cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EBay requiring bank account information to continue listing

EBay just required that I give them my bank account information to continue listing. How do I require buyers to still pay for items through Paypal since I don't want payments sent to my bank account? Anyone have any answers?

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

You cannot have buyers buy using PP. Managed Payments is the way ALL sellers will be using by end of this year; they are doing it in phases and have been for 2 years.  There is NO choice. Give the info or you simply cannot list. 

Message 2 of 6
latest reply

Buyers can still pay using PayPal.

"Those who enter the arena unarmed or unprepared are quickly dispatched."
Message 3 of 6
latest reply

Not what I was referring to and neither was the OP. Sellers cannot use PP to 'collect' their $$ going forward. No work around. 

Message 4 of 6
latest reply

@josephs810 wrote:

EBay just required that I give them my bank account information to continue listing. How do I require buyers to still pay for items through Paypal since I don't want payments sent to my bank account? Anyone have any answers?

Your buyers can still pay with Paypal which is included among the payment systems that Managed Payments take - that won't change and your buyers really won't see a difference. On the seller's end, all payment methods go into one bucket, which is our Managed Payments account. 

But you do have to set up a checking account to handle managed payments - use your current one (which I do) or set up one specifically for business, which many people do.

When you dine with leopards, it is wise to check the menu lest you find yourself as the main course.

#freedomtoread
#readbannedbooks
Message 5 of 6
latest reply

No need in 'requiring' buyers to still pay through PayPal, but they're welcome to. Your funds from selling will never go into your PayPal account again, though. I've been in since 2019... adapt a bit, it's doable. Welcome aboard.

Message 6 of 6
latest reply