cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

90% decrease in views

I've been selling on Ebay for over 20 years and just recently noticed a sharp decrease in my views. I sell player lots of baseball cards and up until about 2 weeks ago I would typically get about 40 -60 views during my 7 day auctions. Sometimes I would even get over 100 depending on the player. Now I get about 5-10 views over 7 days. I am listing the same and my account is above average in all areas. I've called Ebay twice and so far they have not fixed the problem. Anybody else experiencing this?  Less views means less bids and less money.

Message 1 of 16
latest reply
15 REPLIES 15

Re: 90% decrease in views

Don't know much about baseball cards, but could this be due to the fact that there are more baseball card sellers on eBay? 

Or, if that's not the answer, what is the "problem" that you want eBay to fix? 

Message 2 of 16
latest reply

Back in July I did some auctions with an 80% sell through rate, went back and did it again in September with the same items and only got a 10% sell through rate. I just took it as with all the promoted they are pushing that auctions just do not get the push anymore. Then again the site has so so many issues going on it could be part of that. Like customers have not been able to message me for over 12 hours now.

Message 3 of 16
latest reply

@petepenn wrote:

I've been selling on Ebay for over 20 years and just recently noticed a sharp decrease in my views. I sell player lots of baseball cards and up until about 2 weeks ago I would typically get about 40 -60 views during my 7 day auctions. Sometimes I would even get over 100 depending on the player. Now I get about 5-10 views over 7 days. I am listing the same and my account is above average in all areas. I've called Ebay twice and so far they have not fixed the problem. Anybody else experiencing this?  Less views means less bids and less money.

My sales plummeted after Sept 19 when the PLA beta program was initiated and to date has not recouped

What's worse, all my listings, close to 700, have Standard Promotions

It looks like if you don't do Advanced Promotions, you're OOL, DOA, etc etc

I cannot afford to pay for PLA  😫

Message 4 of 16
latest reply

Well when I first called I spoke to Jon and he too saw a dramatic decrease that didn't look right to him either.  He initiated a trouble ticket  with their IT to look into it and said I would hear something in a couple days.  2 weeks later I called back and spoke with a lady who said the ticket was pending.  She actually gave me the ticket number,  so clearly something is wrong on their end, and they see it,  they're just not fixing it.  What I wanted to know is how many other people have noticed this in their selling, and if any of them found a way around it.

Message 5 of 16
latest reply

That's about when I noticed it too.  Right around September 19th.  Even listings I'm boosting are getting 2 views a week???  I've tried other categories and items too just to see if that made a difference and it really didn't.

Message 6 of 16
latest reply

I am having the same issue, 90% drop in views over the weekend.  Started 10/16-10/18, I am on the phone with them as I am typing this requesting a ticket and a supervisor.  The ONLY thing I changed was set my orders say "Pay Now" when ordering something with "Buy it now"....I am not sure why that would change my impressions...the two may not be related but I am trying to sort this out. I never go a weekend without orders, and I had ZERO orders this weekend!

Message 7 of 16
latest reply

@petepenn wrote:

That's about when I noticed it too.  Right around September 19th.  Even listings I'm boosting are getting 2 views a week???  I've tried other categories and items too just to see if that made a difference and it really didn't.

I brought it up on the Oct 6 Weekly chat, this link shows my concern and answer from the eBay Community Team>

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Weekly-Discussion-with-eBay/Community-Chat-October-6-1-00-pm-PT-Genera...

Message 8 of 16
latest reply

I feel your pain. I am not paying more either. They need to stop playing these pay to play schemes 

Message 9 of 16
latest reply

Not just you, and not just one location, or items. The thing is a mess;

ad the latest scatergory game in to the mess and it is running of purchasers...

That is scary for sure.

Message 10 of 16
latest reply

I think the main problem is the major change in categories.  They have lumped dozens of them into one main category so buyers are having a hard time finding things that were easy to find before the "big change" last week.  I sell in the collectible dolls field and there used to be really good breakdown specifics, now everything is in one category, so stupid of ebay.

Message 11 of 16
latest reply

My Sales almost completely stopped, since the Advanced Promotions started. I have been selling since 2004. During the summer I was selling 5 to 8 items a day, shipping daily. I have 1,940 items running in every category imageable from  A to Z.  Since that started, I am lucky to sell 4 items a week, I cannot survive that way and cannot afford the Adanced Promotions. I also list 10 plus items a day...can anyone help me by suggesting something to do other than calling ebay, I have already twice

Message 12 of 16
latest reply

I don't know about views...but 

My Sales almost completely stopped, since the Advanced Promotions started. I have been selling since 2004. During the summer I was selling 5 to 8 items a day, shipping daily. I have 1,940 items running in every category imageable from  A to Z.  Since that started, I am lucky to sell 4 items a week, I cannot survive that way and cannot afford the Adanced Promotions. I also list 10 plus items a day...can anyone help me by suggesting something to do other than calling ebay, I have already twice

Message 13 of 16
latest reply

Something is wrong with the search feature on eBay. I've called about it twice. Either it's something they can't fix or it's something they have changed with search feature. I usually collect antique mohair bears. When I do my search now nothing but a bunch of trash comes up and I am finding this my usual "antique bear" search in stupid categories like Doll clothes and accessories. I will not search for hours. If this isn't changed I will be window shopping much less on eBay. Too frustrating to now look through tons of crap I don't want to have to look through.  I quit selling here over 8 years ago. Fees too high among other reasons I won't go into. Have categories been changed?

Message 14 of 16
latest reply

I quit selling on ago.  Fee increases, fees on shipping, etc. was just too much.  Fees on shipping still makes no sense to me.  Does advanced promotions change the buyer search engine in some way that is only temporary? 

I quit selling with 100% positive feedback. 8 years later as a buyer I still have 100% positive feedback. Now eBay is messing with my buying experience? Ugh, ..... buh bye.

Search engine works fine on Etsy, Ruby Lane and FB. If search engine stays like it is now, looks like eBay will run me off as a buyer too.  I've got a lump of coal for every Ebay CEO's Christmas stocking who makes this a permanent search engine change.  lol

Message 15 of 16
latest reply