cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

eBay Has Finally Broken Me

I don’t have the time to provide all the details but there was some disputed transactions going back to the first week in July. I received an email and notification that they were to be recovering Some fees from future payouts.

Tuesday after a few hours I was able to talk e to a Member of Leadership. We were able to decipher what had happened. Today I was charged back three more times for around $150. I contacted eBay and expressed my frustration about suddenly being charged months later. The lady I spoke to showed empathy and agreed that I was blind sided because I received when I received the notification the money was already charged resulting in $88 in fees and no chance to inform my bank and possibly prevent this.

okay all you eBay experts yes I did get a email about this in previous 3 months but do you read every email. Well I am sorry for you to read countless correspondence of dribble.

All off these suprises compounded by the Fedex suddenly making decisions regarding my packages and not delivering some costing me 100’s of dollars.

So.here’s the punch in the gut.

I sold something yesterday for $85. Today I went to buy a $40 label. My account is ZERO

I have been selling on eBay for 23 years with 100% feedback and now I am not able to ship. eBay always allow us to buy a label and collect later for the good of the customer.

Greed and the way this was handled has broken me. 

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

Re: eBay Has Finally Broken Me

Let me add to this.

when I was notified that the charge would come from future payouts rather than just slamming my account. eBay cares. NOT no waiting to collect these 3 month out charges and no regard for my well being and 23 years of being a good person 

eBay moderator fix this please. 
It is past Sorry.

Message 2 of 6
latest reply

Sorry for your position. Without more information like what happened 3 months ago i really cannot side one way or the other. I do wish you future success. All the best.

Message 3 of 6
latest reply

Sorry if I am confused, you couldnt deduct that shipping fee from your pending funds for the sale? As far as trying to tell your bank to prevent that $88 fee withdrawal, you do understand that Ebay would have turned you over to collections?

``````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````

“Never pick a fight with an ugly person. They don’t have anything to lose.” ~Robin Williams
Message 4 of 6
latest reply

It does happen. eBay might skip a month and maybe two for their payments. I have been there.

I always keep money in the bank of sales from eBay in case of something like this. I assume the $88. is for overdraft fees. I don't usually get an email of any sort. Not unusually for money to be deducted if it wasn't charged. It just happens.

Message 5 of 6
latest reply

Still confused, manage payments deduts all fees immediately once buyer pays for an item. That includes, seller fee/ad fee/Your state Sales Tax  and then the Remainder is placed in Your “ebay seller wallet” in Available Funds. So I can’t see a scenario where they would withdraw $ from your checking  account months later, Unless there is a returned item or a Payment Dispute opened by the buyer. I Believe what you are upset about took place however there has to be another catalyst that is not disclosed in Your OP. Otherwise I’m completely lost with no clue what’s being described.

Message 6 of 6
latest reply