cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Immediate payouts

I put immediate payment on the buy it now, but ebay holds my money anyway. Whats the point of even offering that??? I chose this feature to have money to take with me out of town, but ebay held my payout. If I had known that I wasn't going to get my money, I would have sold it locally.

Message 1 of 9
latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

Re: Immediate payouts

@zekesb-88 

eBay does not have "immediate payouts" for sellers.

What they have is "immediate payment required" for buyers if the seller so chooses.

That means that the buyer must pay to purchase, and end the listing.

The buyer payment still has to process, become available funds, and then payout by the normal Managed Payments process when available as "daily", "weekly", or "monthly" as chosen by the seller.

New sellers/infrequent sellers may be subject to up to a 30 day hold for funds to become available, and payout.

Message 2 of 9
latest reply

you seemed to have got decent prices for your items....

that vintage monopoly game is cool.....you think you could have sold that locally for that price? (curious)

you did not seriously think "immediate payment required" had anything to do with your status as a seller?

Message 3 of 9
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

Immediate Payment required is to deter non paying buyers. It has nothing to do with receiving funds as a seller.

Message 4 of 9
latest reply

New sellers have holds on payments:

https://www.ebay.com/help/selling/getting-paid/getting-paid-items-youve-sold/payments-hold?id=4816 

As for the payment method they do not float the payment: it is pending until it clears:

So far never had one fail.

Message 5 of 9
latest reply

Great stuff you are selling by the way. I have been selling for a while and I am still learning stuff on eBay on how to sell.

There is so much one has to read about selling on eBay. We all went through the same experience. I went through it. 

Message 6 of 9
latest reply

perhaps you should have read about how you would get your funds BEFORE you listed items. It is not rocket science. Nor is it a big surprise. This is not anything a simple reading of the terms of setting up a seller's account would not have told you. 

If you are in a big toot to leave town maybe a trunk sale in a parking lot?

Radine

Message 7 of 9
latest reply

Ebay should be able to provide immediate payouts like paypal did. There isn't a reason they cannot. It's the day after Christmas and even though I'm setup for payouts on demand they have been holding payments for 2 business days. In this day and age where everything is automated this makes no sense. The comment you made about "not being rocket science" makes no sense.  It's 2022 almost 2023 and with Zelle, Venmo and paypal out there, ebay should be able to have the money moved IMMEDIATELY into our accounts.

Message 8 of 9
latest reply

@the_repurpose_life wrote:

Ebay should be able to provide immediate payouts like paypal did.

They do.

For a price. 

Message 9 of 9
latest reply