cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Last 2 sales, buyer agreed to best offers, but then end up paying full price, having to issue refund

Can someone help me please?

My last 2 sales, the buyer and I agreed to a best offer amount.  Then when the buyer goes to pay, they end up paying full price.  Then I have to issue a refund for the difference.  - on both of these sales, I sent the buyer a counteroffer for the amounts that we agreed upon.  Is this a bug?

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

Re: Last 2 sales, buyer agreed to best offers, but then end up paying full price, having to issue re

OK I finally just had to call Ebay.  After a long conversation with a representative and lots of issues with him trying to understand me and me trying to understand him, he is saying that basically the buyer didn't choose to "accept" the best offer, but instead just went and used "buy it now" on both of these listings that I had this happen.  Or in other words, that it is buyer error.  I can't remember a buyer having this issues before, I know it's possible, but 2 separate buyers in a row , seems odd.  I mean it is possible, but I don't think that is what happened.  I think it is a bug or glitch in Ebays system.   He (the ebay rep) seemed concerned that I had issued the refunds to the two buyers who knew that we had agreed on a lesser price.  I think maybe he was going to try to give me the refunds I had sent back to me.  But I was like, "sir, you are missing the forest for the trees"  I am not concerned about the refunds.  I know that I and the buyer agreed on a lesser price.  My question is why is Ebay charging them full price when we both agreed on a lesser price?  So basically, got nothing accomplished.  He kept also explaining to me about how "best offer" works.  I've sold hundreds of items sir, I think I know by now how it works.  So that was frustrating.  

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

Re: Last 2 sales, buyer agreed to best offers, but then end up paying full price, having to issue re

Calling CS are for lonely people who just want to talk to someone. They have a script and can answer some stuff. My international buyers have a hard time combining items or it can't be done for International Buyers. I don't know. I do issue a lot of refunds on International Shipping or rather all my International Buyers.

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

Cleary the buyers made a mistake. At no point did you mention that the buyers sent an offer and offer was accepted. Refund the difference. 

Message 4 of 4
latest reply