cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I'm kinda confused as what to do?

I've recently bought a PS5(yeah I'm that guy again) and canceled the order due to a situation with the seller who wouldn't contact me back after days.i recently managed to get into contact with him again and he said he wasn't going to cancel the order or ship the PS5 and that he would " let ebay handle it" since he didn't ship it he doesn't have the money I paid for it with either and the order status just says paid so I'm assuming ebay still has my money and there is no supposed delivery date estimate for reasons stated above so I don't know when I can contact ebay to step in so how can I get a refund? this whole situation is very frustrating.

Message 1 of 25
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Re: I'm kinda confused as what to do?

When you paid for the item eBay should have given you estimated delivery dates. Go to your purchase history page and on the item it will show an estimated delivery date range. If the seller is not going to refund or ship then you will need to wait for the last estimated delivery date to open an Item Not Received case to get your refund. The seller has 3 business days to send you the refund, if they don't then go back to the return (refund) case and ask eBay to step in and give you the refund.

Here is the information on how the eBay money back guarantee works.

https://www.ebay.com/help/policies/ebay-money-back-guarantee-policy/ebay-money-back-guarantee-policy...

lisa5768
Volunteer Community Mentor

View Best Answer in original post

Message 2 of 25
latest reply
24 REPLIES 24

When you paid for the item eBay should have given you estimated delivery dates. Go to your purchase history page and on the item it will show an estimated delivery date range. If the seller is not going to refund or ship then you will need to wait for the last estimated delivery date to open an Item Not Received case to get your refund. The seller has 3 business days to send you the refund, if they don't then go back to the return (refund) case and ask eBay to step in and give you the refund.

Here is the information on how the eBay money back guarantee works.

https://www.ebay.com/help/policies/ebay-money-back-guarantee-policy/ebay-money-back-guarantee-policy...

lisa5768

Message 2 of 25
latest reply

I checked it and it doesn't have any estimated delivery dates it just says paid so I don't know what the estimated delivery dates are.

Message 3 of 25
latest reply

Was it listed as local pick up?  What is the listing number?

lisa5768

Message 4 of 25
latest reply

To be more specific this is what I mean 

Message 5 of 25
latest reply

No it wasn't a local pickup and the listing number is 10-10104-41247

Message 7 of 25
latest reply

Check your email and eBay messages. When you paid, eBay should have sent a communication with the estimated delivery dates. 

Unless perhaps it was advertised as local pickup only.

Posting ID
Message 8 of 25
latest reply

Yeah I know this situation has gotten extremely complicated.

Message 9 of 25
latest reply

It could be that since you have asked to cancel the delivery date was removed. It also looks like you are using the app. It may not be displaying all the information. Try accessing your purchase history through a browser and see if it is there. Did the seller send the message they will not ship or refund through eBay messages?  You may need to contact customer service to have them look at the sale and the message and help with how/when to open a refund request.

lisa5768

Message 10 of 25
latest reply

@alowil-12 wrote:

No it wasn't a local pickup and the listing number is 10-10104-41247

That is the order number. The listing number is in the listing and possibly in a communication. 

Posting ID
Message 11 of 25
latest reply

I contacted the seller off site through they're phone number but I still have the messages 

Message 12 of 25
latest reply

Here is the listing number 385640611649

Message 13 of 25
latest reply

@alowil-12 wrote:

I contacted the seller off site through they're phone number but I still have the messages 

That is not good news.... the offsite messages don't mean a thing to eBay.

Did you happen to pay the seller directly to his PayPal account of other method outside of eBay?   Hope not.

Posting ID
Message 14 of 25
latest reply

Stop communicating off ebay.  Your copies of those emails are worthless since anyone can doctor a text. Communicate ONLY through Ebay.  Go to MY PURCHASES in MY EBAY on a desktop or a tablet (but use the browser and NOT the Ebay app.)    You should see an estimated delivery date there. Do you see a tracking #?  

If you want to cancel the order and the seller said that ebay will handle it , that probably means that Ebay is holding the payment and he thinks that he does not have it.   He can still cancel the transaction and then funds should go back to you.  He can cancel anytime as long as he has not shipped the system.

You need to be read your seller's feedbacks closer. You need to pay attention to the estimated arrival date too. ALL of this must be done before you bid.

Message 15 of 25
latest reply