cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

eBay hasn't sent a payout in SIX DAYS! This is my livelihood. Stop sitting on my money.

I have nearly $6000 in sales in the past 7 days. eBay last sent a payout 6 days ago of $802. All of these sales have been marked by eBay as paid for and ready to ship. My bank info is unchanged and correct. My payout setting has not changed from "daily". WHERE IS MY MONEY? This is my income and I have bills to pay.

Message 1 of 53
latest reply
52 REPLIES 52

Re: eBay hasn't sent a payout in SIX DAYS! This is my livelihood. Stop sitting on my money.

@dugoldstuff wrote:

just pay yourself out of the Tax Dollars you are holding for year end (or quarterly if that is how you pay).

I never read anything so ridiculous.

I don't think it is as off handed as you might have taken it.  I think all they meant was take the money from what you have set aside for something else that isn't due just yet for your current necessities.  And then when the money come in, put it back.  That may be something you have set aside for your yearly taxes, or property taxes, vacation fund, or whatever you might have that is set aside for something else.

Now for those that don't have anything set aside for something else, this is always a bit more problematic.  I've been there many times in my life and it is no fun at all.  

mam98031  •  Volunteer Community Member  •  Buyer/Seller since 1999
Message 46 of 53
latest reply

Re: eBay hasn't sent a payout in SIX DAYS! This is my livelihood. Stop sitting on my money.

@dugoldstuff wrote:

It is usually because your total hit a "threshold" to evoke the hold, up to 21 days.

So eBay is just like the Democrats in government, punishing the people who work the hardest. The more you make, the less you keep, and if you make a lot, you are bad and have to be monitored.

Oh Good GRIEF!  This has NOTHING to do with Democrats or Republicans or politics for that matter.  And everything to do with a step to help insure the safety of the site.  It is implemented on sellers that normally don't sell these high cost items not those that regularly do.  This does NOT apply to this seller as they regularly sell at these rates.

Message 47 of 53
latest reply

It is implemented on sellers that normally don't sell these high cost items not those that regularly do.

I got a book worth $1000 today. Thank God I have a better place to sell it than here.

Message 48 of 53
latest reply

@dugoldstuff wrote:

It is implemented on sellers that normally don't sell these high cost items not those that regularly do.

I got a book worth $1000 today. Thank God I have a better place to sell it than here.

That is great news for you.  Good luck in selling it, wherever you decide to post it.

Message 49 of 53
latest reply

@dugoldstuff wrote:

just pay yourself out of the Tax Dollars you are holding for year end (or quarterly if that is how you pay).

@dugoldstuff   I agree 110%, that has got to be one of THE most ridiculous comments a CS rep could make  ... put the whole "hold" issue aside, CS reps are not tasked with giving out financial advice, budget advice, etc., they should have just kept their mouth shut or politely advised the Seller that they are not permitted to give any advice in that area ... which they probably aren't ... they stepped WAY over the line on that one for sure.

Regards,
Mr. Lincoln - Community Mentor
Message 50 of 53
latest reply

@dugoldstuff   I agree 110%, that has got to be one of THE most ridiculous comments a CS rep could make  ... put the whole "hold" issue aside, CS reps are not tasked with giving out financial advice, budget advice, etc., they should have just kept their mouth shut or politely advised the Seller that they are not permitted to give any advice in that area ... which they probably aren't ... they stepped WAY over the line on that one for sure.

I said it before and I'll say it again:

eBay policies like this and eBay "advice" like this means that ultimately, one day, eBay will have to be regulated. It just can't go on like this.

Message 51 of 53
latest reply

Just had this begin happening.  I have $1600 waiting from multiple sales going back to April 14th.  No payout has been sent since then.  Starting to get annoyed, I'm a 14 year seller and been on managed payments since Jan 2021.  No reason to not pay me out and I need those funds.

Message 52 of 53
latest reply

Hi everyone,

Due to the age of this thread, it has been closed to further replies. Please feel free to start a new thread if you wish to continue to discuss this topic.

Thank you for understanding.

Message 53 of 53
latest reply