cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Signed Waterford vase? jar? something with a notch in neck? What is it?

Hi all,

This little items is acid signed Waterford on the very bottom of the diamond cut side, just above the flat base.

I have no idea what this might be?  Has a notched out spot, I thought maybe for a lamp switch?

It measures about 3-1/2" tall and almost 5" at the widest.  The opening is 2-1/4" diameter outside measurement.  The notched out spot has some rough chippy spots which also made me think some sort of metal like a lamp part?

The pattern is the diamond cut on the lower half and the top half just has one row of wide X pattern, not diamond.

Any help with this is greatly appreciated!

JenniferIMG_7213.JPGIMG_7214.JPGIMG_7215.JPGIMG_7218.JPGIMG_7221.JPGIMG_7222.JPGIMG_7223.JPGIMG_7224.JPG

Message 1 of 8
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions
7 REPLIES 7

Possibly an inkwell?

https://www.worthpoint.com/worthopedia/vintage-waterford-crystal-inkwell-416497583

I think the notch is for the chain to hang down and yours is missing the ring and chain.

Message 2 of 8
latest reply

Maybe an inkwell?

https://www.worthpoint.com/worthopedia/vintage-waterford-crystal-inkwell-416497583

The notch could be for the chain which connects the ring to the lid?

Message 3 of 8
latest reply

I think it may be an inkwell. The notch is for a chain which connects a ring around the rim to a removable lid.
Message 4 of 8
latest reply

Thank you for checking this.  I am thinking it is way too large for an inkwell.  I did see this same item in

photos on my yahoo search, it was posted by someone on pinterest.  When I clicked on the item, it was no longer

available to view on the site so I was not able to get details.  It was however listed in the "lamps" or "lamp parts"

heading.

Message 5 of 8
latest reply

Lower half of an oil lamp?

Message 6 of 8
latest reply

Thank you all so much, and Janet for finding this for me :-)!

Message 8 of 8
latest reply