cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Your payouts are blocked while we review your account. This is a routine process to keep your accoun

"Your payouts are blocked while we review your account. This is a routine process to keep your account safe and takes up to 6 business days to complete. We’ll email you if we need more info."

This popped up in my financial summary when I requested a payment be sent to my bank.

I called ebay, no explanation other than "we are reviewing you payment account and it is routine for all ebay sellers."

I have been selling on ebay for 24 years. 

I am 65 years old, I need the money that I earned to pay my bills.

I don't understand why ebay believes this to be a fair business practice?

Message 1 of 9
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Your payouts are blocked while we review your account. This is a routine process to keep your accoun

It is 'routine'....

Not that it will happen to you, too, but in my instance...I got this notice overnight sometime, saw it in the morning. By dinnertime the hold was lifted....

if there are no irregularities, the hold should be brief

don't panic

View Best Answer in original post

Message 5 of 9
latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

eBay probably doesn't think it's fair because it causes them more work, however the INFORM Consumers Act  wants to deter criminals from acquiring stolen, counterfeit or unsafe items and selling them on online marketplaces so eBay has to periodically verify it's still you that's using the account and nothingvraises red flags, or something like that.

Message 2 of 9
latest reply

Anyone making more than $2000. on one or many sales within a year will be reviewed now due to the new law last month. I am expecting to get hit one of these days also.

Message 3 of 9
latest reply

@herway  Its not personal. Just business. 

New laws and requirements makes eBay review accounts.

"Fair" isnt the point. You are not being singled out.

klhmdg  •  Volunteer Community Mentor
Message 4 of 9
latest reply

It is 'routine'....

Not that it will happen to you, too, but in my instance...I got this notice overnight sometime, saw it in the morning. By dinnertime the hold was lifted....

if there are no irregularities, the hold should be brief

don't panic

Message 5 of 9
latest reply

Thank you for your kind response.

I have my fingers crossed that the hold will be brief.

Message 6 of 9
latest reply

Just had one last week.  Took about 18 hours to fall off.  Bad timing on payout days, but they usually clear up quick as mentioned above.

Message 7 of 9
latest reply

UPDATE: The payment block was removed after 24 hours. 

Message 8 of 9
latest reply

I have encountered the same problem twice now!

Like you, I called eBay, no explanation other than "we are reviewing you payment account and it is routine for all eBay sellers." This certainly never used to be the case! I have been selling on eBay for 18 years, have 100% Positive Feedback, and my Seller Level is Above Standard. Yet, I have had my payouts blocked twice now within the past few months by eBay for a review. It doesn't make sense to me. Surely, they can review an account without blocking a payout, (which isn't even a large amount of money)! As there have been no issues of concern with my account, it shouldn't take much time for a review to show that, and I can't see any reason to withhold my funds.  

I am 66 years old, on a small pension, and have health issues. I need the money that I have earned to post orders out, buy food, and pay my bills. The delay to my payout means that I can't post my orders on time, so I'm likely to have repercussions from this as well.

I too don't understand why eBay believes this to be a fair business practice!

Message 9 of 9
latest reply