cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ebay's Managed Pay ??? So The Greedy Controlling Cookie Monster Is Making Money With Ours Now !!

I HAVE BEEN A MEMBER FOR 15+ YRS. WITH A PERFECT FEEDBACK RATING THE ENTIRE TIME AND THEY SOLD US ON PAYPAL FOR YEARS, UNTIL THEY CAME UP WITH ANOTHER PLAN TO MAKE SOME SERIOUS BANK WITH OUR OWN MONEY. US AS SELLERS WHO DO ALL THE WORK CONTINUE TO BE RIPPED OFF LITERALLY BY THIS GIANT COOKIE MONSTER OF A CRIMINAL ENTERPRISE  THAT WE ALL MADE SUCH A HUGE SUCCESS. SO WHAT HAVE WE BEEN GETTING IN RETURN AS SELLERS BESIDES THEM DOING NOTHING BUT BEING MORE GREEDY WITH THERE CRIMINAL OBNOXIOUS BEHAVIOR ON HOW THEY ARE GOING TO MAKE MORE & MORE MONEY FOR THEMSELVES BY STEALING FROM US "THE LITTLE PEOPLE" AS MUCH AS THEY CAN GET THERE HANDS ON.

THIS HAS REALLY TURNED INTO AN EVIL HEARTLESS EMPIRE AND I HOPE THAT MANY OF THE LITTLE PEOPLE LIKE MYSELF STICK TOGETHER AND PULL OUT OF THIS INSANE CONTROLLING COMPANY  & LET'S HOPE THAT THERE WILL BE A MASSIVE CLASS ACTION LAWSUIT AGAINST THE NOW EVIL EMPIRE !!

I WANT YOU TO THINK ABOUT A COUPLE THINGS AND I WELCOME YOUR COMMENTS AND IF I AM OFF BASE JUST TELL ME WHERE ? US AS SELLERS HAVE BEEN FORCED TO WEATHER MANY SITUATIONS THAT HAVE COST ONLY US IN THE FINAL RESULT OF THERE SCHEME AND SOME OF THESE ARE NOT ETHICAL OR EVEN LEGAL IN MY OPINION. 

NOW I AM RETIRED AND HAVE BEEN AROUND THE BLOCK A LONG TIME, AND ANY TIME I HAVE PURCHASED AN ITEM AT AN AUCTION, ESTATE GARAGE SALE ECT. THESE PURCHASES ARE AS IS , NO WARRANTY NO RETURNS PERIOD. AS A SELLER ON THIS SITE NO MATTER WHAT THE EVIL JUDGE AND JURY EMPIRE OFFER'S A EBAY MONEY BACK GUARANTEE / PRETTY MUCH NO MATTER WHAT.... I HAVE HAD EVEN BRAND NEW ITEM SEALED IN A PACKAGE AND THEN OPENED AND USED & EVEN BROKEN AND GET STUCK BACK WITH THE NOW USELESS ITEM THAT WAS SOLD AS IS NO WARRANTY NO RETURNS, PLUS YOU KNOW YOU SURELY DON'T WANT YOUR FIRST NEGATIVE FEEDBACK OVER A 20.00 ITEM EITHER AND EVEN AT TIMES I WOULD GIVE THEM THE PRODUCT & REFUND THEM AS ALL IT WAS GOING TO DO IS COST ME MORE MONEY IN THE END WITH RETURN SHIPPING.  SO, WHILE I AM TALKING SHIPPING AND I CANNOT BELIEVE TO THIS DAY THE EVIL EMPIRE STILL CHARGES US THE SAME PERCENTAGE FOR  THE SHIPPING AMOUNT AS THE PRODUCT WHEN WE ARE PRINTING A SHIPPING LABEL THROUGH THEM ?? ETHICALLY THAT IS SO SO WRONG AND THAT LABEL IS PROOF THAT, THAT AMOUNT SHOULDN'T BE CHARGED PERIOD !! NOT TO MENTION THE PACKING MATERIALS, COMPUTER, PRINTER, PAPER, INK, TIME  ELECTRICITY & VEHICLE EXPENSES INCLUDING GAS ARE ON OUR DIME & I UNDERSTAND NOT BEING ABLE TO WRITE THIS OFF AS  WE ARE NOT BUSINESSES - BUT THE SHIPPING PRICE IS A NO BRAINER AND I WOULDN'T PUT IT PAST THEM, AS THEY ARE PROBABLY EVEN MAKING MONEY ON THAT AS WELL, AS WE ARE TRUSTING THEM AT THE DISCOUNT USPS OFFERS THEM WHEN WE PRINTING OUR LABELS THROUGH EBAY. 

