cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there an easier way to refund a seller's refund?

It has now happened several times that after I receive a refund from a seller for an INR claim, the item turns up days or weeks later.

Naturally I am keen to repay the seller's refund, but to date have found no easy way to accomplish this procedure while still operating within ebay. 

The only solution the sellers have offered so far is for me to purchase one of their items which costs roughly the same as the refund. They then ship out a package with a very inexpensive item in it and call it square. 

This seems very inefficient and clumsy.

If this has happened to me a few times, and there are millions of buyers on ebay, one would imagine there must be an easy solution.

Anyone know? 

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

Re: Is there an easier way to refund a seller's refund?

The most efficient way that I know of is to invoice (seller)/ or send funds (buyer) through PayPal. It's okay to share email info after a transaction for just this type of PayPal thing. So... a bit less clumsy. 😐

Message 2 of 7
latest reply

@earthdreamer 

on other posts on this subject,  e Bay blues (employees) suggest contacting the seller to pay. As far as eBay is concerned.............  it is all done.

EDIT: thank you for being a great eBay buyer.

Message 3 of 7
latest reply

Don't know how early in the game you're opening the INR cases so don't know if this suggestion will apply; however, a buyer has 30 days past the last estimated delivery date to open an INR case.  Have you thought about maybe giving items just a little more time before opening a case, like, say, 10-20 days? 

Message 4 of 7
latest reply

Thank you for the suggestion. 

I had made this offer to a seller the last time around, but they did not wish to share their Paypal email, which is fair enough. Also, I felt uncomfortable going outside the ebay system, so we settled for the clumsy purchase option.  

Message 5 of 7
latest reply

Thank you, I did not realize there were other posts on this matter.

I am also suprised that ebay has no interest in collecting the FVF on such a refunded purchase. 

Message 6 of 7
latest reply

Thank you, yes, I wait until the last possible day to make a claim, especially for items coming from overseas. 

Some items from China have taken more than 60 days to arrive, and while that is a little unusual, it still happens fairly regularly for me as I do a lot of buying. (Have currently taken a short rest from buying while I rebuild my seller profile). 

Message 7 of 7
latest reply