Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

this new payout system SUCKS!!

New eBay payout SUCKS!! 

Message 1 of 340
latest reply
339 REPLIES 339

Re: this new payout system SUCKS!!

i made a 21.20$ sale after fees and bottom barrel shipping i got a measely 14 bucks out of it well once it clear and deposits that is. i liked paypal and preferred it them pushing their own payment system while not letting me use paypal to sell now has basically ended me selling now also the rates are higher! stop being so greedy Ebay or half your sellers will move else where.

Message 121 of 340
latest reply

@retrogamer420us wrote:

i made a 21.20$ sale after fees and bottom barrel shipping i got a measely 14 bucks out of it well once it clear and deposits that is. i liked paypal and preferred it them pushing their own payment system while not letting me use paypal to sell now has basically ended me selling now also the rates are higher! stop being so greedy Ebay or half your sellers will move else where.

What is "bottom barrel shipping"?  Seller chooses the shipping method or gives the buyer shipping method options.

From your sold list you chose to set your listings up as free shipping.  If you didn't add enough to the price of your item to adequately cover your shipping, that isn't Ebay's or MP's fault.  Sellers are in full control of this.

So in MP 21.20 x 14.55% [DVD Category] = 3.08  

I assume you shipped the item via Media Mail which is 2.89 if purchased online.

I assume the 1.20 is sales tax.

So 21.20 - 3.08 - 2.89 - 1.20 = 14.03

If you were NOT to be in MP your fees would have been as follows.

20.00 x 12.20% Ebay FVF = 2.44

21.20 x 2.9% PP fee = .62

Total Fees are 3.06

So 21.20 - fees of 3.06 - sales tax 1.20 - shipping 2.89 = 14.05

It is a two cent difference.

All Ebay sellers are here to make a profit.  So why is Ebay "greedy" for wanting to make a profit too?  Doesn't that make ALL OF US greedy???

Stats are not showing that Ebay is losing half of its sellers.  If you look at Ebay financial releases, the latest one was April 28th, membership in Ebay is growing.

With that said, I respect that MP is extremely different than what we are use to.  PP is such a flexible program and I too very much like PP.  This change seems to be hardest for micro sellers and casual sellers such as yourself.  There isn't much I can say to make you feel better about it.  It is however my hope that MP will continue to grow has it has for the last 3 years and continue to improve for all of us.

@retrogamer420us 

mam98031  •  Volunteer Community Member  •  Buyer/Seller since 1999
Message 122 of 340
latest reply

All other matters aside I just don't have any confidence in Ebay being able to roll this out without "difficulties", technical or otherwise.  I am taking the wait and see approach and ending all my listings on Sunday the 16th to insure a five day window of quality service for any existing customers.  I have attached this rider to all my listings of consequence....

EBAY WILL BE REMOVING PAYPAL AS A PAYMENT OPTION ON THE 21ST AND PROCESSING
PAYMENTS THEMSELVES. IN ORDER TO AVOID ANY POTENTIAL "GLITCHES" OR PROBLEMS WITH THAT TRANSITION I AM ENDING ALL MY LISTINGS ON SUNDAY MAY 16 AND WILL INSURE NEXT BUSINESS DAY SHIPPING FOR PAYMENTS MADE BEFORE THESE CHANGES COME INTO EFFECT.

Message 123 of 340
latest reply

You are still very trusting!!   

I wouldn't trust any modern corporation , even with

somebody else nickel!!

Message 124 of 340
latest reply

@altaegon wrote:

All other matters aside I just don't have any confidence in Ebay being able to roll this out without "difficulties", technical or otherwise.  I am taking the wait and see approach and ending all my listings on Sunday the 16th to insure a five day window of quality service for any existing customers.  I have attached this rider to all my listings of consequence....

EBAY WILL BE REMOVING PAYPAL AS A PAYMENT OPTION ON THE 21ST AND PROCESSING
PAYMENTS THEMSELVES. IN ORDER TO AVOID ANY POTENTIAL "GLITCHES" OR PROBLEMS WITH THAT TRANSITION I AM ENDING ALL MY LISTINGS ON SUNDAY MAY 16 AND WILL INSURE NEXT BUSINESS DAY SHIPPING FOR PAYMENTS MADE BEFORE THESE CHANGES COME INTO EFFECT.

This is NOT a new program.  MP has been slowing being rolled out for 3+ years.  Ebay just couldn't have more than 10% of sellers in MP per the contract we had with PayPal that ended in June of last year.  Which is why the big push is on to onboard most sellers before the end of the year, Ebay is no longer restricted from doing so.

