cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rate Your Experience with eBay Customer Service / Leadership Team

How good or bad do you think eBay's Customer Service is? Also, when you escalate, how good or bad is your experience with their "leadership" team?

In my experience with this whole Express debit card, it's been such a mess and most of their "leadership" team does everything except lead. They have no clue as to what they are doing even when your account has extensive notes and escalation IT tickets but yet, still ask the most mundane questions. 

I've verified my bank account like 4 times in this past week and was just told moments ago that I need to re-verify the SAME account that they have listed under my accounts page.  So how much more can you verify an account. 

Who else has had this issue with eBay and even more so, this new Express Debit Card Payout that doesn't even work?

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

ebays customer service is why i no longer sell on ebay.    on a 1 to 10 i give it a one. (being absolutly sucky!) 

Message 2 of 7
latest reply

ps.... 100%  feedback with a history of (5242)  transactions.    ebay does not care about its sellers. PERIOD!

Message 3 of 7
latest reply

I agree with you 100%. Their customer service is horrendous to say the least. Their "leadership" team has no power to do anything? The "improvements" that have been made recently are not improvements. I finally got my payouts working again after a week and a half of arguing with them and literally spending almost 2 hours a day for the past week and a half only to be lied to and mislead and basically pushed around from department to "Leadership". In my experience, eBay has been a great market place for buyers as long as us (sellers) never need to contact eBay for anything that involves actual work. On the plus side of things, the best thing to do is learn all the ins and outs of their own policies because many times, those same policies is what can be used at times that benefit the seller without needing to go into detail as some of their reps will attempt to make you do. All you need to do is point them to the policy and say no more. Sword cuts both ways lol.

Message 4 of 7
latest reply

I have had the exact same issue.  I am a very casual seller and my experience involves only 1 sale (July 12, 2022) that eBay has been unable to pay me out for despite taking every necessary required step prior to the sale and doing everything the asked of me for the last 4 weeks.  In total I have had to talk to 34 different people (8 chats, 14 phone calls and 12 calls to my bank at the request of eBay)  including payment department "leaders" and each one proposed something different or "assured me the payment would go through this time".  There seems to be a fundamental lack of training and communication within the customer service department.  One agent even hung up on me on the chat when he/she could not think of anything to fix the situation.  In total the payment has been attempted 4 times.  I deal with a major bank that has confirmed its an eBay issue and suggested they stop deflecting responsibility onto the bank for their own systemic deficiencies.  I honestly am at the point where I don't care about receiving the payout anymore if it means having to re-explain everything and be asked to do the same things that have already yielded no results.  Just the time logs from my phone records and chat records show that I have wasted nearly 30 hours.  I'm wondering if this mistreatment is common? Is there an actual complaint department that can be reached?  If not some one suggested small claims court as an option.

This was the short version.  I have all chat and call logs.  

Message 5 of 7
latest reply

I just went through a bad experience on eBay just now and, can't leave feedback on eBay about it.  I submitted an offer on an item.  In the "Comments" section of the offer form I wrote, "offer to include freight".  The Seller contacted me, agreed to my offer and asked for payment.  I went in to pay and there was an extra charge for freight.

The Seller refused to discuss the matter telling me he'd go ahead and cancel the sale if I wanted.  I tried to return him to the agreement that freight was included but, he would not acknowledge or discuss it.  Since he would not correct things, I finally told him that I'd accept, although I didn't agree with it, his desire to cancel the sale.  I then get an email from eBay informing me that they were contacted by the Seller who said I had cancelled the sale. 

Nowhere, that I know of, can I complain to eBay about this dishonest Seller or warn prospective individuals to be careful dealing with this unscrupulous person.  It's a one-way street as far as I can tell.  I don't buy from eBay much, last time was 3 years ago and, I guess I know why!  

I don't agree that one has to complete a sale in order to leave feedback on a seller or, a buyer for that matter.  It's loaded in favor of the Seller, IMO and there is very little protection for the public from these kind of Sellers.

Message 6 of 7
latest reply

Offers never include postage. That's down to eBay not the seller.

Your only option regarding postage would be to reduce the offer by that amount.

Message 7 of 7
latest reply