cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Payoneer switch from paypal, NOT HAPPY WITH THAT

Payoneer switch from paypal, NOT HAPPY WITH THAT

I just went to sign up and I disagreed to their yearly charge of  $29.99, therefore I was unable to continue.

I wish 4 million people would give me $29.99 a year each!!! I wonder if I can still buy using paypal, I don't know but I guess I will find out next month in July.

The rich getting richer again at the expense of the poor.

Message 1 of 37
latest reply
36 REPLIES 36

Re: Payoneer switch from paypal, NOT HAPPY WITH THAT

your in New Zealand and this is the US boards so Im unsure who Payoneer is but in the US buyers can still use PayPal to pay or many other options.

klhmdg  •  Volunteer Community Mentor
Message 2 of 37
latest reply

The bad thing is, you go through the set up pages (about 4) and it's the last check box that tells you about the $29.99USD yearly fee. That should be told first, not last. I almost thought it was a scam and it may have been a scam.  Ebay's email today says 4 million people have switched. In a google search ebay has 182 million users.

EBAY HAS LOST ME. I WILL NOT LIST OR BUY HERE AGAIN AFTER JULY 2021.

Message 3 of 37
latest reply

I find this extremely curious.  I don't know if I can get more information on this, but I will certainly try.  If I get any, I will report back on this thread.

mam98031  •  Volunteer Community Member  •  Buyer/Seller since 1999
Message 4 of 37
latest reply

You won't be able to sell without signing up for Payoneer.

Only solution is to build the $30.00 yearly charge ($0.08c) this will cost you daily to one of your items.

I have been imported from Australia and this is my posting ID
Message 5 of 37
latest reply

Totally agree this yearly fee will let me stop use EBay as a selling platform.  This maybe is fine for big sellers, but most of us that use Ebay to sell 1-2 items few times a year, this fee will be costly just to be able to get payed from EBay, the little that is left of the price as Ebay also take fee and commission so not much you get in your pocket for selling there.  Good bye Ebay, not gona use it to sell anything anymore.

Message 6 of 37
latest reply

It appears we all misread the website regarding fees, me included.  But it actually says that if your account is active, the fee won't be charged.

Payoneer Fees.JPG

Message 7 of 37
latest reply

Did I miss read? I can't find it to check.  But thanks mam98031.

Message 8 of 37
latest reply

@starbursting wrote:

Did I miss read? I can't find it to check.  But thanks mam98031.

It is in the link I provided in my other post.  But here it is again.

https://www.payoneer.com/about/fees/

Message 9 of 37
latest reply

Always pays to do the research 🙂

Message 10 of 37
latest reply

@downunder-61 wrote:

Always pays to do the research 🙂

Well I made the same mistake when I first read through the information.  It was a couple of friends that brought to my attention that I misunderstood this point.  We are all human and we all sometimes make mistakes.

Message 11 of 37
latest reply

To Clarify >> Sellers on eBay do NOT have to sign up to Payoneer or have a Payoneer account to receive funds from eBay.

eBay has the contract with Payoneer (and Adyen) as a Money Processor - all a seller needs to do is provide eBay with their bank details and other documents requested by eBay to transition to MP.

The payment processor/s eBay use have nothing to do at all with sellers -  it is simply how eBay choose to transfer the money to your nominated Bank Account.

Just like if I (or your employer, government etc) were to transfer money to your bank, you do not need to be an account holder with the same bank as the payer.

Message 12 of 37
latest reply

I am in Japan, and have been notified by eBay that I must get a Payoneer account for Managed Payments.

I've tried to sign up to Payoneer to get an account, but find I would need to purchase a Japanese mobile phone service.  I don't need or want to subscribe to such a service. It's a complex process, and expensive. But it's mandatory. 

Message 13 of 37
latest reply

Let me get this straight; in a year when they provide absolutely no service, they feel like they can charge you $29.95 just to keep the account open? Does that seem right to anyone? I find this absolutely disgusting. If I have nothing to sell, I have nothing to sell and should not get penalized for it. Neither eBay nor PayPal, despite their own issues, has ever had the audacity to charge me to keep the account open. Pretty sure I would not have stayed with them this long if they ever attempted that.

Well, so how does Paynoeer make money? According to the Pricing & Fees page that one can open on the last page of the signup process (see screenshot below), there are no fees charged for receiving funds and for transferring funds to the bank account, only for currency conversion. However, when looking at https://www.payoneer.com/about/fees/, there are certainly bank withdrawal fees applicable. Which is it now? Is it free or not? Also note that the signup Pricing & Fees page does not mention anything about the annual fee being for an inactive account. It seems like you would pay that regardless.

I'm not happy with this switch at all. There is nothing managed about it, Payoneer is just another 3rd party payment service, like PayPal is. I was hoping that eBay would be managing payments itself but that is not the case. It seems like eBay was telling PayPal to take a hike and then couldn't get their own payment system figured out. Now we're in this mess...

Screenshot of the Pricing & Fees page in the signup

Pricing & Fees Signup PagePricing & Fees Signup Page

Message 14 of 37
latest reply

@laopuxian 

Ebay and Payoneer have a contract.  The fees to Payoneer for services rendered would be coming from Ebay/MP.  The seller pays MP.

As to the yearly fee.  I don't know what would be your best option if you sell less than one item per year.

Message 15 of 37
latest reply