cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

payment holds

I'm a new / old seller . Started a new acct. after 10 years of inactively . 

Was told upfront as a new seller a hold would be in place for 30 days as a 14 day hold . Ok ..... 60 days in all positives , shipped on time , tracked , no open cases ..... no negatives at all .... algorithm states if we reviewed you today I would rank above standard . I have been trying for almost a week to get an answer about why I'm still too un-trustable  to receive my funds in a timely manner ?

Message 1 of 26
latest reply
25 REPLIES 25

Re: payment holds

I said a good while  lol  Last time I was a seller the funds came directly to me , eBay didn't handle the funds back then . All new stuff to me . I'm small potatoes to them and mean nothing to eBay either way . It wasn't always like this , but I can't be that guy whinning about how it used to be . I'll get over it or I'll move on ... just waiting for the review findings . The funny part is they had to put my payments on hold for up to 5 days while they review my 10 sells . Guess I'm on a double hold now .... making progress I am  .....

Message 16 of 26
latest reply

Interesting   .....  like how you think  ....😎

Message 17 of 26
latest reply

Good attitude. Just keep selling. Things will smooth out.

Well yes, back in the day the funds came directly to me as well. They came in an envelope 😂 Sometimes it was cash. Did not even have to wait to go cash the USPS money order.

Message 18 of 26
latest reply

I prefer not to take such a chance.

Maybe nothing will happen and maybe something will.

I only read the postings here like you always do...some sellers ask why are there holds on their funds.

Like e seller who only sold inexpensive items...and then returns after a period of time selling high-end items...we read holds on these sellers all the time....plus eBay asking for receipts.

Message 19 of 26
latest reply

I really would like to see numbers like yours someday by my name . I know I'll never get them if I get frustrated and close my accnt . I appreciate your level headed thoughts . You are my inspiration for today . Dont get me wrong though ..... if the review doesn't loosen their grip on my funds I'm still going to call them names they have never heard , have a hissy fit , and close my account .....   just kidding  ... I think ....  thanks for the positive words bud   😊

Message 20 of 26
latest reply

yes ... that's how I remembered eBay . **bleep** I'm getting old ...........🤔

Message 21 of 26
latest reply

I think eBay owns them now ... for a few years or better . Not saying it could be connected    ...... I'm not even sure if eBay still owns them , but I think they do .

Message 22 of 26
latest reply

Its unwritten rule that you pay and get your item...everywhere is like that...but their foolish explanation is that they try to motivate me to sell more...they must be crazy, i am not a shop and sell my things i dont need...crazy house 🙂

Drazen Zelic
Message 23 of 26
latest reply

"  I think eBay owns them now ... for a few years or better . Not saying it could be connected    ...... I'm not even sure if eBay still owns them , but I think they do ."

Ebay hasnt 'owned' Paypal for years.

``````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````

“Never pick a fight with an ugly person. They don’t have anything to lose.” ~Robin Williams
Message 24 of 26
latest reply

You must have a huge storage shed to sell all those'items you dont need'.

``````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````

“Never pick a fight with an ugly person. They don’t have anything to lose.” ~Robin Williams
Message 25 of 26
latest reply

so, they hold and my another selling...now they told me that they will hold any of my sell till i reach 25+selling, i supposed per year, which i cant and i never did...think will forget ebay...

Drazen Zelic
Message 26 of 26
latest reply