MANAGED PAY - AND YOU CAN BET YOUR BOTTOM DOLLAR ON THIS - THERE JUST AS EVIL FINANCIAL ADVISORS FIGURED OUT THAT EVEN THOUGH THEY WOULD BE LOSING SOME GOOD A+ SELLER'S  IN THIS PONZI SCHEME THAT IS  ABSOLUTELY CRIMINAL, THAT IN THE BROAD SCHEME OF THINGS THEY WILL BE MAKING BILLIONS PER MONTH USING THE SELLER'S PROFIT IN THERE INTEREST BEARING ACCOUNTS WHILE OUR MONEY COULD BE SITTING IN THERE FOR WEEKS AT A TIME AND YOU COULDN'T COMPREHEND THE AMOUNTS OF MONEY THEY WILL MAINTAIN IN THERE ACCOUNT - SO BELIEVE ME I HAVE THOUGHT ABOUT THE PINCH THEY WILL FEEL FROM PEOPLE LIKE MYSELF THAT ARE TELLING THEM TO POUND SALT, BUT TRUST ME THEY COULD GIVE A HOOT, AND THEY WOULD RATHER DISREGARD US LIKE A PIECE OF LITTER !! AND IF THEY WERE HONEST & TRANSPARENT BROKERS THIS MONEY ( OUR MONEY ) WOULD BE IN EITHER A NON INTEREST ESCROW ACCOUNT WHILE THEY ARE HOLDING IT HOSTAGE OR IN A INTEREST BEARING ACCOUNT IN OUR NAMES AND PAID TO US WITH INTERST. REGARDLESS THIS IS BEYOND UNETHICAL AND IT WOULD BE ONE THING IF MANAGED PAY WAS A PUNISHMENT FOR PROBLEM SELLERS THAT THEY HAD TO ENFORCE IF THAT SELLER STILL WANTED TO SELL ON THERE SITE. I HAVE NEVER IN MY LIFE SOLD SOMETHING AND LET IT LEAVE BEFORE I WAS PAID AND I REFUSE TO SELL MY SOUL TO THIS EVIL NETWORK !!  THERE ARE PLENTY OFF SITES THAT I AM NOW CURRENTLY SELLING MY PERSONAL ITEMS ON AND SOME OF THEM ARE 100% FREE, AND EBAY DID BLOW A GOOD THING FOR MANY SELLER AS I HAVE SPENT JUST AS MUCH BUYING ON THIS SITE AS I DID SELLING AND ESPECIALLY IF I DIDN'T HAVE  ALL OF THE MONEY AND THERE WAS SOMETHING ON AUCTION THAT I WANTED, AND I WOULD QUICKLY LIST SOMETHING I DIDN'T NEED AT A GREAT BUY IT NOW PRICE AND HAVE THE MONEY TO BID ON THE ITEM I WANTED, PLUS PAYPAL WAS NICE TO KEEP AS MY EBAY BLOW MONEY ON MANY ITEMS. BUT NOW THAT HAS ALL CHANGED.  & GET THIS ONE IF YOU HAVE MULTIPLES OF THE SAME ITEM TO SELL UNLIKE PAYPAL WHEN THE BUY BUYS 3 IT'S ONE TRANSACTION FEE, BUT NOT WITH THE NEW AND IMPROVED EBAY IT WILL NOW BE 3 TRANSACTION FEES ??  ISN'T IT SOMETHING FOR US NON BUSINESS SELLERS WHO EARNED THEIR MONEY PAID THERE INCOME TAXES, AND BOUGHT WHAT THEY WANTED AND PAID SALES TAX AND NOW RESELL YOUR ITEMS AND THE BUYER NOW PAYS INTERNET SALES TAX WHICH REALLY RESULTS IN THE SELLER LOSING MORE MONEY NOW WITH THE ADDED TAXES ALONE.... SO DON'T WONDER WHY YOUR $10.00 SCREWDRIVER YOU SOLD ON EBAY IS NOW ONLY A  $6.00 SCREWDRIVER AND WONDER WHY IT JUST SCREWED YOU BACK THE DAY IT SOLD !!!

