cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GATOR SALE

This sale was found on CL first. Went to look at it and it was gone but I had the e-mail because someone did a screen print.  Looks like a scam

From: Barbara Reed [mailto:barbarareed062@gmail.com] Sent: Saturday, June 24, 2017 9:30 AM > Subject: Fwd: 2013 John Deere Gator 825i

Hi there, thank you for your interest in buying my Gator. My 2013 John Deere Gator 825i 4x4 has 420 original hours , with automatic transmission, power dump bed, independent front and rear suspension, all Terrain tires. It is in perfect condition, no need for additional repairs,no scratches, dings or rust. The gator looks great. It runs like new and all services are up to date. Also, I need to mention that it was never involved in any accidents. The price is $2,000. This belonged to my husband and after he passed away (due to a heart attack) I decided to sell it. I hate to see it go, as it's a great and well taken care of gator, but it just brings me sad memories seeing it just laying around with no one to drive it. It's really, really hard for me to see it there, because every day I was expecting my husband to come from work to use it and now it just sits there. A fast sale can be done at a low price. I don't want to see it standing around.

Recently I had a throat surgery and I moved with my daughter in Omaha, NE. I took the Gator with me and I gave it to eBay Motors who will deliver it to the next owner. The Gator is already at the shipping company, sealed and ready for the shipping. The transaction will be made through them for our own safety because I can't deal in person (I'm a 61 years old woman). The best part about this is that you'll get 5 days for inspection for free with no further obligation or fees. If you're interested in purchasing it just email me your full name, full shipping address and phone # so that I can initiate the deal through eBay and they will contact you to explain the procedure. Thank you

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

GATOR SALE

Thanks. Thought I would let others know. LOL

View Best Answer in original post

Message 4 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

GATOR SALE

Hello again,
As I was telling you in previous email, my husband died recently. I had to move out and now I'm living with my daughter in Omaha, Nebraska. The Gator is here in Omaha at the shipping company, sealed and ready for the shipping. I advertised it on other states also to get more exposure and sell it faster. The price includes free delivery and you can receive the gator at your address in 1-3 days. Once you get it, you will have 5 days to try it out prior to making any purchase. In case that you feel that the gator is not suitable, you can just return it, on my full expense ( I assure you that is not going to happen since my John Deer Gator is in immaculate condition). It will come with all the documents including title, bill of sale, 2 sets of keys, full service records and everything already signed and notarized into your name.
If you are interested in buying it I will need your full name, full shipping address and phone # to send them over to eBay and get this transaction started. As soon as I hear that from you I will initiate the transaction through them.

On Sun, Jun 25, 2017 at 8:04 PM, Mike Allen <mallen@stmaryhuntley.org> wrote:
I cant find it on Ebay.
Message 2 of 7
latest reply

GATOR SALE

Yes it's a scam. Run like the wind!
Message 3 of 7
latest reply

GATOR SALE

Thanks. Thought I would let others know. LOL

Message 4 of 7
latest reply

GATOR SALE

Half of the private sale vehicles on CL are scams. I note on those listed in my area that one common trait is to use a woman's name with a gmail address. I suppose the inference is that this "poor lady" is trustworthy.....

Omaha seems to be a storage depot for scam vehicles. I'm surprised there is any room for human beings there.....

Message 5 of 7
latest reply

GATOR SALE

Ebay doesnt ship anything and they dont store cars in a e bay wharehouse like some scamers say thats where their car is.Bruce.

Message 6 of 7
latest reply

GATOR SALE

People don't use their God-given brains, Bruce.

Could you imagine if there really was an Ebay warehouse, what it would cost to ship a vehicle there; put it in a "container"; store it there; then ship it to the "buyer" for "free"? It would cost THOUSANDS of dollars....not to mention the liability Ebay would have for things being damaged; for "escrow" services when someone claims the vehicle was damaged, etc. etc......and yet people believe that they can get all of this and more- which would basically be like the seller paying someone to take the vehicle, if it were real....all for a few iTunes gift cards! Apparently,  if they think this is real, they think that the seller is so insane, that they could go through all of this, just to sell them a $10K vehicle for $2K...... Meanwhile, the "buyer" knows darn well, that if he was selling his own, even if it were a pile of junk, he'd want more for it than what the scammer wants for the mint one.... They wouldn't even sell their old junker for $2K, much less pay to ship it for free!!!!

Message 7 of 7
latest reply