cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sellers Periodic Performance Review causing problems

I am on my 10th day of this performance review and a buyer is waiting for their item which I cannot ship before I get paid and doesn’t seem that ebay cares. How long does this last? It’s costing me money and time while ebay is holding $2800! It was the sale of a large item that triggered it. But taking down more than 100 listings seems extreme! Why leave a buyer wait 10 days for item to be shipped! The buyer can even open a case of not delivered item! They contact ebay who tells them ebay will ask me to ship and when they get the item I get paid! I have contacted ebay by phone and chat without result. All they wanted from me was proof that my sold items were delivered. This information is easily verifiable in the sold items. I have sent it and haven’t heard anything. It seems more of a lame excuse to me to keep my account suspended when they keep my payout! 
How long did this absurd process last for people? Ebay spokespeople pretending to be ebayers like @mam98031 need NOT reply. Genuine sellers that went through this only! Thanks.

Message 1 of 62
latest reply
61 REPLIES 61

Re: Sellers Periodic Performance Review causing problems

i have received messages after contacting customer service from people who said they are a seller but also ebay employee with “advice” that of course protects ebay interest and puts the financial burden on seller. So yes there are ebayers who work for for ebay. 

Message 31 of 62
latest reply

Wait till you get asked for receipts of items you sold as a condition of performance review. Even for personal stuff from long time ago and who saves receipts for used items! 

Message 32 of 62
latest reply

@sports_yugioh_and_pokemon_cards wrote:

That’s crazy, how can these be truly just “periodic” when someone gets 2 in 2 weeks? It seems like they are targeting people but I don’t get it. My account status says above standard in fact it says I will be evaluated as a top rated seller on March 20th and yet they are reviewing my account

Slightly different.  The first review was ended within a couple days which isn't normal, they do take longer, so it is likely Ebay never actually completed the review.  Hopefully this one will be short, sweet and done in a couple of business days too.

mam98031  •  Volunteer Community Member  •  Buyer/Seller since 1999
Message 33 of 62
latest reply

"Another paid pseudo ebayer. If someone is all day replying here do you think they a seller, a buyer, or an ebay employee?"

You are jumping to conclusions. So far, not a single Ebay employee has posted to this thread. You  accuse people of not knowing how Ebay works, yet you do not know how these boards work. If any Ebay employee posts to the boards, their ID is highlighted and states they are an employee.

Many regular posters are full time sellers (no outside jobs) who choose to spend their free time HELPING other sellers and buyers like yourself.

BTW, I know albertabrightalberta personally and I can assure you she is a seller and one of the most helpful people on these boards.

Instead of giving posters attitude, maybe you could show some gratitude for all the very good help you have gotten here...even if you don't realize they are correct.

Message 34 of 62
latest reply

@eb24662 wrote:

Well the ebay rep didn’t explain it this way when I contacted them and obviously they know more than you how ebay works. I have been with ebay since 2004 and yeah I do know how it works. If I didn’t have access to the money how was I to use part of it for purchasing shipping. You are contradicting yourself. 

That is an assumption that is absolutely not true.  If you were to spend more time on the threads you would see countless posts my members that have contacted the call center for help and were given incorrect information.  So what you are assuming is not necessarily true.

Easy, Ebay allows you as I previously described to ship your items using your MP funds or PP acct.  Seller choice.

MP Funding a Label.JPG

https://www.ebay.com/help/selling/posting-items/labels-packaging-tips/buying-printing-postage-labels...

Message 35 of 62
latest reply

@eb24662 wrote:

And I didn’t get the usual message buyer paid ship item! I cannot trust ebay with my money. Can you?

That message gets sent at the moment the buyer pays.  And you can see it in your Seller Hub under Orders Paid and available to ship.

Message 36 of 62
latest reply

@eb24662 wrote:

i have received messages after contacting customer service from people who said they are a seller but also ebay employee with “advice” that of course protects ebay interest and puts the financial burden on seller. So yes there are ebayers who work for for ebay. 

No one said that there wasn't sellers that didn't work for Ebay.  What you were told was that if an Ebay employee posts to the threads, the post is well identified as being from an Ebay employee.  The entire post is outlined in blue and the Ebay logo is prominent on the posting upper left corner.  

You seem to think that anyone that see things differently than you do is an Ebay employee.  Which of course is silly.  But if you are only willing to accept advice and opinions that are exactly like yours, why in the world did you come here.  

Message 37 of 62
latest reply

Hi everyone,

This thread is getting a bit heated. Please remember that, while it is fine to disagree with others, discussion should always remain courteous and respectful.

Thank you for your cooperation.

Message 38 of 62
latest reply

@eb24662 wrote:

Wait till you get asked for receipts of items you sold as a condition of performance review. Even for personal stuff from long time ago and who saves receipts for used items! 

IRS will ask too.  But they are a bit reasonable about the old stuff.  So where you can, yes get invoices, receipts or some sort of proof where you bought it.  Cancelled check, credit card stmt or whatever.  But you will of course find that some you simply won't be able to come up with.  You can only do the best you can do on this subject.

Ebay's goal is to be able to authenticate that the brand name stuff you are selling is what you say it is.  This is a big thing on Ebay's radar right now as they get in all kinds of trouble for fake stuff being sold on the site.

Message 39 of 62
latest reply

Nice that you are continuing trying to help him, even with all his disrespect to you and Alberta. Dont think he really wants or listens to any advice, just wants to keep repeating the tired old 'Ebay employee' nonsense.

``````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````

“Never pick a fight with an ugly person. They don’t have anything to lose.” ~Robin Williams
Message 40 of 62
latest reply

Ive had an online chat and 2 phone calls and all of them say the same thing, its a glitch in the system they are working on, idk what to believe

Message 41 of 62
latest reply

@eb24662 wrote:

Another paid pseudo ebayer. If someone is all day replying here do you think they a seller, a buyer, or an ebay employee? 

Ha ha, so funny.

If it wasn't for the fact that ''someone is all day replying here'' there would be no point in you asking a question on the forums now would there?

I have been imported from Australia and this is my posting ID
Message 42 of 62
latest reply

Im in the same boat with 2k tied up and I have orders for 3k to be shipped and I am seriously considering cancelling all orders and I am a top rated seller they hit me with 2 performance reviews within 3 weeks

Message 43 of 62
latest reply

@ron2441 

It is your right to make that decision, but is it really in your best interest to do that or is it your anger talking?  Don't cost yourself money just because you are mad at Ebay.  Contact the Payment team and find out why this is happening and then address the issue that is causing it to prevent it from happening again.

For the Payment Team
https://www.ebay.com/help/selling/getting-paid/getting-paid-items-youve-sold/payments-hold?id=4816&&...

Message 44 of 62
latest reply

I have attempted that route and I am having no success with any of them. I do not depend on ebay as my life blood and as a top rated seller when they cant answer the simple why then perhaps I have got in business with the wrong group. I am not upset or angry just confused more than anything honestly. This from what I am reading is becoming an issue with multiple sellers. The issue is perhaps one of cash flow on their side and again it hurts all parties except the one causing the problem which is them. Honestly I believe it will cost me more by continuing to allow them to do this to me personally when I have no recourse against the person who is holding all the power and money. I will think on it this weekend but am really leaning with going else where for future business.

Message 45 of 62
latest reply