cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Payment on hold until verification of delivery????????

What is going on with ebay?  I have been a member over 12 years.  I just sold an item but my payment is on hold until verification of delivery?  What is that all about?  I am not shipping anything until I get paid - shipping charges are included in the payment on hold.  **bleep**?

Message 1 of 19
latest reply
18 REPLIES 18

Re: Payment on hold until verification of delivery????????

Once the buyer has paid and eBay tells you to ship you must ship the item, you can use the Pending Funds  in the shipping page to pay for the label - this is how managed payments works.

You can not wait until the money is transferred as you are considered a new seller (nothing sold in 12 months) and eBay will be waiting to see if this transaction goes smoothly beffore they release funds.

All new sellers go on a 21 day hold, it is a protection against accounts that may have been hijacked after a period of being dormant.

I have been imported from Australia and this is my posting ID
Message 2 of 19
latest reply

New/infrequent sellers are subject to payment holds. If you refuse to ship, you will probably be permanently banned from selling.

As mentioned, there’s an option on the shipping page to use the buyer’s payment to buy postage 

Message 3 of 19
latest reply

Were you active over the past 12 months?   Ebay has it's own payment processor or a new one to be precise.  If you don't ship the item the customer is going to get mad.  If they open a case and you ship it and the case closes out,  not only will they get all their money back but they will also get to keep your item.  That's just how it is.  

Message 4 of 19
latest reply

Welcome to the new rules. They paid. That's  when your handling time starts so hurry and ship. Your funds will be released when tracking says delivered, or in 21 days if you haven't  uploaded a tracking number.

Message 5 of 19
latest reply

@mikeyg50 

You haven't sold anything for awhile, so you're considered a new seller.

Your funds will be held like all new sellers.

The faster the item is shipped, the faster the funds will be released.

Have a great day
Message 6 of 19
latest reply

Yes! I just got hit whit this! Whith PayPal you would get paid as soon as buyer paid and in like one or 2 cases after you upload tracking info. Now you depend on carriers efficiency to get paid?

Message 7 of 19
latest reply

PP fronted that money before the transaction was complete, try to find another online payment source that does that, good luck.You are also a seller, who, until your recent sale, hasnt sold anything for a year, your funds will be held.

``````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````

“Never pick a fight with an ugly person. They don’t have anything to lose.” ~Robin Williams
Message 8 of 19
latest reply

I think it's best to comply if you want to sell more items on eBay. Think of it as a credit card company trying to make sure they don't get screwed, go ahead and comply with those annoying requirements and you will have better times on eBay. otherwise, you're only fighting with yourself.

Message 9 of 19
latest reply

Now you depend on carriers efficiency to get paid?

No.

If 21 days have passed and your buyer has not complained, the payment is passed to your Managed Payments account. From there it is transferred to your bank account.

The default for bank transfer is weekly on Tuesdays, but you can choose daily (if you have a lot of sales ) or monthly (if you have only occasional sales).

I don't use tracking because it is very expensive here in Canada, adding $10 to  $12 to even a 30gr package, which means only that I cannot qualify for Top Rated Seller on dotCOM although on all other sites I hold Global Top Rated Seller status for some of my IDs.

If you plan to sell again, first register for Managed Payments. It's easier before you start selling.

Message 10 of 19
latest reply

We received a message on August 4th about a hold on payments temporarily until they could verify a few things.  They stated to allow 5 days, and if there are no issues, the holds will be removed. 

Its now September 30th.  We have sold and delivered  97 orders since august 4th, a total of $24,533.30 and we are still required to deliver before a payout is released.  

We also provided, as they requested, proof of ID (Drivers License), A utility bill with my name and address, and an invoice of proof of purchase of the items we are selling on ebay.  

We had no idea we were not getting our payouts until we noticed our bank account wasnt increasing.  We have sent numerous emails, phone calls, chat sessions.  Different answer on almost every interaction, but no resolution.  No date to resolve this in sight.  Had we known we wouldnt receive our payments until delivery, we would have sold our products elsewhere.  

After all the verification, proof, and albeit a small time window (52 days) and 24k worth of sales, apparently they are in no rush to pay me.  Feels like they are using my payout money to get a quick 5-7 days investment return.  No other logical reason to continue this "punishment". 

Message 11 of 19
latest reply

The payment holds are probably one of the most annoying things about managed payments. I am grateful that most of the other forums/platforms that I sell on do not hold my funds. Not shipping until you get paid puts you in  catch 22 situation if they are holding your funds until there is proof of delivery. You will never ship until you receive your funds and eBay will not release the funds until delivery is confirmed. 

Message 12 of 19
latest reply

I have been on eBay for over 15 years with 100% and nearly 500 feedback + more from those who did not leave feedback - most transactions are selling. And, I have a very good credit rating. I am not a new user on eBay and now eBay not only misrepresented pricing on their offer platform, eBay now is holding my funds until the item is delivered, took their 70 in fees right away, and I paid shipping out of my own paypal account. This is unfair - I am not a new seller. It is that eBay changed their payment platform and those who had to switch to it are considered new sellers. Some one associated with eBay is profiting while sellers are being taken advantage of. Again, I am NOT a new seller. I am very upset about this. I hope others report any untoward issue like this one on this thread and to the state and federal agencies if necessary.

Message 13 of 19
latest reply

@french_hen wrote:

I have been on eBay for over 15 years with 100% and nearly 500 feedback + more from those who did not leave feedback - most transactions are selling. And, I have a very good credit rating. I am not a new user on eBay and now eBay not only misrepresented pricing on their offer platform, eBay now is holding my funds until the item is delivered, took their 70 in fees right away, and I paid shipping out of my own paypal account. This is unfair - I am not a new seller. It is that eBay changed their payment platform and those who had to switch to it are considered new sellers. Some one associated with eBay is profiting while sellers are being taken advantage of. Again, I am NOT a new seller. I am very upset about this. I hope others report any untoward issue like this one on this thread and to the state and federal agencies if necessary.

(Necro thread from Jan of 2022)

Switching to the new payment handling does not make you a new seller. My selling account was switched over a couple years ago now with no delay in payments because I had been selling all along. Once you get regular sales the hold period will go away. (Also be sure that you have provided Ebay with the necessary info on your checking account so that they can deposit the money when it clears the hold.) There is nothing to report to state or federal agencies.

Also know that you can pay for the shipping out of the pending funds held by Ebay. Look near the bottom of the shipping form to find the choices. 

Message 14 of 19
latest reply

I agree with you iam paying for outrageous shipping lables sometimes as high as 10 dollars if I was to get my payment when seller ordered it maybe I would not have to do that so by the time my payments are sent it is hardly nothing because it is coving eBay fees and lables.really it’s not worth it

Message 15 of 19
latest reply