cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

eBay not using PayPal anymore?

I got a message from eBay saying to update my account details.

"It’s now simpler to get paid on eBay

Getting paid has changed: Fees and expenses will be deducted before you get paid out and the remainder of your earnings will go directly to your bank account, not your PayPal account. Get set up in a few easy steps."

I primarily just tend to leave all the money I receive in my PayPal, so I wanted to ask for clarification: does this mean sellers can no longer use PayPal as a means of payment? We have to store the money in a bank account now?

I also saw something saying eBay raised their fees. Is that also true? 

Thanks for clarifying.

Message 1 of 496
latest reply
495 REPLIES 495

Re: eBay not using PayPal anymore?

@mam98031 wrote:

Now one thing to keep in mind.  It is possible for smaller more local banks it can take longer to get your deposits processed. 

That isn't even necessarily going to be the case, too. I use a small local bank and my payouts are in my account by Wednesday afternoon.

Message 391 of 496
latest reply

@yuzuha wrote:

@mam98031 wrote:

Now one thing to keep in mind.  It is possible for smaller more local banks it can take longer to get your deposits processed. 

That isn't even necessarily going to be the case, too. I use a small local bank and my payouts are in my account by Wednesday afternoon.

Just to be clear, I didn't say this was guaranteed, I said it is possible.  I stand by what I said as it is true for some.  Certainly not all, but then I didn't say it would be.

mam98031  •  Volunteer Community Member  •  Buyer/Seller since 1999
Message 392 of 496
latest reply

No, no more PayPal thru Ebay and you can’t ship thru Ebay if someone wants to pay you via check or cash because they don’t make their money. AND, if someone has any issue or regrets on their purchase, even though you state clearly NO RETURNS, Ebay puts an immediate hold on your funds. This tends to stop any nice dialog between buyer and seller and now lowers your seller profile. Mine is in the toilet because I don’t take returns. I’m not Nordstrom. Thanks Ebay. I also can’t navigate this stupid new Seller Hub. I don’t care about my average daily sales, I want to see what is selling without having to click 6 times. AND, balancing my checking account now takes 10 times longer just to make sure I got paid for items I shipped. Just let all your extreme tech people go and think about Mom and Pop just trying to make a small living.  

Message 393 of 496
latest reply

@browsaround wrote:

No, no more PayPal thru Ebay and you can’t ship thru Ebay if someone wants to pay you via check or cash because they don’t make their money. AND, if someone has any issue or regrets on their purchase, even though you state clearly NO RETURNS, Ebay puts an immediate hold on your funds. This tends to stop any nice dialog between buyer and seller and now lowers your seller profile. Mine is in the toilet because I don’t take returns. I’m not Nordstrom. Thanks Ebay. I also can’t navigate this stupid new Seller Hub. I don’t care about my average daily sales, I want to see what is selling without having to click 6 times. AND, balancing my checking account now takes 10 times longer just to make sure I got paid for items I shipped. Just let all your extreme tech people go and think about Mom and Pop just trying to make a small living.  

Ebay hasn't allowed most seller to accept money orders or checks in years.  Long before MP came into being.

There have been some reports from some sellers that since April 1st they haven't had any holds on INRs or INADs filed in Ebay.  I personally have no experience with this since I have not had any claim filed in the last 45 days, so I have no personal experience with it.

Having No Returns on your listings doesn't actually mean that.  If a buyer files an INAD or an INR you will have to process it.  But if the buyer files a proper Buyer's Remorse claim, you can deny it.

The Seller Hub does take a bit of getting use to.  No doubt of that.  But once you do work with it for awhile and customize it so that it can work better for you, it will likely be much easier for you.

I have the top three boxes the ones I use 99.9% of the time.  I do not click six time to get to my Sales awaiting shipment.  It is a single click for me.  I have the Orders box as the second box in my top row.

