cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VAT refund from ebay takes more than 15 months so far

I had to ask ebay a couple times for a refund for double paid VAT. Most times this went rather quick and easy. But in one case I am waiting now for 15 months and another case I was not refunded enough (a refund from the seller was seen as a full vat refund but only a small part was). This case is now taking even more than 15 months.

I have been in contact with customer service through email, chat and also on facebook regularly and I keep getting the same replies that requests are being made, they will look in to it and I will be updated soon etc but so far I have had no luck and I am always the one reaching out.

Anyone runnning in the same issues? What else can I do?

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Hello

I'm in the same boat here, been 5month already that they keep saying the same thing again and again

- you should get your refund in 10 days (spoiler: no)

- someone from the team is going to answer you today (spoiler: no)

- we have a good news your refund was initiated (no..)

Any luck since your message ?

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

If eBay isn't helping, and I can't  imagine they will help after 6 months,  then maybe you should go to  Customs and show the VAT was paid twice and get a refund from them. 

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

Your comment make no sense for so many reasons, but thanks for trying.

• "go to customs" -> they dont have a shop or something you can visit, how do you think its looks ?
  • after 6+ month you dont even have any proof the tracking number dont work anymore, even if you are able to contact someone they will tell you "computer says no"
Message 4 of 5
latest reply

Any news? Been waiting for over a year now with the same answers.

Message 5 of 5
latest reply