cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

only a few days left to update listings before forced manage payments

hopefully iam wrong but mps start at the end of the year for almost all sellers if i understand you wont be able to update your listings after the end of the year unless you give them your bank account ss number ect . it will be the end of the road for me and other sellers

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

Re: only a few days left to update listings before forced manage payments

Yes.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Here.

Message 2 of 6
latest reply

@angwjea wrote:

hopefully iam wrong but mps start at the end of the year for almost all sellers if i understand you wont be able to update your listings after the end of the year unless you give them your bank account ss number ect . it will be the end of the road for me and other sellers

Have you gotten the MP invite? I haven't gotten one single email, message or notice in Seller Hub that I need to sign up for MP yet.

And no way they can have everyone in MP by the end of the year. There are whole countries that haven't even been started yet. I am doubtful they can even accomplish all of it by the end of 2021.

Message 3 of 6
latest reply

I thought the deadline was 2021 but this seems to make more sense:

"The deadline is July 2021 because that is the end of the current (extended) contract with PayPal.

eBay is moving sellers over slowly because eBay and PayPal still have a clause in their Agreement that specifies how much of gross sales must pass through PayPal without eBay paying a penalty.

That percentage is less and less with each contract year … ending in July 2021."
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
No matter.

Message 4 of 6
latest reply

July 2021 may be the ultimate date, but I just received a message from eBay saying that if I didn't enroll in MP by January 22, 2022 I would no longer be able to post new listings.  

Not sure if this means anything else already listed will still be able to be paid for/processed "the old way" via PayPal or not -- or at least until July 2021.  As usual, the message was unhelpful in that regard.

Message 5 of 6
latest reply

It sounds like eBay got PP to extend payments processing from 2021 to July 2021 when they signed the new contract.

I'm uncomfortable with MP. Paypal bought your item outright at a discount (minus the PP fee). You paid eBay service provider fees.

Now, eBay buys your account receivable at a discount (minus eBay fees) and sells it to Adyen at a discount (minus Adyen fees); only you're paid later. This is called reverse factoring or supply chain financing. The rub is all the layers of KYC; thus the information requirements.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Know-Your-Customer (KYC). Most funders require KYC checks to be performed on suppliers being enlisted as new trading partners. This procedure not only increases the total processing cost, but it also puts the business case for all parties including the service provider, funder, buyer and ultimately the supplier at risk.

Message 6 of 6
latest reply