cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't leave negative feedback for buyers

Ebay needs to fix this ASAP!!! I do not understand why sellers are unable to leave negative feedback for a buyer who never pays! Yes we open a case (That takes over a month); once resolved YOU CAN'T leave negative feedback and if you want to leave it; it has to be positive. 

I've lost out on so much money for non paying buyers because the items I sale are very volatile...some eBayers have 100% feedback with 1000+ reviews but if you read the positive ones carefully a lot say "BEWARE" "NON-PAYMENT", etc....

Fix THIS EBAY!!!! Even when you set feedback parameters there are too many loop holes for buyers to keep doing this!!!!

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

I fully agree. This has been the season for non-paying "buyers" and then another slap in the face, Ebay gives them about 3 weeks to return the item. No other site does this. It says a lot about how Ebay feels about us sellers. Unfortunately, not been able to leave negative feedback for buyers has been this way for years...and I mean years. Doesn't make it right, but this is how Ebay conducts their business. It is truly an awful business plan.

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

eBay's reasoning for the lack of buyer negatives is spelled out here:

https://pages.ebay.com/services/forum/changes.html#o4

"Why are sellers allowed to leave only positive Feedback for buyers?

Sellers used to be able to leave negative Feedback for buyers. Unfortunately, we found that when buyers had bad experiences with sellers, they were often reluctant to leave neutral or negative Feedback out of fear that the seller would retaliate by leaving negative Feedback for them. And when buyers did receive unfair negative Feedback, they usually decreased their shopping on eBay. Overall, it became clear that the fear of retaliatory negative Feedback made it more difficult for good sellers to distinguish themselves from not-so-good sellers, and made the Feedback system as a whole less reliable."

If a buyer does not pay, you should pursue an unpaid item dispute which takes six days, and if won, will get you your final value fees back, allow you to have any negative feedback removed, and provide the buyer with an unpaid item strike.

https://www.ebay.com/help/selling/getting-paid/resolving-unpaid-items?id=4137

If you set your buyer requirements, you can block any buyer with more than two recent unpaid item strikes from bidding on your auctions or buying from you.

https://www.ebay.com/help/selling/listings/creating-managing-listings/setting-buyer-requirements?id=...

Even if you could leave negative feedback for a buyer, having negative feedback does not prevent such a buyer from bidding or buying; but unpaid item strikes actually can.

You can avoid many unpaid item issues by listing your item for a fixed price with immediate payment required and by not accepting any offers. That way the buyer must complete checkout and actually pay in order to proceed.

Message 3 of 3
latest reply