AND YES I GOT TO FEEL THE COOKIE MONSTER TODAY WHEN I WENT TO LOWER ONE OF MY PRICES ON A ITEM PRE-MANAGED PAY LISTING AND I CANNOT DO THAT EITHER UNLESS I AM WILL TO SIGN AWAY MY SOUL AND GIVE THEM MY BANK ACCOUNT FOR THERE INGRESS & EGRESS INTO MY PERSONAL LIFE AND WHO KNOWS WHEN YOU PAID YOUR HOUSE PAYMENT IN THE MIDDLE OF THE NIGHT THE COOKIE MONSTER WILL STRIKE AND YOUR CHECKBOOK  WILL INSTANTLY TURN INTO A RUBBER BALL BOUNCING OFF OUR HEADS OR THEY GET HACKED ( LIKE THEY ALREADY HAVE IN THE PAST) AND THIS TIME IT WILL OUR ACCOUNTS AND AFFECT MILLIONS IN LARGEST IDENTITY THEFT RING EVER. ALSO WATCH OUT AS UNCLE SAM WILL SEE ALL THESE LITTLE DEPOSITS IN YOUR ACCOUNT AND NEXT YOU WILL BE A BUSINESS OR ELSE !!!

I WOULD ALSO BET, AS I HAVE NOT BEEN IN THE COMMUNITY FORUM IN A LONG WHILE NOW,  BUT I KNOW THEY ROLL AND HAVE THEIR OWN HIRED EBAY TROLL'S ON THE PAYROLL TRYING TO JUSTIFY THEIR BAD BILL OF GOODS AS USUAL !! SO GOOD LUCK DEFENDING THIS MANEUVER, AND I JUST HEARD ON THE NEWS THEY ARE NOW BANNING CERTAIN DR. SEUSS BOOKS ??   I  WOULD BET THAT THEY NOW EAT LUNCH WITH THE OWNERS OF FACEBOOK & TWITTER AND ARE NOW EXCHANGES IDEAS OF HOW THEY CAN GAIN MORE & MORE CONTROL OVER THEIR USERS RESULTING IN THEM SWIMMING IN OUR HARD EARNED GREEN BACKS  !! 

THANKS BUT NO THANKS EBAY  !!!!

Message 1 of 36
latest reply
35 REPLIES 35

Re: Ebay's Managed Pay ??? So The Greedy Controlling Cookie Monster Is Making Money With Ours Now !!

