cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ad fee charged later

Dear All,

My item sold 2 days ago and today ad fee value charged. Is that possible? Sold day it show not as sold via promoted listing. But today it show as sold via promoted listing.

Thanks

Thanks and best regards,
Sachitha
Message 1 of 8
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Ad fee charged later

@knish_sl_store  yes, it's possible.  I've been told by eBay's advertising department that some Promoted Listings attribution is not done real time.   In those cases, the offline attribution happens within 3 days and is typically ~ 5% of the attributed conversions.

View Best Answer in original post

Message 2 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

Ad fee charged later

@knish_sl_store  yes, it's possible.  I've been told by eBay's advertising department that some Promoted Listings attribution is not done real time.   In those cases, the offline attribution happens within 3 days and is typically ~ 5% of the attributed conversions.

Message 2 of 8
latest reply

Ad fee charged later

Thanks dear....

Thanks and best regards,
Sachitha
Message 3 of 8
latest reply

Ad fee charged later

Hi @knish_sl_store - we received a response from the Promoted Listing team on this matter:

On February 17th and 18th, we experienced an attribution delay issue that resulted in under-reported Promoted Listings clicks & sales. We have spent the past few days working on data recovery, and as of 2/23, we’ve caught back up and clicks & sales are being accurately reflected in your dashboard.

Message 4 of 8
latest reply

Ad fee charged later

@community_team  - is there any plan to make an announcement or send out an email about this? 

We live in an unprecedented age of options for mass communications....and it would probably give the Payments team a break on the phones if every individual seller with this question could easily find the answer for themselves instead of requesting a callback.  😉

Message 5 of 8
latest reply

Ad fee charged later

Hi this was very helpful! We were curious about this from months ago.

Did you every post an announcement about this!?

Message 6 of 8
latest reply

Ad fee charged later

This is helpful, but it is difficult to keep accurate books when you record the sale w/ fees, ship within 1 day, then move on to work on a new listing or pack a new order.  This means I have to ALWAYS go back and double check every sale days later to see if eBay is going to charge me an ad fee 2-3 days later that that they have known about all along?  How does anyone keep accurate books when the summary/details sale screen totals can change after the shipment is complete?  Why not run this check every 12-24 hours to charge the ad fees properly so that the seller's sales information is accurate sooner?  Up to 3 days is way too long IMO.

Message 7 of 8
latest reply

Ad fee charged later

Hi everyone,

Due to the age of this thread, it has been closed to further replies. Please feel free to start a new thread HERE if you wish to continue to discuss this topic.

Thank you for understanding.

Message 8 of 8
latest reply