cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OT .... Can I not respond to a buyer's bad feedback?

I got a big red one, the first ever! A mixed jewelry lot last month and every item is clearly shown plus I put extra stuff in there before I closed and shipped it. The title and description said exactly what it was. The neg was terrible, said it was junk and nothing useable. I ended up sending a private message asking why she would do that without contacting me. I would have refunded her. I hit the report buyer button and wrote what happened but I don't know what that will do.

Are we not able to respond to their feedback anymore?

Most used advice from my mother - Learn something new every day!
Message 1 of 42
latest reply
41 REPLIES 41

Re: OT .... Can I not respond to a buyer's bad feedback?

I am so sorry this happened to you.  Happened to me a few times, some people you will never please.  Your pictures clearly show what you sold, I would get the ebay telephone number and I would ask that it be removed because you did nothing wrong.  I was told only the buyer can agree to have the feedback removed, but ebay actually removed a **bleep**py feedback I received from a buyer.  Again sorry this happened to you, some people should not be buying on ebay.

Message 31 of 42
latest reply

take some deep breaths, try to get a good nights sleep tonight...

in the morning start calling & emailing ebay until you get someone that will actually listen to you...

the negative is very unfair & you do not deserve be treated like this...by your buyer or by ebay...

I am wearing a negative from a buyer that I filed a UID on...she got hysterical & left me a negative &

all 1's on my stars...I called ebay every day for a week until I got someone who would actually

listen to me...ebay called my buyer & got her to revise her feedback... I still have the negative, but

she only dinged my communication star....

your answer to her feedback is to the point & the voice of reason...

Message 32 of 42
latest reply

I recently read the rules on revision (had one revised myself, just dsr's) they WILL revise DSRs if the buyer did not pay within 3 days and you had filed a UID!  Call them back Shaduh!

Message 33 of 42
latest reply

BTW I would bet money your buyer wanted those two rings, thinking they would be useful in their business.  It seems they put new stones in old jewelry, or make molds from old rings.

Message 34 of 42
latest reply

@realitycheck-7 wrote:

BTW I would bet money your buyer wanted those two rings, thinking they would be useful in their business.  It seems they put new stones in old jewelry, or make molds from old rings.

I see what looks like a wonderful older vintage hinged faux filigree bracelet at 9:00 O'Clock.

Message 35 of 42
latest reply

while she has a right to her opinion.......ebay always asks ....have you contacted the seller

opinion is one thing.....a neg implies a service that wasnt performed......and without wanting or asking for refund upon return........this IS where ebay should intervene on your behalf.....keep contacting ebay till you get a real human on the other end

photo newyearsimageebay.jpg
Message 36 of 42
latest reply

when buying a lot.....rarely have i ever wanted every piece in the lot

not only was your buyer getting a very good deal on the price she paid.....you provided excellent pictures and presented your lot very nicely

if she doesnt have experience in buying jewelry.....then she would not know she had bought herself a nice lot.. ..if she has experience she is a malicious buyer and it didnt cost her too much out of her pocket to leave the neg......is she is a seller....which would make it only worse to leave a neg for another seller

and i would BET that your buyer has worn a couple of pieces already and have had compliments on the pieces

photo newyearsimageebay.jpg
Message 37 of 42
latest reply

I think she was thinking those rings were gold.  When they weren't, she got upset.  Never mind that they were sold as COSTUME. There was a really pretty enameled hinged bangle in the lot too.  If it's a mate to the one I have she should have been really happy to get it at that price, never mind the rest...and that awesome filigree bangle into the bargain.  

I only left a neg for a seller once.  She sold a lot as "wholesale" and made the pictures look good.  Meanwhile none of it was resellable except for $3 in scrap silver and one small coin pendant.  Half was literally garbage, good for nothing but the garbage can.  Some was rusty - and actively hazardous as such.  The condition was so bad there was no way anyone could have missed it.  I ended up with a refund and didn't have to return it because Ebay issued a courtesy one since the seller said "no refunds".  Your lot was described as a mixed wear/repair/craft lot right in the title for pity's sake.  

She who dies with the most toys still dies; when's the estate sale?
Message 38 of 42
latest reply

@realitycheck-7 wrote:

I recently read the rules on revision (had one revised myself, just dsr's) they WILL revise DSRs if the buyer did not pay within 3 days and you had filed a UID!

I have been trying to get my neutral removed because they did not pay until after I filed a UID. I even sent them a message asking if they still wanted their item.

I've not had any luck but I think I will try again!

Message 39 of 42
latest reply

Alex..I wanted to add that your health is more important than stressing over a neg. I really hope you get it changed but try not to stress about it if that doesn't work out. I understand how frustrating it is, I am still fretting over my last FB fiasco but I am trying not to let it stay on my mind all the time. The negative feelings generated by dwelling on things we really have little or no control over take a toll on our health, it's just not worth it! Whatever the outcome..don't let it weigh you down. Smiley Happy

Message 40 of 42
latest reply

I think she missed the "fashion jewelry" category and thought she was getting some real gold. She said there wasn't a piece in the lot that she would "use", not "wear", and since she makes jewelry herself, thought she was getting something for nothing.  Instead of slapping her forehead like any normal person would and admitting she misread the listing, she trashes you. What a beootch.

Message 41 of 42
latest reply

Sounds right to me. I wanted everyone to see what happened next so I posted a new message in case people were done checking on this old one.

Ebay sent me their follow up survey in GERMAN !! Wonder if that was to keep me from slamming them?!

Most used advice from my mother - Learn something new every day!
Message 42 of 42
latest reply