I've been a buyer on Ebay for over 20 years. I have sold on ebay for over 5 years. Last year I signed up for MP because I was told I had to or I couldn't sell. My ID was verified. my Bank account was verified. I DID NOT give them my Social security number because I have a EIN. That is a legitimate option. No problems. I changed my bank account in Oct 2020. It was verified. No problems. Then in January of 2021 I was told I had to re-verify  my ID and my bank account. With a few problem they re-verified my bank account.I continued to sell. But they WOULD NOT verify my ID and stopped paying me. They continued to let me sell. I ASSUMED they would  soon verify my ID. Nope. Now 2 months later they still will not pay me even though my bank account has been verified.They owe me over $600. AND (!!!!!!!) I can no longer BUY on Ebay. Yes, I've been buying on Ebay for over 20 years! I have spent over 3 hours on the phone with these people and No One can give me a straight answer as to what the problem is. Each person I talk to has their own theory. I have closed my shop and they have threatened that my "buying and selling " will be further restricted. Huh? I can no longer Buy of Sell. What further restrictions can they give? They sent me a threat today that I owe them money for my final (I hope) shop subscription payment. I responded that they should take it out of the $600+  that they owe me. It is my opinion that Ebay should NOT allow a seller to continue to sell if they don't meet Ebay's requirements  (which I obviously didn't ,unknown to me). Now, because Ebay continued to let me sell they have taken over $600. Gone. Never to bee seen in my verified bank account. I was told by one customer service person that I would not get paid and my funds would be returned to the buyers. Sellers beware! I won't take any bets that this will ever be seen in the forum.

Message 16 of 36
latest reply

Re: Ebay's Managed Pay ??? So The Greedy Controlling Cookie Monster Is Making Money With Ours Now !!

Hendcoff,

Thank you for sharing your nightmare of a  story that we have all been put in !! Unlike many others, I read your entire posting and if some people could get through my frustration in my original post it would be an eye opening reality as to what is really taking place here. Its a real shame that the good people don't stick together like the few evil doers do, that insist on destroying what is left of the good in our lives, by using there site as a full control tactic with no regard for us period. This Is Pure Greed On Steroids !! Always remember this company is no different than any other website you can sell your items on, but unlike the rest they are now pretending that they are a financial institution and your $600.00 owed to you is sitting in the fat cats bank along with many others and on a grand scale we are talking billions of our hard earned money, that is gaining massive amounts on interest for there greedy hands !! Like I said in my orig. post - They are not a FDIC insured company and they surely cannot be trusted with millions of the worlds personal bank account information and social security numbers etc., and it is not if they get hacked, its when !! As they have been in the past, but this time around it will be devastating and  it will be the largest security breach in history, and when it happens the result will be there much well deserved demise !! But the innocent folks that were forced to opt into this scheme will be horrified and many lives will be destroyed. Big Tech is evil in general and no different than a good con artist, as a good con artist is always nice and friendly or he wouldn't never have the opportunity to take advantage of others !!  Big Tech is no different as after they nicely hook us all in and we become dependant on their platforms, they will then flex their muscles and dictate how we operate our lives and if you dont go along with the program they will cancel you out !!!

Message 17 of 36
latest reply

I didn't read your whole OP but I understand completely. What Ebay has done with their Managed Payment scheme is just one example of how $$ accumulates at the top. Somewhere around $80,000,000 is spent on Ebay everyday. Every single day. That $$ used to be distributed to the seller immediately through Paypal. Sellers then had complete control of their $$$. NOW Ebay gets to hold that $$ and earn interest on it. I'm not even going to try to figure out how much interest Ebay is earning just by holding our money.... for most of us it's just a few pennies... My $19... Am I going to notice the lack of 2 days worth of interest on $19? No. But for Ebay.... the interest on 80 million dollars for 2 days??? That's my pennies and all other sellers pennies.... accumulating into gold bars for Ebay.  

Shipping..... Buyer pays retail... seller pays commercial so we think we're getting a break on the shipping EXCEPT... that we are paying their (now higher) commission on shipping also. In some cases we come out ahead a little but often, due to that commission, we are losing $$ on shipping. IN ADDITION.... Ebay pays USPS an even lower rate than the commercial rates that we pay Ebay so Ebay IS making more $$ on shipping. AND!!!!! Now that Ebay holds our money and we don't see it for 4 or 5 days.... we have to pay out of pocket for shipping. So.... Ebay now has in it's pockets... MORE than my total sale... just a few more dollars to earn a few more pennies in interest because I'm quite sure that Ebay doesn't pay USPS immediately... so...

