cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

All item descriptions being blocked by a Please Verify Yourself (Captcha) prompt

Well this is a new one.  I can't view any item descriptions on any pages.  I'm on a desktop computer using Chrome - same computer I've been using for the past 5 years or so to browse ebay.  Same results even if I try using an incognito window.  Same results on multiple listings.  Then when I click all the boxes next to the correct photos, the "I am a  human" goes to a green checkbox, but it stops there and the description still won't load.

verify.PNG

Message 1 of 40
latest reply
39 REPLIES 39

Re: All item descriptions being blocked by a Please Verify Yourself (Captcha) prompt

@eburtonlab wrote:

Odd, I am not getting a Captcha or having problems viewing item descriptions in Firefox or Chrome or Edge on a Windows 10 machine, even after signing out and signing back in.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/266280569776

I was able to view the page via your link normally using the eBay app on my phone, but the desktop view remains blocked. (Windoze 10 box, using Chrome)

On my first re-test just now, I actually got a gray screen and unhappy face, with an error message saying that the Captcha could not run, but then a second attempt brought the original problem back again.

Message 16 of 40
latest reply

Re: All item descriptions being blocked by a Please Verify Yourself (Captcha) prompt

I cant get into any descriptions either.. will ebay allow cancelations for auctions ending soon?

Message 17 of 40
latest reply

Ebay programmers are the mechanic you go to for a flat tire and he blows up your engine.

Message 18 of 40
latest reply

Having same problem!  Very frustrating and costly when customers can't view our descriptions!

Message 19 of 40
latest reply

Same here - Can't read any descriptions even though I get the green check mark.  

Message 20 of 40
latest reply

Why are they even placing captchas on the description? Why???? This is insane. Please ebay, just load the page without this unnecessary "security" nonsense. 

Message 21 of 40
latest reply

Having Same issue

Message 22 of 40
latest reply

kyle@ebay 

I am going to tear my hair out if I have to identify another sports stadium or castle....trying to update descriptions....

my sanity thanks you in advance.....

!ebay-captcha-new.jpg

Message 23 of 40
latest reply

I have the same issue - can't view my own listing descriptions or anyone else's, although I get the green check mark after doing the captcha.  I'm with the poster above - why in the world have this in a description anyway?!  🙄

Message 24 of 40
latest reply

My question is who isnt authorized to view a description?  arent those available without logging in anyway?

Message 25 of 40
latest reply

I am having the same issue.  I was hoping for a good weekend of sales.  Guess that's not happening. ☹️

Message 26 of 40
latest reply

Same problem. I see it on my Mac with Safari where I'm logged into eBay and also Chrome where I'm not logged in, and also on my work PC in Chrome and Edge.

All of the captchas have been castles and stadia.

Message 27 of 40
latest reply

I guess I'm just unable to tell the difference between Sports Stadium and Castle, no matter how many times I take. Thanks, ebay!

Message 28 of 40
latest reply

I called them and they are aware of the situation and are working to resolve it, no telling how fast.

this will impact sales in the meantime

Message 29 of 40
latest reply

im having the same issue , just reported it to a CSR on the phone . I asked the CSR to look up an item ( same one i'm looking at ) see stated that she did not have any issues . I then went to to community and explained that many others are having the same issue. She stated she is reporting it . 

Message 30 of 40
latest reply