cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

eBay Blocked Me From Listing Until I Accept Managed Payments - Not Sure I Still Want To Be On ebay

More and more, being on eBay is like being a slave in a Communist Chinese Concentrate Camp where nothing I list really belongs to me.

I guess , I will have to try it, but if I cannot choose how I ship or how I get paid, there are other places to list where I actually have control of my items.

Sure, sales Are not often, but my time has value and them do not dump endless extra make work on me.

Recently, I see I MUST add the size of the package to my postage on eBay, more time wasted from something PayPal doesn't demand and their costs are the same as eBay.

I use them for shipping when I sell on other sites, SO EASY.

Message 1 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

Re: eBay Blocked Me From Listing Until I Accept Managed Payments - Not Sure I Still Want To Be On eb

I have been on ebay nearly 20 years and no way will they make me sign up for mangled payments. I have been restricted now since mid july and holding my ground !! I am not an ebay employee and I will not let them make me one !! Not unless they offer heath and retirement benefits !!! then maybe I will sign up !!!!

Message 2 of 8
latest reply

Re: eBay Blocked Me From Listing Until I Accept Managed Payments - Not Sure I Still Want To Be On eb

"Recently, I see I MUST add the size of the package to my postage on eBay, more time wasted from something PayPal doesn't demand and their costs are the same as eBay."

If you are not shipping in a flat rate Priority Package, you were always required to enter the weight, length, width and height for calculated shipping.  That has not changed.  To print postage on a flat rate of your choosing, you would still need to do the same for you to print the appropriate postage with the appropriate rate given you.

I'm not sure what the problem may be in regards to this.

My hope is that you read and work out the ups and downs that may be presented to you.

I wish you success in whatever you choose for yourself.

Grandma

Message 3 of 8
latest reply

I don't print my labels from Paypal a anymore, I take them directly to the post office for mailing. 

Message 4 of 8
latest reply

MP has been smooth for me after sign up process. Has to adjust to new way of paying for shipping.

I am no slave, I have a choice to sell or not to sell here. Slavery a much darker, helpless and brutal experience in my eyes.

I assure you, I own my goods, I set the price. If my items cannot compete or be productive selling here I will sell them elsewhere. 

I have the same cost of shipping to all buyers. No choice. I do not need to provide measurements weight etc. What I lose by doing this is I don not ship internationally and I am sure some buyers would like more options from me. I am willing to accept this.

Good luck.

Message 5 of 8
latest reply

@mcfan2015 wrote:

I don't print my labels from Paypal a anymore, I take them directly to the post office for mailing. 

--

You know you will probably pay MORE at the post office counter if you don't print your shipping labels online.

One of your listings charges $5.00 for shipping priority for 8 CDs in their plastic cases.  I am sure it will cost more than $5.00 to ship them in a cardboard box (even if you were to use online shipping).

disneyshopper
Volunteer Community Member

Message 6 of 8
latest reply

I have used calculated and fixed price shipping with the ebay shipping label process.

The default in size is 1 x 1 x 1.  If you do not correct this, nothing happens really--you can still print a label for either first class or priority. 

The only problem you will have is if the package is outside the normal dimensions when the priority rate will change drastically.  Putting in the correct dimensions will show you the right charge, otherwise it might get flagged at the post office or en route.

I hate extra "clicks" so I usually use the default dimensions unless the package is oversized.

Just my experience.

I do hate the new packing slips...no price, no shipping charges show and that is a drag.

Message 7 of 8
latest reply

For other sites I list on, I use PAYPAL shipping.  It's the same cost as eBay.

Message 8 of 8
latest reply