cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to get eBay to step in?

2 weeks after auction ended the buyer contacted me that the item was not as described so I refunded all the money and now I can't get him to start a return case.  Nothing on line allows me to do anything about this problem.  How can I talk to eBay on the phone, or do something to get my item back or my  refund payment back?

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

Re: How to get eBay to step in?

You went about that all backwards. The way it works is this,.

The buyer opens a Return for NAD, you issue a return label or eBay does this automatically if you have free returns, the buyer returns the widget then you refund. 
Since you jumped the gun and refunded before the buyer opened a case you essentially gave your buyer both the money and the item. eBay is out of the picture on this and can’t help. 

Message 2 of 6
latest reply

Try telling the buyer you don't  get many returns so you refunded before sending a shipping label. Ask them for their email address and send them a return label. paypal.com ship now

If they're honest they'll return it.

If they don't then deduct the loss on your income tax return.

Message 3 of 6
latest reply

You voluntarily refunded the buyer; EBay will not aid you in this.

If the buyer is honest (don't hold your breath).

Advice has been given that you may try.  Good luck.

Message 4 of 6
latest reply

You refunded before you had them send the item back so pretty much you are done.

The buyer gets the item and a refund and eBay is out of the picture now.

Hope this wasn't an expensive lesson for you.....

Message 5 of 6
latest reply

The buyer is not honest and will not reply to my messages.  I have been in contact through emails with Ebay and ebay tells me to contact buyer.  Ebay also says they will look at our message history and try to help.  It was only a used $20 item but it is the principle of the matter.  A few years ago you could actually talk to ebay customer service to fix this kind of issue.

Message 6 of 6
latest reply