Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Managed Payment Question-Refund Issued-Still On Hold

Not sure is this is the right forum.  Here goes:

-Sold item on Dec 23rd and shipped the same day

-Buyer filed Item Not Delivered claim on Jan 21

-Issued full refund on Jan 21 to Buyer

-Tracking shows item delivered on Jan 6 (I did not know this when I issued the refund)

-Amount of refund has been On Hold in my Managed Payment account since Jan 21

The amount is not large ($17.99), but it appears the Buyer has his merchandise and eBay has my money.  Any suggestions?

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Re: Managed Payment Question-Refund Issued-Still On Hold

It is my understanding that the refund you issued did not come from the amount that is "on hold",  but rather from your available or pending funds on that day.   So I would assume that the buyer has the refund money even though tracking says it was delivered.  

You are probably going to have to play nice with the buyer and ask him to repay.   Since I have not had this issue, wait until someone with more experience comes by to help you. 

@budstewart 

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

-Buyer filed Item Not Delivered claim on Jan 21

-Tracking shows item delivered on Jan 6 (I did not know this when I issued the refund)

-Amount of refund has been On Hold in my Managed Payment account since Jan 21

Yeah, next time check the tracking number under "Paid & Shipped" to see what's going on.  From that, check the tracking number directly with the carrier's website for real-time information----sometimes it may say delivered, but the address was vacant and the item is on its way back.  Refunding the buyer up-front is the discretion of the seller.  As for the payment on-hold, MP puts funds on-hold when a buyer files a claim, but if you refund it that cash, it comes out of the pending funds.  The On-Hold cash is then released back to the seller----sometimes right away, sometimes in days, check with a fine tooth-comb that you got the money back.  If it is still on-hold, you'll have to wait until it is released, but you may have to scroll way down into "all transactions" to see where the line that says your funds are on hold is released.  Currently, MP doesn't provide a pop-up line on the date the on-hold funds are released, but I hope they do in the future for seller bookkeeping.

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

Thanks for the note.  So the buyer has the items and my money.  Why the "On Hold" for $17.99 in Managed Payments?  I did send the Buyer a note indicating it showed the items delivered, and indicated eBay was holding my money.  Asked for his help in resolving the problem.  First one of these for me.  Thought there would have been more with the USPS shipping mess at Christmas.  Thank You again!

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

I had already checked the tracking history.  USPS indicated package left on front porch.  The Hold has been in effect for about three weeks now.  Thanks for the tip about scrolling down to find the money when the hold is lifted.  I appreciate your help very much.

Message 5 of 5
latest reply