cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The Effects on the Seller for Managed Payments.

I may be wrong on what I assume.  If so, feel free to correct me.

For the record most of my sales are in the  "coins and currency" category.

We lose whatever cash rebates the credit card used for payments has as policy (mine is 1%)

We lose at least 20 days of "float" between the charges and when our credit card payments are due.

We pay a fee on sales tax?  Why?  We have no control over that and we derive no income from that.

This one I am confused on:

If you offer free shipping and your shipping method is "First Class Mail Package" (like most of mine are) is Ebay going to add $3.00 (my average charge) for fee purposes?  How about $0.99 shipping? Is Ebay basing the fees on $0.99 or $3.00?  Really confused on this.

As far as buying shipping labels through Paypal I believe Paypal charges your credit card on file with the fees if you do not have a balance.

Paypal funds transfers to your bank (in my case) never took longer that two business days.  My understanding is it will be longer with managed payments.

Since I usually have multiple auctions ending on the same day - using 15 different orders as an example - as each is paid is a deposit sequence started? Will I see 15 different deposits to my bank account?  I see there is an option for once weekly but I am not going to give Ebay the funds for a weeks worth of sales that I get no interest on.

Perhaps this being a major change is making me more uncomfortable than the actual result but I sure feel like I am being targeted as a seller.

As a buyer being able to use more options for payment.........I have NEVER had anyone message me with "I do not use Paypal so I cannot bid on your item".

I am fortunate that I rarely have over 100 sales a month.  I could not image the effect on sellers with thousands a month.

Message 1 of 47
latest reply
46 REPLIES 46

Re: The Effects on the Seller for Managed Payments.

In the new way ebay looks like do not trust us. Even we sell in ebay 20 years ebay now keep our money from our sales. We do not pay every month our fees. But we have to culculate every day many factors. Now we have to calculate the extra convertion rates every day that ebay add on every transaction for us. 20 humanhours more job per month and less money as we receive later our money and not in the currency we sell.  We do not have access at our transactions. We can not make a partial refund. But..... They do not trust that we will pay our monthly fees that we pay all that years that we was paying with Paypal.

Message 46 of 47
latest reply

Re: The Effects on the Seller for Managed Payments.

EBay has been collecting their fee on shipping for 10 years now.

"Those who enter the arena unarmed or unprepared are quickly dispatched."
Message 47 of 47
latest reply