cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reporting issues related to the ongoing technical issue with Item Specifics

This thread is dedicated to reporting issues related to the ongoing technical issue with Item Specifics. Please share details including screenshots, steps to recreate, etc. This thread is not meant to be a place for in-depth discussion of the situation, but to be a  place for you to provide us detail into what you're seeing so we can pass this on to the appropriate teams.

Please know that off-topic discussions in this thread will be moved to their own threads. 

For the most recent updates on this issue please review the Announcements Board.

Message 1 of 389
latest reply
388 REPLIES 388

Re: Reporting issues related to the ongoing technical issue with Item Specifics

No

Always a newbie!
Message 346 of 389
latest reply

One of the top search criteria categories under women's boots is 'Character'. A type of Character that is listed is 'Boots'.

What?!

Then 'Silver', 'Angel', 'Charlotte', 'Lola' and 'Not Specified'.

What?!

And the 6th Category is 'Trim Material'. Boots don't typically have trim. How can this be the 6th top category? What is going on with the Search function?!

Message 347 of 389
latest reply

Having trouble accessing my eBay account today.  It keeps wanting to verify, then sign in.  It keeps repeating that process without taking me to my account.

Message 348 of 389
latest reply

SIZE is missing as a specific for listing

SIZE is missing as a filter for buying

you have to chose SIZE TYPE first

which buyer is going to know that???????!

Message 349 of 389
latest reply

Of course boots can have trim materials, but yes, of course your other point is spot on that some of these line items make absolutely no sense.

Visit our Store today!
Message 350 of 389
latest reply

@tulipsandteacups wrote:
Good Afternoon, To Everyone ~ Problems are not all Resolved, and it's Friday, November 8th, Where are all the Elves To Fix This Stuff??????

Getting Nervous for the Holidays, I feel like they have put me in a Beta Testing, which I was told Yes, you are. Why would we do Beta Testing, when this Season means so Much To Everyone On Here, Including Our Buyers. When I called a few days ago, they promised to have it all up and running smoothly. Not As Of Yet, On my end, Has anyone been told we are in testing? Thank You ~

I think the Elves are on the Shelf ... sadly, where many Seller's items remain unsold.  Smiley Sad

Message 351 of 389
latest reply

Absolutely some boots can have trim. But that relatively obscure search criteria shows up while Size, Color and Heel Height do not! These changes must be deterring buyers right and left...

Message 352 of 389
latest reply

It's infuriating. I've just decided to list elsewhere where there are no headaches like this.

Visit our Store today!
Message 353 of 389
latest reply

Been Trying to edit my store. It lets me do everything til I press Publish and then nothing.

Cindy
Message 354 of 389
latest reply

Some of the store stuff hasn't worked for over a year.....  they eliminated options in May/June 2018, like choosing list/gallery view, were supposed to "upgrade stores" the next month, but never did (stores team either quit or were fired according to someone at open). They "killed" the options, but never eliminated the verbiage to "do" the option.  Hence you can choose it, but won't publish.........

Message 355 of 389
latest reply

All of my listings had GSP added to them which I don't use. I edited all of them to take it off and now they are back on my listings as well as added to my newest listings.  While I appreciate the update on the tax information, could you PLEASE let your sellers know what the F--- you are doing to resolve this issue other than just opening this stupid thread? This doesn't solve anything and the lack of updates relayed to the sellers is unbelievable. This is not a "glitch" as your phone responders all say. This is a systematic issue that is seriously hurting our business. I am moving my inventory to other platforms.

Message 356 of 389
latest reply

Jeans are a big seller.   My sales have dropped significantly.  Top Rated Plus with over 8000+ feedbacks.

Here is the solution that will increase revenue for eBay and improve sales.

• Show the customer the WAIST field first.  Then show the customer the INSEAM field
  • Eliminate all of the redundant ways to list a Waist Size e.g. 30, W30, 30W, 30 in.  Only one is needed.

Message 357 of 389
latest reply

Sales data is still not correct, taking hours to days to update. 

MARKDOWN MANAGER IS A JOKE. Sales are continuing well past their expiration and planned sales are failing to start. I have a sale pending right now that was supposed to start 2 hours and 10 minutes ago. It's a holiday, people are shopping, but I don't have a sale going, not because I didn't plan for it but because this platform isn't working the way it should. At least I got a coupon when I complained about my store fees being wasted this month. A coupon to spend on ebay of course, not a reduction in my fees. I'm glad that there are people up top who care about us as sellers but hearing from them directly related to this fiasco would be much better than a buzz word filled blog post.  Whew. 

Is anyone from ebay still reading this thread? I love selling on ebay but this last month has been terrible. 

Message 358 of 389
latest reply

@community_team 

Can someone please tell me in their infinite wisdom re: item specifics for Clothing: there is a recommended block for "warm weight". I list a pre-owned, not new, men's denim jacket in Mens jackets/vests. The drop down box shows numbers I have never seen in my lifetime starting with 300 and ending with 1000? What the heck is that? Where is the pre-October 15 notation of lightweight, medium, etc.? 

I just received another IS update for my listing program. It is the worst mess I have ever encountered. I believe ebay is trying to combine the "new" products catalogue with the "pre-owned" so it becomes a one size fits all entity. Ain't going to happen. I not only have to fix my active listings but also now clean up my program where data only comes to me from the eBay "developers." Truly, I have had about enough. And I don't need a "character" block, either...

Is there any way ebay can give us a running list of just what is the "required" ebay elements. I don't care about this "recommended." 

I ain't got the brains to make this up (Fantastic Beasts)
Message 359 of 389
latest reply

@*winkies* wrote:

MARKDOWN MANAGER IS A JOKE. Sales are continuing well past their expiration and planned sales are failing to start. I have a sale pending right now that was supposed to start 2 hours and 10 minutes ago. It's a holiday, people are shopping, but I don't have a sale going, not because I didn't plan for it but because this platform isn't working the way it should. At least I got a coupon when I complained about my store fees being wasted this month. A coupon to spend on ebay of course, not a reduction in my fees. I'm glad that there are people up top who care about us as sellers but hearing from them directly related to this fiasco would be much better than a buzz word filled blog post.  Whew. 

Is anyone from ebay still reading this thread? I love selling on ebay but this last month has been terrible. 

@*winkies*  - I've had a thread going about that topic for over a month now with no resolution or updates from eBay.   https://community.ebay.com/t5/Technical-Issues/Promotion-Manager-Markdown-Sale-Delays-Follow-Up-To-W...

Mostly it has been delays in start and end times like you noted, but I had one weekend where eBay kept randomly ending markdown promotions after a few hours when they were scheduled to run for days.  Markdown Manager is definitely not functioning properly and I'm afraid it's not going to get any better for the holidays.

Message 360 of 389
latest reply