cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MANAGED PAYMENT IS A TOTAL FAILURE TO MOST SELLERS

ebay needs to back off of this managed payment nonsense ! Most sellers cannot function under this stupid forced change ! Ebay needs to allow pay pal to be used and the funds allowed to be directed into a sellers account when paid. Mangled payments is the most unfair challenge ebay has yet to throw on their sellers ! Ebay needs to force this terrible issue on the sellers not wanting to participate ! Do the right thing ebay and stop being greedy !!!!!

Message 1 of 116
latest reply
115 REPLIES 115

Re: MANAGED PAYMENT IS A TOTAL FAILURE TO MOST SELLERS

type error on my next to last sentence should have stated >> ebay needs to STOP forcing this terrible issue on the sellers !

Message 2 of 116
latest reply

I agree...They are holding over 1200.00 of my money. Got no payment yesterday & a 130.00 payment today. Tomorrow there estimating 96.00. I guess I get 100.00 every other day of my money!

Message 3 of 116
latest reply

what is happening is unjust !!! Ebay is really making it hard to function and have totally forgot who has made them their billions ! We the sellers !!! Now they have crippled us by this money control issue ! Think of the money they are making by holding the sellers funds ! What a shame !!!!!

Message 4 of 116
latest reply

I completely agree... This Piecemealing of OUR money is ridiculous! 

Message 5 of 116
latest reply

There are an estimated 25 million sellers on Ebay around the world. If most sellers can't function as you believe there sure would a lot more posting than the same handful that are constantly on here. I for am very happy with managed payments. In my category I now pay 10.35% which includes my TRS plus discount. versus 11.13% (Includes paypal fee). I know they charge FVF on sales taxes but I still come out ahead and include the foreign transaction fee in my shipping rate.  I pay my bills from my checking account and not from Paypal so having instant credit on Paypal was useless to me. I had to transfer the money from Paypal to my checking account in order to use. Unless I want to pay another 1% on top of their 2.9% I could have my money instantly which in my opinion is not worth it. If I needed money sooner it is a lot cheaper to borrower the money on my line of credit and pay a couple days of interest than the 1% instant transfer fee. The fee to have $1,000.00 transferred immediately is $10.00. The interest at 10% annually to borrower $1,000.00 is .29 cents per day.

Message 6 of 116
latest reply

It's really not a total failure; figure it takes 1 week to get $ into your account. You can purchase shipping on Ebay from 'pending payments', so no cash out. 

If money is required immediately, try garage sales and swap meets. All facilitating websites are either moving in this direction, or already have. Some are payouts once a week- here you can choose daily or weekly. 

Message 7 of 116
latest reply

I hand write my labels ! This policy may be fine for some but for others it is a joke !

Message 8 of 116
latest reply

you can like this garbage all you want !!! I dont like when someone is whizzing down my back and trying to tell me it is raining !! Good for you for liking a messed up payment method ! I am smarter than that !!!

Message 9 of 116
latest reply

so how can we opt out of this and remain with just PayPal as the option for our buyers?  This sounds like they are starting to do exactly waht Amazon does and I HATE IT the way Amazon handles payments...  You don't get paid but once a week, and even then it's very much less than what they tell you... it's stupidly annoying...

I just want to get paid, right away, in my Paypal account at the time of sale... period, end of story...

Mike B

Message 10 of 116
latest reply

There's no opting out. All will be on MP by end of 2021; as announced 2 years ago. 

Message 11 of 116
latest reply

I am with you 100% ! That is the trouble ! Ebay is trying to be amazon and they will never be them nor would I want them to be ! I hate everything about amazon ! Sellers need to band together and try to get this reversed. If a seller wants to join mangled payments fine but they do not need to force that money grab to me ! regards

Message 12 of 116
latest reply

if enough sellers stood up to this then maybe ebay would see what a bad idea this was ! It could happen then when ebay starts losing money because sellers are fed up with unwanted forced changes then maybe they will wake up. My heels are dug in.

Message 13 of 116
latest reply

Ebay is for serious business. If you have a serious business, cash is not needed on a daily basis. No bill is due daily in this world anyway, car, insurance, housing, utilities... heck even food can be purchased weekly, every 2 wks etc. 

Why the rush for the 'cash now' if you are long term, semi full time seller? I can see the 'once in a while want to sell this old camera' person, which- they will still have to 'wait' for their $, but not what you show as a feedback, I assume that and your name meant you were fairly constant seller? 

Ebay was paid $70M by Ayden to take over their payments... I assume it was more than PP was willing to pay, or Ayden gives ebay a piece of the pie, something PP was not willing to do etc... 

Either way, this is not going away. Every facilitating website is either doing it. or will be soon. 

The only 'quick cash' will be garage sales and swap meets (or CL for local PU). 

Message 14 of 116
latest reply

if a seller wants to accept it fine but the ones who do not why should it be forced !! Dont you think ebay is making a ton of money in interest on the funds they hold for you ??? Just how much of a piece of pie do they need ???? I do not accept it nor will anyone tell me how good it is when in fact it is not ! I have good friends that got duped into it early on and most have stopped selling on ebay altogether ! Ebay could allow sellers to make a choice but I know they will not at least at the moment. Then of all times when money is kinda of at a standstill anyway because of an unwanted pandemic that has been highly over rated it seems like a heck of a silly time to start forcing such a method by making sellers wait on their money. It is ebay greed pure and simple !! Regards

Message 15 of 116
latest reply