cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BUYER BEWARE Canadian made cars

before you buy a car get the VIN number and run it and make sure it is not made in Canada. Chrysler and a few other automakers will not warranty the car. These dealers will sell these cars at Great unbelievable prices and they don't disclose that there is no warranty from the manufacturer. They did this to protect they're dealers in the US from Black Market sellers buying canadian-made cars in undercutting the dealers. I have a 2006 Dodge Magnum and I went through hell to have a gas tank replaced under warranty that was causing serious stalling issues making the car very unsafe to drive. My advice is if the car is made in Canada do not purchase it some of these safety recalls will happen long after the car has been bought and for the lifetime of the car. Run the VIN number make sure the car was made in the United States. I've seen models on eBay as new as 2016 made in Canada with unbelievable prices not fully disclosing. I think it should be illegal and I have emailed the FTC and my congressman.

Message 1 of 97
latest reply
96 REPLIES 96

Re: BUYER BEWARE Canadian made cars

@tony1963 wrote:

What next?  You want the gas tank to withstand rocket fuel?  How about uranium 238?

Its a magic gas tank.

I filled my tank with uranium 4.47 billion years ago, and never used it- and now it is half empty. Must have a leak.

Message 91 of 97
latest reply

It is beyond its half-life.

Chrysler probably didn't warranty that either.

Message 92 of 97
latest reply

They will not if it is an improperly imported Canadian made Chrysler product

Message 93 of 97
latest reply

@thekux wrote:

They will not if it is an improperly imported Canadian made Chrysler product

I imported mine from Krypton- and the dash still fell apart. (Just kidding. I'd never buy a Chrysler!)

Message 94 of 97
latest reply

There's only one way you're going to do anything about gray/grey market cars. Have Congress enact legislation.

1. That will take a LOT of public input many thousands of consumers.

2. Auto dealers and manufacturers spend countless millions on lobbyists.

Guess who is going to win this battle?

As for Chrysler, I'm a Mopar fan. My daughter recently bought a new Sublime Green R/T Hemi Challenger and it's the cat's meow. And then some.  🙂

A subtle ride it is not. The Portland cement seats make sure of that....

Message 95 of 97
latest reply

No! No! Not MORE legislation! Caveat emptor is all we need.

Well Rip, at least yer daughter's car is green! 😉 (Gotta love green!)

Hey, I meant to tell the OP: I bought a 1912 Stanley Steamer, and now the company won't honor the warranty- They just ask me if I'd like my carpets cleaned..... [cymbal crash]

Message 96 of 97
latest reply

You voided the warranty when you filled the gas tank with water.

Message 97 of 97
latest reply