cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iOS App Selling update

Hello

We recently updated the selling form for all sellers. We would like you to post any feedback you have with this new form here.

Thank you

Message 18 of 311
latest reply
310 REPLIES 310

This app sucks

You need to add back the ability to add details to "New with defects" to allow us to list what the defects are.

Message 76 of 311
latest reply

This app sucks

I do my drafts on the computer first then go back and open the drafts on my phone to take the pictures and post. I clicked to edit the item description on my phone and got this message:

"Unsupported Formatting, Your description contains formatting that is not supported by this app. If you continue, all current formatting will be removed."

I have the option to remove the unsupported formatting or cancel.  I'm too afraid to click on remove formatting because I'm worried this will delete my item description.  Super frustrating as sometimes when I take my photos I find things I want to add to the listing and just use my phone to add it in and post.

Message 77 of 311
latest reply

This app sucks

Hello - having difficulty with the description field - entered the description, click done, and the description appears in the window for about 10 seconds, then disappears.  Has happened several times - luckily I copied it.

appreciate a fix, thansk

Message 78 of 311
latest reply

This app sucks

Terrible app update! Takes out the individual's ability to customize their listings. I hate the good til cancelled feature on the mobil app which I use the 100% of the time.
Message 79 of 311
latest reply

This app sucks

Where do I start?

1. Good till cancelled is set when building a listing in mobile app.

Even when listing was started on desktop PC and set to 30 days. If ANY editing is done with the mobile app it sets back to good till cancelled.

NOT acceptable for low price items, or any items.

The SELLER determines duration.

2. BUY IT NOW.

I set a price and the mobile app AUTOMATICALLY sets accept best offer and SETS THE PRICE TO 50% less. What are you thinking.

Again if this is set to no in a desktop listing and the listing is editedin the mobile app it changes to ON and 50% off. ??????

I am the seller. I determine what my best offer should be NOT EBAY, unless you are going to give me the difference of what I want to sell it at and what you make it available at.

3. not allowed to set duration of Buy It Now. covered on many posts.

4. When a listing is greater than 4 pounds I get an error on International postage.

I know we can not ship over 4 pounds 1st class international BUT the APP will NOT let me turn international shipping off. I have to go to desktop and fix there.

5. When I use list similiar to build a new listing on mobile app the fields I want are the ones I had already set in previous listings. The mobile app is resetting them to your chosen defaults.

Finally as a compute systems designer for 35 years it has always been the best rule to not say yes when in doubt when programming.

Meaning if an action might have financial or other consequence by being turned on YOU ALWAYS ASK THE QUESTION. Do you want X? Dont turn X on.

Message 80 of 311
latest reply

This app sucks

walnut412.... I ran into the same issue on ISO TEXT SHORTCUTS. When you type your keyword to insert the shortcut text you will see it display. Immediately after that press ENTER in the virtual keyboard. This seems to lock in the text that was just inserted. If you DO NOT press enter the inserted text disappears. Give it a try, perhaps a good workaround until they fix the issue.
Message 81 of 311
latest reply

This app sucks

ebay Mobile_App_help -  I sure hope you are embarassed with this update to the IOS app.  As the experienced users here are telling you, the new format/interface is EXTREMELY horrible, clumsy and slow to use and navigate.  You have hundreds of experienced users right here who could help with testing.  As an IT professional it shows me that you have a large problem with your change and testing procedures. 

In addtional to ALL OF THE ISSUES, BROKEN FUNCTIONS AND CLUMSY INTERFACE that everyone has outlined in the previous messages,  I ran into another issue today.   I listed a new auction and somehow it created 2 auction listings.  The auction listings were identical in ever way but they each had different AUCTION ID numbers.   I originally started this new auction from finding a sold example from another user and I used the SELL ONE LIKE THIS function.  I worked through the horrible interface and posted the auction.  When I went to look at my current auction listings the item I had just posted was out there 2 times. 

Message 82 of 311
latest reply

This app sucks

How can I get old version 

this update sucks!!!

Message 83 of 311
latest reply

This app sucks

Are you talking about the ebay mobile app update that they did yesterday that completely changes how you take photos for your listings?  Now when you pull up a draft it puts you directly into a "listing summary" and there are 12 grids to take photos.  Unfortunately to crop or rotate the photo now takes many steps...horrible update!  I'm told I can do nothing about this and can't get the old app back.  This new mobile app is going to slow down doing new listings CONSIDERABLY!!!  Not Happy!

Message 84 of 311
latest reply

This app sucks

I totally agree. The latest app update for iOS is terrible. It’s taking me about 20 minuets to make a new listing  instead of like 3 or 4 minuets, and relisting is a pain as well. I’ve been going to the actual website more, but today, 5 times my browser got taken over by some spam congratulations Amazon user. What is up with Ebay?

Message 85 of 311
latest reply

This app sucks

What is ebay doing for combine shipping, I have lost a few sales because ebay app won't allow them to request invoice from their cart, I have a customer right now trying to combine shipping and it won't work.

Message 86 of 311
latest reply

This app sucks

The Good Till Cancelled only listing is terrible. It's rediculous that you can't choose your duration from the app. And the reasoning you say is it's better for the sellers. Lol. What a world. It's definitely a ploy to have people lose track of their listing limit and then accidentally pay for fees to list an item. It's so dumb, no one wants to keep track of when they listed an item so they can cancel it at 30 days. Good till cancelled really does not work well for smaller stores!

Message 87 of 311
latest reply

This app sucks

@gr8music

Thanks for posting and for the feedback as always. Can you let us know what specificly is taking 5x longer in the selling form? We will look into the areas that are slower.

Message 88 of 311
latest reply

This app sucks

Nag screens for one. Not able to relist a former  auction listing to 30 day listing. Did that once and it forced it to until sold. I tried going to the website, but the drop down box there was locked. Ended up canceling item and out 35¢. So any item that doesn’t sell, I have to navigate away to website to relist as 30 listing. Photos don’t load as fast and don’t see an option to rotate or crop anymore. After hitting list, you get nagged by two separate nag screens. Having a “don’t show this again” option would be nice. Also, if you use the # items didn’t sell-relist under the 3 options above it, active, sold, unsold, you get the old way of listing I like, but unfortunately, not all of my unsold items are shown. All my unsold items are in the button above right, but it uses the listing form I’m complaining about. Hope this makes sense, easier to explain if I could show.

A couple months ago I wrote here to praise the new app and was thanked. Why do we have to relearn, or go back and forth between apps all the time? The way it was up until this new version was perfect. Want to relist, just hit relist, done. Not this one as it seems to have a mind of its own sometimes, especially if going from auction to 30 day.

Thanks for responding

Message 89 of 311
latest reply

This app sucks

So, the other day it went back to he old way which was great, and now it is back to Good til cancelled , what is taking so long

Message 90 of 311
latest reply