cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Seller and EBAY are scamming me out of my $1150 spent on an item that was proven to be fake….

James Spence Authentication has in letter form  stated the item I bought is fake…neither the seller or EBAY will respond to my numerous calls and letters sent to each….I need help!! This situation needs to be corrected immediately!!

Message 1 of 21
latest reply
20 REPLIES 20

Seller and EBAY are scamming me out of my $1150 spent on an item that was proven to be fake….

Go to your purchase history and click return item and select, the item doesn't match the description as the reason.
The seller will have 3 days to accept the return and pay return shipping or refund without returning.
If they don't, return to the case on day 4 and ask Ebay to step in.

Have a great day
Message 2 of 21
latest reply

The advice given by @kensgiftshop is spot on......

follow that procedure exactly.....stop all the other superfluous communication with seller or ebay...just use the MBG return system

Message 3 of 21
latest reply

If it's  been more than 30 days since it was delivered you won't  be able to have eBay step  in and help.

If that's  the case you'll have to file a chargeback with your credit card, or file a dispute on PayPal if you paid that way.

Message 4 of 21
latest reply

They can't  do as you suggested. It was months ago when they purchased the item. 

Message 5 of 21
latest reply

Their MBG has expired.

Message 6 of 21
latest reply

@fab_finds4u wrote:

They can't  do as you suggested. It was months ago when they purchased the item. 

They didn't mention that.

Have a great day
Message 7 of 21
latest reply

Seems like they hardly ever do.

Message 8 of 21
latest reply

@teach1102 

I have to agree with @fab_finds4u. If you've run out of time (while you were authenticating?) for eBay's Money Back Guarantee, go to PayPal (if you used them) and finally to your CC. Cite Inauthenticity. Good luck.

Message 9 of 21
latest reply

thanks for the response but no one including PayPal  or the credit card will make this situation right!! I am very depressed!! David 

Message 10 of 21
latest reply

Have you actually tried to open a case with Paypal?

Or have you actually tried a chargeback on your credit card?

How long ago was this purchase made? 

Message 11 of 21
latest reply

If you are confident in your case, sounds like your only avenue remaining is small claims court.

Message 12 of 21
latest reply

It usually takes an Authenticity Company like James Spence or PSA/DNA  more than 60 days to authenticate items thus putting a buyer in jeopardy of losing their payment because of these deadlines imposed by EBAY….Why only 60 days if EBAY knows this??? The answer is simple…..they don’t have collect the illegally obtained money from the seller and also don’t have to reimburse the buyer (me) for buying a fake item.  Totally unscrupulous and illegal in my opinion.!! David 

Message 13 of 21
latest reply

The MBG is thirty days, not sixty.

``````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````

“Never pick a fight with an ugly person. They don’t have anything to lose.” ~Robin Williams
Message 14 of 21
latest reply

@teach1102 wrote:

thanks for the response but no one including PayPal  or the credit card will make this situation right!! I am very depressed!! David 

@teach1102 

But PayPal and CCs offer extended protection. Even if you're 60 days waiting for an authenticity, don't give up. PayPal offers 180 days and your CC should offer the same. 

Message 15 of 21
latest reply