cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Regarding plant selling

I wanna sell indoor plants to USA from sri lanka.what is the best cuier service ? This is my first time and what is the best packaging method? Thank you!

Message 1 of 13
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Re: Regarding plant selling

@aroid-heaven 

Plants and seeds are prohibited to sell from Sri Lanka to the US. It also violates customs.  They will confiscate them.   Read this link:

https://www.ebay.com/help/policies/prohibited-restricted-items/plants-seeds-policy?id=4287

Don't attempt to list them either.  You could jeopardize your account permanently. 

View Best Answer in original post

Message 5 of 13
latest reply
12 REPLIES 12

No, you cannot sell them.

That link above doesn't  matter unless you're in the U.S.

eBay's Plant and Seed Policy says plants and seeds located outside the U.S. are not allowed due to U.S. import restrictions.

So sorry you won't be allowed to sell them except to Sri Lanka. 

http://www.ebay.com/help/policies/prohibited-restricted-items/plants-seeds-policy?id=4287

Message 3 of 13
latest reply

You will have to research what your country offers  for shipping services.

You can not sell plants or seeds to the USA.

For some......It seems wisdom has been chasing you, but you have always been faster.
Message 4 of 13
latest reply

@aroid-heaven 

Plants and seeds are prohibited to sell from Sri Lanka to the US. It also violates customs.  They will confiscate them.   Read this link:

https://www.ebay.com/help/policies/prohibited-restricted-items/plants-seeds-policy?id=4287

Don't attempt to list them either.  You could jeopardize your account permanently. 

Message 5 of 13
latest reply

Could ypu please let me inform cant i sell monstera aurea verigated .

Message 6 of 13
latest reply

If i have phytosanitary certificate .will i be able to do it.beacause ihave alreday registerd my buisness and i have vat certificates ,phyto too.thank you.

Message 7 of 13
latest reply

I am not ckimodog. I was message 3, but they are not allowed due to our laws in the US. Your certificates allow you to sell them within your country only.  If you allow someone to purchase them outside of your country you may get suspended. The plant will be confiscated and destroyed.

Did you read the plant and seed policy link I gave you?  Your question to ckimodog was answered in that link.

Message 8 of 13
latest reply

@aroid-heaven 

Your certificate allows you to ship within your country and some countries in Asia.  Again, you cannot ship to the US because Ebay will close your account if they are notified of it.  Customs will seize your items as well.  Why would anyone want to buy a plant from Sri Lanka? The plant will die in transit and then you'll have unhappy customers that you'll have to refund.  I have purchased items from Sri Lanka and they usually arrive to me at around 3 weeks or more.  VAT has nothing to do with violating Ebay policy or customs.  Customs could fine you as well.  Many sellers from SL have been suspended from Ebay because they attempted to sell items that are prohibited. 

Probably best to sell something else. 

Good luck. 

Message 9 of 13
latest reply

The people that can buy plants from outside the USA are licensed to do so, would be sourcing those from known supplier not an eBay listing and would be registered with the US Department of Agriculture. Some plants and seeds can't even be sold to some states within the USA even if they are coming from the USA. 

Message 10 of 13
latest reply

@aroid-heaven wrote:

Could ypu please let me inform cant i sell monstera aurea verigated .

Trying to make this simple.

You CANNOT sell any plant or seeds to the USA.

You CAN sell them in Sri Lanka.

Message 11 of 13
latest reply

You can sell plants or seeds to people in the USA... IF you don't do it on eBay, you have a phyto, and the recipient in the USA has a plant import permit with that specific genus and country listed on it. 

Just not on eBay.

Message 12 of 13
latest reply

Hi everyone,

Due to the age of this thread, it has been closed to further replies. Please feel free to start a new thread HERE if you wish to continue to discuss this topic.

Thank you for understanding.

Message 13 of 13
latest reply