cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Scammers Beware Managed Payments

Just to let you all know, I had a customer buy an item, open a return case as they claimed it was broken when they received it. Ok normal so far. I just went ahead and refunded to move on, well they got their money from me, then the next day opened a case with their credit card as a fraud purchase and ebay held my money again, yea! Talk about double dipping. Called the bay twice and have to wait for the customers bank to talk it out with ebay, whatever. Oh what fun it is to ride.... Get ready for the Holiday scammers!

Now go sell something.

Message 1 of 28
latest reply
27 REPLIES 27

Re: Scammers Beware Managed Payments

All that is necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing.

Noe you have a MAJOR hassle and they have your money in a bank in Amsterdam  making interest for them. - You know how they are getting away with this. - Because the sellers are letting them.

Message 16 of 28
latest reply

Not as big as the one eBay has by holding money a week or more on every one of the 2 billion transactions per day.  Dishonest sellers are rank amateurs compared to GreedBay.

Message 17 of 28
latest reply

It the interest they are collection off you in Amsterdam.

Message 18 of 28
latest reply

Ebay is the scammer and is committing wire fraud.

Ebay claims my bank has rejected payments, my bank has no records of ebay attempting to pay, this constitutes wire fraud.

Ebay has accepted sales with the full knowledge I would not be paid with their new managed payments system, that constitutes wire fraud

Ebay has charged me commissions on sales they have already falsely claim my bank has rejected payments on, that is another case of wire fraud.

Any agreement between myself and ebay is superseded by the clear laws defining wire fraud, IE I can not form a company that has a contract stating murder is part of our business so that makes murder legal.

If Ebay did their homework I would be more understanding, but the failed coup to grab more money from sellers was a disaster from day one.

Monday will contact bank and then have the FBI investigate these transactions that never happened, let them sort this corrupt idiotic Ebay failure out, I have a business to run. 

Message 19 of 28
latest reply

agree!

Message 20 of 28
latest reply

Interesting that ebay get their money IMMEDIATELY when buyer pays while ebay sellers twist in the wind for a full week until funds are available for us to use,,,I would call that "one sided"    wouldnt you!!!????

Message 21 of 28
latest reply

Did you know that if you investigate your buyers shipping address and it is fraudulent (which by the way ebay leaves up to you,,,they do not confirm legal us addresses) and you cancel the sale,,,they buyer gets their money back immediatley but as usual ebay sellers are left twisting in the wind for their final value fees for 10 days,,,,,make sure you check on these and call ebay because you have to tell THEM!!! to make sure you get your final value fees back,,,ebay is horrible!!!,,,Do your due diligence or they will scam you!!

Message 22 of 28
latest reply

@elanowsky wrote:

Interesting that ebay get their money IMMEDIATELY when buyer pays while ebay sellers twist in the wind for a full week until funds are available for us to use,,,I would call that "one sided"    wouldnt you!!!????

Interesting that for 12 years @elanowsky got your money IMMEDIATELY when buyer pays while eBay twisted in the wind for a full 30 days, long after

- the buyer got the item

- and left feedback and bought again

- and you ALREADY spent the money, all of it,

before your monthly invoice arrived to pay your FVF on those sales. You would call that "one sided" wouldnt [sic] you!!!????

Message 23 of 28
latest reply

I agree .   Ebay and PayPal were a very good team .    Any company that has their appeals dept within their own company and the appeals staff paid by their own company and also payment processing within their own company , I believe ebay has something worked out with Ayden or something like that But the ebays managed payments team is within ebay and paid by ebay ? spells NO GOOD and opens up a huge risk to sellers . It’s time to sell off and get away from online selling unless it’s in my control using PayPal . All that appeals and payment processing all under one roof …   It’s almost like doing your own audits .   Lol 😂 

Message 24 of 28
latest reply

Yeah, it’s a real problem this new managed payments …..  they aren’t good enough yet, their reps half the time don’t even know the policies , and the thing  is, their comments and business practices are not good enough nor come close to any kind of professional money processors and banks that work with ppls money.  The excuses of glitches and using the excuse their rep just didn’t know any better and for a problem to go on for weeks regarding someone’s finances ?  Uhmmmmm , It is unheard of any company that deals with your money refuse to take responsibility for damages they do to others for such silly excuses, glitches and our rep didn’t knkw any better .  Can you imagine if your banks started using those excuses ?  No one would bank there .   Lol 😂 😂  .  They just don’t have the ethical and commons sense mentality to handle ppls money .  The excuses used just aren’t anything  that ANY bank or any kind of professional money processing company would say or do .  Also, if ebay is so afraid of being sued and is confident of their service and products, the policies  wouldn’t be needed .  And the kind of policies ebay is writing , it says to me , they can’t be trusted if they have to right the kind of policies that they do.   The policies  SCREAM  ,”  you can’t trust us “so we have to write  policies you can’t sue us when we Fraud you .  Uhmmm yeah, right .     They have been sued before over more than one of their policies and lost forcing ebay to change that policy .

Message 25 of 28
latest reply

They cannot even maintain functionality of the actual platform - how in the world do you expect them to get anything more complicated than a "hello world" page gobbled together. They showed over years how pathetic their management and development team is. 

I personally am done with the stuff they come up with.

Message 26 of 28
latest reply

@thomas_cinci wrote:

They cannot even maintain functionality of the actual platform - how in the world do you expect them to get anything more complicated than a "hello world" page gobbled together. They showed over years how pathetic their management and development team is. 

I personally am done with the stuff they come up with.

OK

mam98031  •  Volunteer Community Member  •  Buyer/Seller since 1999
Message 27 of 28
latest reply

Wow.. just... wow.... There is a lot of conspiracy theory going on in this thread.

Just to make a quick clarification though... eBay isn't initiating the hold on your funds.  If there is a credit card dispute, the credit card is holding money from eBay and so eBay puts the breaks on everything until the credit card company finishes their investigation (They don't have the money anymore so they are going to make darn sure that they aren't the one with no chair when the music stops).   Credit card companies are glacial sometimes though in this area and it can take a few weeks or a few months for them to make a decision.  The worse experience I ever saw was a 4 month investigation period.

If you win.. yaaaay!.. The credit card releases funds back to eBay and eBay releases it back to you.  If you want eBay to actively dispute it, they will, but they will be charged if they lose.  Industry standard for that fee is around $50 more or less.  eBay will charge $20 to the seller if the case loses.  I guess they have worked out a bulk discount.

While a dispute is going on, no one is winning.  The credit card has it locked down tight.  eBay hhaaaaaaates credit card disputes, because any business that has too many open on them will get into trouble and lose their ability to process.

Message 28 of 28
latest reply