cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Beware of eBay Managed Payments

Even though all of the information says set up a bank account for PAYOUTS, eBay thought it was ok to take shipping charges from my bank account.  Taking money out of the PAYOUT account amounts to FRAUD as I understand it.  You can't label the account as PAYOUT and then take money from it.  AND the amount is still showing as owed to them on my statement, and customer service would not make an adjustment for now until the statement posts.  The new Seller Hub, clearly indicated that both PayPal and a credit card are available for charges.  I don't dispute the charge since it was for UPS shipping, but I NEVER expected them to take money out of an PAYOUT account and have yet to see where I authorized that.  IF you have issues there is apparently a team dedicated to Managed Payments.  But this trying to get called back with 140 minute wait times, and if you miss the call starting all over again.  Hmmm, I just started selling but this seems really difficult.  

eBay staff - please take this feedback seriously.  

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

Re: Beware of eBay Managed Payments

You can switch where your postage funds are scored from.  If you scroll to the bottom of the screen on the next label you print, it has a box where you pick to fund from paypal or pending MP funds.

Message 2 of 7
latest reply

This is why I recommend sellers set up a special bank account just for ebay selling. When you sign up and agree to ebay terms somewhere there they have your approval to deduct funds from your nominated bank when needed. Be aware they can also dip into the account on any disputes raised by buyers as well.

Message 3 of 7
latest reply

Yeah I'm not doing any of this . I can sell items for nothing through local Facebook flea Markets and not have all the hassle and have my bank account stay secure .

Message 4 of 7
latest reply

Collection of the Owed Amounts may be carried out on a one-time, sporadic, or recurring basis by the following means:

• Retaining such amounts from your current or future disbursements relating to any transactions that you may have;
  • Recouping from your Linked Bank Account (and if required, by issuing a direct debit mandate or other similar authorization);
  • Recouping from any other payment instrument or payment method you may have on file with us or our Affiliates (for example, to pay for seller fees, shipping labels, or dispute resolution);
  • Placing the Owed Amount on any invoice you receive from our Affiliates for eBay Services, as appropriate; and Retaining collections agencies or using other collections methods.

You authorize us to choose at our sole discretion the appropriate method of collection among those listed above for the purposes of recouping, drawing, recovering, charging, or deducting any Owed Amounts...
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
You made them a co-signer.

Message 5 of 7
latest reply

I am moving a lot more merchandise on local forums such as Facebook and others. Everything is local pickup or short trip meeting spot all done in cash and buyer can see the item before paying. No shipping cost, no fees, no hassle. 

Message 6 of 7
latest reply

Not the only problems with the new system, I have received money since July but then in Nov ebay started holding my money & wanted more personal info so I sent them everything they requested but still had a hold for almost a full month then I finally started getting pymts that lasted 2 weeks & I am back to my funds being held by ebay there is also no one to call or contact at ebay at the moment it just states service unavailable. I do not understand how they could let this get so far out of hand. 

Message 7 of 7
latest reply