NOW add in the new twist that Ebay is charging their (now increased) commission on any sales tax charged... but their "summaries" and "transaction details" don't show that sales tax amount.... so you just have to trust that the commission that they have charged is correct.. or try to figure out yourself how much sales tax was paid. 

I just sold a sweater for $15. I was charged a commission of $3.41. That's 22.7%. They say $19 is being processed to my account. I'll be lucky to see it by Thursday... but I have to shell out $6+ for shipping.... So in reality, Ebay has in their hands, my $15 (paid for the sweater) plus $8.10 the buyer paid for shipping, plus the $6 I'm paying for shipping, plus the sales tax that the buyer paid (an amount quite difficult for me to figure out)..... For a total of over $30.... they earn their pennies in interest... And until Thursday... I'm out $6. Just to sell a little sweater for $15. 

For the moment I'm staying... I'm beyond irate that they charge a commission on an amount I don't even get to see. I'm laughing hysterically about their explanation that managed payments make things SIMPLER.... I think that's what is called gaslighting....  I have over 1000 items listed on other platforms. But I'll stay here with a few.... I'll watch, think, learn, speak. It will not get better for sellers. It will only get better for Ebay. I saw the notice that commissions are increasing again... 

I've been a loyal and happy ebayer for 20 years.... I feel betrayed. 

Message 18 of 36
latest reply

Hey Mantoys440 - Typing in all caps is a big mistake.   Not many folks can or will read your rank when it's in all CAPS.  Certainly not me.

Message 19 of 36
latest reply

Your CapsLock seems to be stuck.

Message 20 of 36
latest reply

Your caps lock is stuck.

I think your enter key may be broken as well since you don't seem to be able to make paragraphs.

Message 21 of 36
latest reply

edit 1st post for god shake.

One sale a day, tomorrow the entire Galaxy!
Message 22 of 36
latest reply

@mantoys440 wrote:

I HAVE BEEN A MEMBER FOR 15+ YRS.  ......... OUR HARD EARNED GREEN BACKS  !! 

THANKS BUT NO THANKS EBAY  !!!!

ZZZZ_50.jpg

Message 23 of 36
latest reply

No way I'm going to read that unformatted jumbled mess!

COOKIE!

coo.jpg

-------
Not my selling nor buying account
Message 24 of 36
latest reply

I just just searched eBay for "Dr. Seuss books" and there where 11,307 results for dr seuss books.  Just because a publisher stops printing a book does not mean it's banned.  Get a grip, stop letting TV and social media liars and fear mongers control you. 

Message 25 of 36
latest reply

Not that I really care, but yes, e-Bay did ban several of them. https://www.wsj.com/articles/dr-seuss-books-deemed-offensive-will-be-delisted-from-ebay-11614884201

Message 26 of 36
latest reply

My ADD kicked in after the 20th sentence.

Message 27 of 36
latest reply

It would appear that your "CAPS LOCK" key is broken.   

Message 28 of 36
latest reply

@silverstatetreasureboxes wrote:

@mantoys440 

Whew! That was painful to read!!!!

Where are my eye drops????

I'm glad you were able to read it, I'm not about to give it a try as I would certainly have a bad headache by the time I got through all that yelling [all caps] and just a complete wall of text.

@mantoys440 

If you can update us with a more readable version of your issues you will likely get more that would be happy to try and help.  Don't yell at us in all caps.  And use paragraphs, you are close on this one but you need to hit enter one more time to create spacing between your paragraphs.

mam98031  •  Volunteer Community Member  •  Buyer/Seller since 1999
Message 29 of 36
latest reply

@mantoys440 wrote:

That's what's great about living in America , your right to make your own decision on what you want to read !! I hope we dont lose that next.....

Yes this is true.  But most come here to actually get what they want to say read.  Using all caps and a wall of text is just too hard for many of us to even attempt to read.  So you aren't reaching as many people as you'd like.  Clearly you are capable of doing it.

mam98031  •  Volunteer Community Member  •  Buyer/Seller since 1999
Message 30 of 36
latest reply