cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can You Send PayPal Email Through eBay Messages?

-USPS late package was delivered to buyer after full refund was issued due to item not received case. 

-Buyer is honest and offers to reimburse. 

-However, I thought sending any contact info over messages violates TOS? I have already been warned about this in the past when I tried to meet locally (didn't know).

-Both people who replied to my last thread said have them reimburse you through PayPal.

-I am on managed payments and do not have PayPal linked so they would not be able to do that unless I send it over through messages.

-Every old thread I can find on this issue says have them reimburse you through PayPal.

-What do I do in this situation? Thanks

Message 1 of 11
latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

Re: Can You Send PayPal Email Through eBay Messages?

Here it is:

https://www.ebay.com/help/policies/member-behaviour-policies/membertomember-contact-policy?id=4262

No sending of any contact info is allowed, all transactions must occur on eBay. Is everybody trying to get my account banned?

Is there any contact information to call eBay support? I remember calling them years ago to get help with an issue but now I can't find any contact information for seller support ANYWHERE>

Message 2 of 11
latest reply

@dbs_merch wrote:

Buyer is honest and offers to reimburse. 

However, I thought sending any contact info over messages violates TOS?

I have already been warned about this in the past when I tried to meet locally (didn't know).

As soon as the buyer paid and eBay deducted their FVF @dbs_merch the transaction is complete.

After that, you can freely exchange any mailing address, phone number, PayPal account, etc. through eBay messages.

Message 3 of 11
latest reply

Really? Do you have a link to that in TOS cuz I dont want to get banned

Message 4 of 11
latest reply

@dbs_merch wrote:

Really? Do you have a link to that in TOS cuz I dont want to get banned

Very good @dbs_merch that you're cautious. Yes, it's been clarified multiple times, here for instance:

I can confirm that while we typically do not allow contact information to be shared prior to purchase (some exceptions exist where legally required), after a buyer has paid or otherwise committed to buy your item you are welcome to exchange contact information.

Message 5 of 11
latest reply

Thanks for the resource, however I am still cautious because it is not an official word from eBay and the sharing of contact information is only the first concern because it WOULD result in a transaction taking place OFF of eBay, which violates TOS. 

Anyways, I am thankful I did not follow anybody's advice here because, despite nobody telling me how to contact an eBay agent, I spent hours of my time trying to figure out how to accomplish this task. Finally, I waded my way through countless automated help sections to a form whereby a question was able to be submitted. Miraculously, I was contacted by an agent within 1 business day, as promised, despite the COVID delay disclaimer.

I got this response, "

For this, I have requested you refund to be processed so that our back office can re-investigate the case. Please take note that this process will take 5-10 business days. Once approved, the funds will be going back to your original funding source."

I guess now I will wait and see in a week or two if I get paid back for this order.

Message 6 of 11
latest reply

"For this, I have requested you refund to be processed so that our back office can re-investigate the case. Please take note that this process will take 5-10 business days. Once approved, the funds will be going back to your original funding source."

That quote above is eBay Customer Service -speak for "let me say something that will get this person off the phone". As the seller, why would they be investigating YOU getting a refund? The only way you will see a penny is if the buyer willingly pays you again via PP. As multiple people have stated, it is acceptable to share contact information once the transaction is complete.

Message 7 of 11
latest reply

@dbs_merch  The worst that will happen is that your message will not be able to be sent, with a popup saying you can't send that information.  So you go back and put the address in 'code' - account name at pay p a l and send it that way.  But since you've been in an active transaction, you shouldn't have problems.

“The most common way people give up their power is by thinking they don’t have any.”
— Alice Walker

#freedomtoread
#readbannedbooks
Message 8 of 11
latest reply

I'm having the same issue. Buyer said they never got their item so I closed the case and Ebay refunded. Today a day later, they said they received it. The case is closed so would this still considered being a transaction outside of Ebay if I give them my Paypal address?

Message 9 of 11
latest reply

This is a zombie thread. As soon as I reply it will be moved and closed.

If you voluntarily refunded before eBay stepped in you are SOL in getting eBay to return your money.

If the case was escalated and you were forced to refund contact eBay.  

Message 10 of 11
latest reply

Hi everyone,

Due to the age of this thread, it has been closed to further replies. Please feel free to start a new thread HERE if you wish to continue to discuss this topic.

Thank you for understanding.

Message 11 of 11
latest reply