AS for your bank account tied to MP.  There are detailed reports under the Payments tab that should smooth that process out for you.  As in anything that is new and different for you.  It will take time to adjust.

mam98031  •  Volunteer Community Member  •  Buyer/Seller since 1999
Message 394 of 496
latest reply

The reps are wrong a lot. They've given me the wrong answers many times. They might have been hired last week, or when you call, you get the lowest tech on the totem pole, the least experienced. It's always better to go to links from ebay or to the help page and type in your question, or come here, but check out the links some post here. Those are straight from the ebay horses mouth.

Message 395 of 496
latest reply

All the more reason to use an alternative site.

Message 396 of 496
latest reply

eBay will no longer let you use PayPal as a seller (.) Even if you try to enter your PP direct account info into eBay, it gives an error. This so tragic of eBay. Thank goodness there are other places like Facebook, Offer Up and Craigslist. So long eBay, it WAS fun.

Message 397 of 496
latest reply

This was not a well thought out idea on eBay's part. This is far worse then there great " Global Shipping Program " . I am not certain what the terms were on Paypal's part but the eBay and PayPal marriage is one that benefits everyone and for whomever it was that deemed it not, will regret it. The process was not broken, why did eBay believe it was necessary for them to fix and change it. And then sell it to everyone on ebay as a great and easier way to do business. Thats incorrect the only entity that this benefits is eBay. Companies don't do things on behalf of the people they do things that are on behalf of their own interest and their bottom line. I am considering other options to sell online sadly. And thats something I never thought about. eBay's success and popularity is in due part to us as sellers as well as buyers. We the people made this website/ company into what it is. I hope eBay acknowledges their mistake and can have a partnership with PayPal once again. 

Message 398 of 496
latest reply

I'm OK with paying for an eBay purchase with a credit card but they are not getting my bank account number.  If I were a more commercial seller than a yard sale seller I would set up a special account.  I don't see that happening.  Bummer because I have both bought and sold a lot of hard to get retro items.

Message 399 of 496
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

I guess I will use another selling platform... I dont want Ebay to have my bank account info- especially with all the hacks going on.  Sorry but I don't want to open Another!! bank account --

Message 400 of 496
latest reply

I sound like a rare one here, but I'm glad not to be paying and working with PayPal anymore... we all know they were not exactly problem-free. And glad not to pay PayPal fees anymore (so far the overall fees to Ebay seem to be lower than total  of both Ebay and PayPal). I didn't like that PayPal charged 0.30 cents on top of their 2.9% for each transaction. 

Message 401 of 496
latest reply

I sound like a rare one here, but I'm glad not to be paying and working with PayPal anymore... we all know they were not exactly problem-free. And glad not to pay PayPal fees anymore (so far the overall fees to Ebay seem to be lower than total  of both Ebay and PayPal). I didn't like that PayPal charged 0.30 cents on top of 2.9% for each transaction. I wouldn't say I LOVE Ebay, but after 10 years (11 in July!) they are still my first option for selling, and I do post to other sites occasionally, but never has as many sales as I do with Ebay. 

Message 402 of 496
latest reply

The true solution is to move on to the new seller platforms that deserve our money, ebid etc. 

ebay is a has-been. They forgot what made them money or who I should say "Sellers"

ebay will have to learn this lesson the hard way. And it will never, never, ever come back. This is what happens to everything when a comie liberal is in charge.

R.I.P. ebay today 5/20/2021 is the day ebay died and went to hell.

Message 403 of 496
latest reply

@catguy63 wrote:

I think they made a big mistake not having something in place to replace PayPal before eliminating it.

They did, Managed Payments.

Have a great day.
Message 404 of 496
latest reply

@needmoretravel wrote:

eBay will no longer let you use PayPal as a seller (.) Even if you try to enter your PP direct account info into eBay, it gives an error. This so tragic of eBay. Thank goodness there are other places like Facebook, Offer Up and Craigslist. So long eBay, it WAS fun.

Pay Pal is not a bank, that's why it can't be used for MP.

Have a great day.
Message 405 of 496
latest reply