Well what you are saying in ALL caps isn't accurate and IMHO is a poor business practice to begin with.  There is NO REASON to try and but your buyers in the middle of a disagreement you have with Ebay.  Can you imagine if you walked into Macy's or some other store and there was an employee handing out a flyer saying they were having a disagreement with one of their suppliers.  How unprofessional that would be!!!  Your buyers can't change this.

By the way.  MP does NOT remove the ability for buyers to use PP to make payments to sellers in MP or any other seller.  Buyers are ONLY positively affected by MP since they now will have two new ADDITIONAL options they can pay with if they want.  Google Pay or Apple Pay.

To publicly assert that Ebay has glitches in this program is just another irresponsible thing to say in your listings and probably breaches the selling rules in which we all have to abide by.  

If you are delaying your shipments, you have every right to do that, but make sure you CHANGE your handling time on you listings BEFORE someone pays.  MP is a money processing program ONLY and it does not affect the rules for selling.  Those rules are the same as they have always been and one of those rules is accurate handling times.

75.JPG

Message 125 of 340
latest reply

BYE BYE EBAY WELCOME MERCARI

Message 126 of 340
latest reply

@l.r.collectibles00 wrote:

BYE BYE EBAY WELCOME MERCARI

@l.r.collectibles00 

That is funny.  Have you even looked at their requirements for sellers?  You think you are going to like their Payment program better.  I don't think so!!!

Mercari Pmt Process.JPG

Message 127 of 340
latest reply

It's ridiculous that I have to ship my item before I get paid. So, my buyers will receive my item before I even get paid? I'm paying shipping fees upfront before my payout? The shipping fees still come out of my PayPal account so I have to keep funds in there but my payment goes to my checking account? Am I understanding this correctly? This is so sketchy.

Message 128 of 340
latest reply

I don't collect taxes. I'll take it up with my state if a tax issue ever comes up. Screw eBay making money on state taxation.

Message 129 of 340
latest reply

Same ebays worst move in history was to stop partnering with paypal. I have been selling on ebay for almost 30 years. Now I am looking for a new platform to sell on as without laypal this sucks so bad and I HATE it. 

Message 130 of 340
latest reply

Where'd you even get the number..lol

Message 131 of 340
latest reply

@phobique wrote:

It's ridiculous that I have to ship my item before I get paid. So, my buyers will receive my item before I even get paid? I'm paying shipping fees upfront before my payout? The shipping fees still come out of my PayPal account so I have to keep funds in there but my payment goes to my checking account? Am I understanding this correctly? This is so sketchy.

@phobique 

We ALL have the option on the label form to CHOOSE if we'd like the shipping fees to come out of our MP account or PP account.  This is something each of us can do.  Either way is fine, it is just what is best for you.

Sometimes what we think is "sketchy" is just because we have a misunderstanding.

MP Funding a Label.JPG

Message 132 of 340
latest reply

@phobique wrote:

I don't collect taxes. I'll take it up with my state if a tax issue ever comes up. Screw eBay making money on state taxation.

@phobique 

Ebay completely agrees with you and they spent a lot of money fighting against internet sales tax for years.  They are likely responsible for the years of delay that happened before it became a reality.  So instead of blaming Ebay we should thank them for this fact.

Ebay is just doing that the LAWS require them to do.  If you disagree with this, the place to start is with your own states politicians as they are the ones that passed the MFLs [marketplace facilitator laws] that REQUIRE Ebay and ALL other marketplaces like Ebay to collect and remit sales tax to the appropriate states.

This all started in January of 2019.

Message 133 of 340
latest reply

Totally agree! Sold an item on Tuesday and it is Saturday and I still don’t have my money yet I’m expected to ship it out out of pocket instead of out of PAYPAL/actual sale money! Who the hell ships anything out without getting paid?? This is insane! I absolutely hate it and I’m looking and to which other sites are better. I’m done with this **bleep**. Total headache! Too confusing… No customer service to back you up… I can’t believe they screwed up this bad! After 25+ years as a seller??   Bye-bye eBay

Message 134 of 340
latest reply

Same here! I hate having to use my bank account… I liked PAYPAL because I was able to keep all my eBay sales and profit expenses etc. all separate from my personal stuff because that’s the only thing I used PayPal for was eBay… Now it’s all mixed together it’s a big cluster F and this new system is so confusing! I hate it! Everything about it! Especially waiting a week to get paid but having to pay for shipping ASAP… Total **bleep**

Message 135 of 340
latest reply