cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Manage Variations Page Load Error - It's not you. It's us.

Heads up to other sellers:

Through Seller Hub, navigating to the manage variations page redirects to the "It's not you. It's us." status code 500 error page.

Tested with multiple browsers and multiple selling accounts.

Going in to edit the listing is working. But the quick edit features through the manage variations page in Seller Hub (update price, quantity, SKU) is not currently accessible.

Since I can still go in the long way and edit through the listing I'm holding off on reporting to CS, hoping this error is short lived and fixed by morning.

GLORIOUS!

Confused about the switch to eBay discounted shipping? Read this discussion to make an informed decision about opt in / opt out.
Message 1 of 31
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Re: Manage Variations Page Load Error - It's not you. It's us.

@wastingtime101 wrote:

Is there a way kyle@ebay to find out if eBay's rebooting a server and the page will be down for 24 hours, or if this is a legit tech issue we should be reporting to CS? This is really hindering my work process.

For whatever it's worth, there's another thread (link) where people are running into this error on the FB page going on 4 days and another thread (link) where the above manage variation page in addition to other pages are discussed as resulting in the server down error. No idea if the server down issues are related other than resulting in the same error page.

Hey @wastingtime101 thanks for bringing this up!  It turns out this is a brand new known issue (just opened today) that our tech team is already working on.  I went ahead and updated the tech board as well.  

Kyle,
eBay

View Best Answer in original post

Message 3 of 31
latest reply
30 REPLIES 30

Is there a way kyle@ebay to find out if eBay's rebooting a server and the page will be down for 24 hours, or if this is a legit tech issue we should be reporting to CS? This is really hindering my work process.

For whatever it's worth, there's another thread (link) where people are running into this error on the FB page going on 4 days and another thread (link) where the above manage variation page in addition to other pages are discussed as resulting in the server down error. No idea if the server down issues are related other than resulting in the same error page.

GLORIOUS!

Confused about the switch to eBay discounted shipping? Read this discussion to make an informed decision about opt in / opt out.
Message 2 of 31
latest reply

@wastingtime101 wrote:

Hey @wastingtime101 thanks for bringing this up!  It turns out this is a brand new known issue (just opened today) that our tech team is already working on.  I went ahead and updated the tech board as well.  

Kyle,
eBay
Message 3 of 31
latest reply

Thanks kyle@ebay!

adding more text because of that annoying 10 character limit 😒

GLORIOUS!

Message 4 of 31
latest reply

@wastingtime101 wrote:

Heads up to other sellers:

Through Seller Hub, navigating to the manage variations page redirects to the "It's not you. It's us." status code 500 error page.

Tested with multiple browsers and multiple selling accounts.

Going in to edit the listing is working. But the quick edit features through the manage variations page in Seller Hub (update price, quantity, SKU) is not currently accessible.

Since I can still go in the long way and edit through the listing I'm holding off on reporting to CS, hoping this error is short lived and fixed by morning.

I actually noticed this about 2 weeks ago. I can't remember if it did it 100% of the time, but it happens 100% of the time now. The same thing would happen when I clicked onto my feedback score link. I thought the two issues were related, but I'm not sure. I know for a fact that the feedback score link only errors out some of the time, not 100% of the time.

I was too lazy to post or call it in hoping for the same thing you were. But the lack of this quick edit totally wasted my time when I was at my supplier restocking today. It took me over 4x as long and I was too fed up to thoroughly restock. I coincidentally called it in and the rep said there is a ticket already open for it, but only timestamped 2 hours ago. My guess is the ticket was open because of @wastingtime101 's post here.

On that note, kyle@ebay remember awhile back when clicking on the "manage variations" link would just expand and collapse your variations within that same "Manage Active Listings" page? That was super efficient, especially when viewing these pages thru a smart phone while at a vendor or supplier. Ebay decided to stop that expand/collapse function and just have it open a brand new page instead, which made things much slower. I hate having to click back and forth between pages on a smart phone like that. Any chance the developers can bring back the expand/collapse? What was the reason behind getting rid of that in the first place?

Message 5 of 31
latest reply

@wastingtime101 wrote:

Lol, guess I should've read your thread completely before mentioning redundant info. 

Message 6 of 31
latest reply

Until today  (7/20/23)  the error still there...can't access right away to check the quantity of variation directly...i need to do a 2 clicks  to go inside the listing and correct / input manually.   I think they're fixing something....before the "Ground Advantage" is being mixed with "Media Mail" when making a label...now everything is okay and corrected.  

Message 7 of 31
latest reply

Until today  (7/21/23)  the error is still there...

Message 8 of 31
latest reply

Yeah, same here. I hope it's fixed today and we don't head into the weekend like this. Like @iamalwaysright said, it's also affecting my sourcing/restocking. Can't even see watchers to know which variations have the most interest.

GLORIOUS!

Message 9 of 31
latest reply

As of 7/23 at about 9:30 PM CST the issue is still happening. Haven't been able to update inventory numbers for 4 days now. At serious risk of overselling several items, so I may have to take my store down if it isn't corrected soon. This has really become a significant issue.

Message 10 of 31
latest reply

@robinson_weaponry_llc wrote:

As of 7/23 at about 9:30 PM CST the issue is still happening. Haven't been able to update inventory numbers for 4 days now. At serious risk of overselling several items, so I may have to take my store down if it isn't corrected soon. This has really become a significant issue.

You cannot update through the quick edit functions in Seller Hub because the manage variations page won't load.

But you can update by going into the listing edit screen and doing it the long way.

I don't see a need to shut down since you can still edit quantities through a different path @robinson_weaponry_llc .

GLORIOUS!

Message 11 of 31
latest reply

Me too! still happening..... Can't fast edit the quantity all variations

Message 12 of 31
latest reply

still happening 4.16pm on 24/07/23

Message 13 of 31
latest reply

Thanks much for the assistance. It worked, but man that took forever. They need to get this fixed. 

Message 14 of 31
latest reply

Any updates for today, July 24th at 10:15 PM EST?  It has been days and the error keeps occurring.  Kindly advise.

Message 15 of 31
latest reply