cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Scammers Beware Managed Payments

Just to let you all know, I had a customer buy an item, open a return case as they claimed it was broken when they received it. Ok normal so far. I just went ahead and refunded to move on, well they got their money from me, then the next day opened a case with their credit card as a fraud purchase and ebay held my money again, yea! Talk about double dipping. Called the bay twice and have to wait for the customers bank to talk it out with ebay, whatever. Oh what fun it is to ride.... Get ready for the Holiday scammers!

Now go sell something.

Message 1 of 28
latest reply
27 REPLIES 27

Re: Scammers Beware Managed Payments

That is my issue of MP!

eBay & PayPal were a good match. Had things under control! 

Now its a wide open mess for fraud! 

Message 2 of 28
latest reply

I am sure it will eventually be fixed but this was already 1 1/2 weeks ago. It can be clearly be seen I have refunded the customer the same day. Just release my money already. 

Message 3 of 28
latest reply

How about a rep at ebay make an executive decision and release the hold. 

Message 4 of 28
latest reply

One would think MP would be able to tell that the money had been previously refunded.  If they can't, that to me is a serious accounting issue for the program.  This shouldn't happen.

It is highly unlikely the CCC will rule for their buyer because they actually will be able to see that they were refunded once the refund posts.

However take no chances here.  Make sure you not everything into the claim.  Don't depend on anyone but yourself to have all the info.

@Anonymous 

This shouldn't happen Charles.  There is an accounting loophole here that needs to get reported and escalated for a resolution.

mam98031  •  Volunteer Community Member  •  Buyer/Seller since 1999
Message 5 of 28
latest reply

next day opened a case with their credit card as a fraud purchase and ebay held my money again,

What was the exact reason given for the second "payment dispute"?  

How about a rep at ebay make an executive decision and release the hold. 

That would be logical, but on eBay that sort of thinking does not seem to apply.  It would require humans with the appropriate means to intervene with the bots.  The more I think about it, perhaps all this "holding" of funds and delayed release of same  is a profitable enterprise for the managed marketplace venue. 

Message 6 of 28
latest reply

They claimed an unauthorized purchase after they opened a return, after they sent me pics of the supposedly broken item they received and after I refunded them their money.  To save any hassle with the newb, I gave them their money back. Save any hassle, ha ha that's a good one. Guess what, I am still waiting for my money to be released by MP. You all can see this is FRAUD and a total scam. Come On Man.

Message 7 of 28
latest reply

So it was on 10/27  is the date my customer opened a return case and a credit card case with her bank.

Just to update, I gave her money back and the very next day she opened a credit card case and ebay stepped in and took the money again (twice). I call ebay and get, we will get back with you and then........... crickets.......

This is a really interesting scam operation this customer has going.

Message 8 of 28
latest reply

Ok called ebay again and this time they said we would need to contact paypal as they (ebay) cannot help.

So I called paypal and they said they cannot access any of the information as this transaction was through ebay managed payments. Hmmm if she can actually get away with this, we all should be very concerned as sellers!

Thank goodness this was only a 44.00 dollar item. What happens when someone sells a 200 or 800 or more item.

I know many have said  "don't sell expensive items on ebay"  but aren't we here to sell? If we just sell cheap items

doesn't that just bring ebay down to an online Thrift Store?

Message 9 of 28
latest reply

You are not the only one this has happen to.

Some are variations such as refunded through PP and then was forced to through eBay..

Crazy times and no communication between the different companies it seems.

Keep all documentation of this:

It should be the original refund went back to the payment method:

and this should not even have been able to be filled:

Yet the time it takes to show up on the original payment method allows this to be done.

I do know you should Join the MP board and state all of this there:

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Managed-Payments/gp-p/MP 

So far as I can tell there is no one person at eBay that has a clue to what can be said or not said about MP.

Message 10 of 28
latest reply

Thanks, I will join!

Message 11 of 28
latest reply

Another update.

Now told it could take 3 or more months.

Whaaaaat1?

Message 12 of 28
latest reply

Why would they hold your funds for an unauthorized purchase anyways?

Doesn't seller protection cover chargebacks?

Message 13 of 28
latest reply

It's easy. - DO NOT SHIP until the money is in your bank account then then transfer the money to another account before even THINKING about a refund,,,,in other words do not ship until you get paid. - Having the money in hand gives you a MUCH better position to neonate with Greedbay.  If everybody would stop shipping before they get paid eBay would back off using peoples money interest free in the Bank in Amsterdam ,,,, OK, We lost out "Top Seller" status by not shipping until we get our money,  but we haven't lost a nickle to scammers.

While GreedBay holding and using our money overseas takes "Never use your money to make money-use somebody else's money" to a new level it still dose not pay the electric bill at the shop or buy materials to make the products we sell.

If I wanted to have my money playing the European stock market I'd put it there myself.

Message 14 of 28
latest reply

With 2 billion transactions a DAY making money for GreedBay in Amsterdam do you really think them dragging their feet getting money to the proper persons is an accounting error? ,,,, eBay is quite expert at selling swampland in Florida to gullible sellers.

Message 15 of 28
latest reply