cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Are you being charged a fee for revising already listed items?

I noticed this over the week.  When I went to revise a listing, it would tell me that fees are $.10 - 10 cents.

I thought that is odd so I made 3 different revisions instead of doing all one for one listing.  Somethings I wanted to change from the way I listed originally.  Then I was able to escape the fee for revision --- especially if I had just listed the item and paid the 10 cents since I have already used up my free listing that come with our subscription.

Is that happening to any of you  --- e-bay charging fees to revise listing?  

It just happened again and I clicked without checking and sure enough it charged me 10cents.  

That seems like a rip off especially when sales are already down.   We are not so happy.  Yesterday e-bay came and told us to reduce prices so we can have sales on some items --- items already priced low that we are losing money.  So funny.  Why don't we just give it away?  So funny.

Is there a moderator around?  It happened to me for the following item on 3/18/18 around 1 pm pacific time:        Item ID: 382409085185  - Billabong Flowers and Stars distressed hoodie - was originally listed on 3/13/18 for 30 days so revision should be free -- should not cost me 10 cents.

Hello e-bay moderator - can you please check if we are being charged for revisions?  Is that something new with the spring update I missed?  Thanks

Message 1 of 50
latest reply
49 REPLIES 49

Re: Are you being charged a fee for revising already listed items?

same thing happened to me.

Message 16 of 50
latest reply

It has also happened to me in the past and I was able to get resolved by going to 

https://www.facebook.com/eBayForBusiness/ 

and chat with someone to assist me. They resolved the problem same day.

Message 17 of 50
latest reply

I just got charged today .20 to revise a listing. I got charged the other day also. What are they going to charge on next?
Message 18 of 50
latest reply

I was also charged a .20 cents fee for changing one letter in my summary. When I called ebay they stated that I wasnt charged. I use to have over 900 items listed  I am now down to just over 400. Ebay will try to rip you off like they did years ago.

Message 19 of 50
latest reply

Yes, that happened to me. I had to pay .20 each to revise two items.

Message 20 of 50
latest reply

It's one of those "quirks" (probably eBay hopes we don't notice). When I notice a fee for revising, I cancel the revision and try again, usually works the second time with no fees.
Message 21 of 50
latest reply

I get charged a fee of 20 cents every time I revise an item by just lowering the price.
Message 22 of 50
latest reply

Yep, I was trying to revise a listing about a week ago and it was trying to charge me .30 cents. The only thing I was trying to do was lower the price. I didn't do it.

Seems "convenient" for eBay to have a "glitch" that charges sellers random fee. Imagine ho much they made if thousands of sellers were doing this and the money they made off that "glitch"? How many of those sellers will bother to go through the process of getting reimbursed? Seems like they would be able to run some kind of report (given that they have such a sophisticated system) to refund the overcharged sellers.
Message 23 of 50
latest reply

Just spoke with rep today and that’s it,Call in and have them remove the fee froms account which is **bleep** because I pay lots of money to them each and every month as do most of you and the only thing that really gets me is that there is no formal announcement to sellers
Message 24 of 50
latest reply

It can depend on what you are revising or how.  If you got a free listing special for 50 AUCTIONS then change your mind to make them Fixed Price, then you have altered the deal and have to pay.  If you revise to add a second category or change from 5 day to 10 day, you will get a fee hit.

Message 25 of 50
latest reply

@movinchiwrote:

Hello - Yes, I have a basic store and I was charged .20 cents to modify an item.  My wholesale price had gone up, and my postage calculations were off, so of course I would fix the price to make the sale profitable.    There are many new sellers and sellers increasing their listings because they are following the "drop shipping" model.  So, eBay will see more business, but it will become so crowded, I am wondering if it may even continue to be worth it.  Only the anchors and big sellers can afford to make profits like .50 or $1.00 because they have thousands of sales.  That is not the case with most of the faithful sellers on eBay.

Many "dropshippers" dont last long here.  Its not that we dont like the process but that one of the primary rules of Ebay listings is to NEVER list something you have not held in your own hand.  You cant be sure you are listing the item correctly or accurately when you depend on some third party way cross country.  And of course there are teh negs that rack up when the third party sends the wrong item OR NOTHING.  Many buyers wont purchase items with stock photos either - I want to see THE VERY ITEM I AM BUYING not some photoshopped pie in the sky magazine picture so I can gage the condition and in many cases authenticity.  And of course there is basic logic - most of us buyers ALSO have the same Amazon Prime so can get it ourselves.  If we didnt buy the one on Amazon it was for a reason.

Message 26 of 50
latest reply

This happened to me too. I don't understand the Ebay logic. A  Change notice was not gieven to the sellers. I'm trying to get the items to sell if it hasn't sold and Ebay wants to hit me with extra fees on unsold items if I try to make the more desirable. I think the fees are too high to begin with. I used to see more "free" listings every few months. This made sense to increase sales and increase the sold fee amount to ebay. Ebay should be working with us . If we make money, they will make money. To charge these fees on unsold items does not make sense. Thr fees only put a double burden on us and makes you wonder if it is worthwile to sell the item.

Message 27 of 50
latest reply

Most of us get 50 free a month and I have gotten a listing offer every month since November of 50-100 more free listings.  10% is pretty reasonable - you STILL get NINETY PERCENT of the sale price.

Message 28 of 50
latest reply

Why does eBay charge listing fees? Fees boost eBay's bottom line -- they assume.  If there were unlimited listings, more items would be listed and thusly drive more offerings to eBay platform just by sheer numbers. 

The Amazon behemoth offers 2-day free shipping with prime "membership."  Compare that to Costco.  Yes, I am a Prime and Costco member and it is NOT Free shipping.  We are paying a fee to subsidize the shipping costs and some items do not have free shipping.   In addition to Prime 2 day average ship times, they offer TV, Books, Music, and other offerings.  eBay is not in that league.  Both are online sellers with a vast array of goods.  The similarities end there.

For eBay to expect sellers to offer "Free Shipping" and a 30-day return policy is really scraping sellers to the bone.  We could assume someone could request a return any time within that period. Don't pay your bills or count that as profit.  You have to hold your breath.   Customers do send back an item that is not resellable.  Then, we are at a total loss with shipping and packaging fees to mail on top of that.  Actually, when eBay and Amazon, it is not fair to say you are comparing apples to oranges because we're not getting a share of a membership fee to subsidize the selling - we are getting increased fees!  We have to factor shipping and packaging costs into an item and make it appear it has "Free Shipping."  The Post Office has just increased their rate and UPS is no longer on the menu for comparison shipping.  

How are any of these practices "Seller Friendly" ...I am missing that.  

Message 29 of 50
latest reply

@movinchiwrote:

Why does eBay charge listing fees? Fees boost eBay's bottom line -- they assume.  If there were unlimited listings, more items would be listed and thusly drive more offerings to eBay platform just by sheer numbers.   

If there were unlimited listings, there would be even more unsellable **bleep** clogging the search results, and ebay would have to invest in more infrastructure to handle all of the extra listings of unsellable **bleep**.

How is that seller- or buyer-friendly?

Message 30 of 50
latest reply