• Daily Deals
  • Sell
  • Customer Support
  • Shop Deals
speedwaydog
Community Member

Re: KKK KLU KLUX KLAN 1.5" MEMBER IN GOOD STANDING MEDALLIO

in reply to michaelgestring

You are responding to a 10 year old thread.  Unlikely that you will get a response fromo anyone. 

FYI, eBay does not allow these type items to be sold.  Things like this are a violation of eBay terms and conditions.  eBay cannot watch all auctions and relies on members to report prohibited items.

Pay attention. China is going to win it all!
Please use plain text.
michaelgestring
Community Member

Re: KKK KLU KLUX KLAN 1.5" MEMBER IN GOOD STANDING MEDALLIO

in reply to i*c*t*antique

Don't how you can say ebay doesn't let you sell anything like that...I have bought many things off ebay...as they should allow it...

Please use plain text.
Community Member

KKK KLU KLUX KLAN 1.5" MEMBER IN GOOD STANDING MEDALLIO

in reply to twstdmtltwstd
Oops. I guess you made sense of that. (It's been a long night. Deadlines.) But that was: "... that she THOUGHT was...."
Please use plain text.
Community Member

Are you certain it's actually a KKK piece?

There's a Tri-Kappa fraternity at Dartmouth. One eBayer recently came across a gold "KKK" ring that she that was a KKK artifact, and then found out it was a fraternity ring.

The item was yanked as a KKK artifact. eBay's policies, as another poster already has stated, prohibits the listing of such items. But, curiously, eBay's cops refuse to yank even more offensive items -- offensive in that they are reproductions of racist items or just outright, racist fakes (like "Spook Soap," etc.) -- even though they, too, violate eBay policy.

Go figure.

If your item is the real deal, I personally think it should be permitted to be sold on eBay. It's a cultural and historical (presumably it has real age) artifact. But I don't make eBay policy. Nor do I enforce eBay policy. But, then, again, apparently, neither does eBay. :-p
Please use plain text.
Community Member

WOW !!! LETS TALK ABOUT KEY WORD SPAMMING... AY
Please use plain text.
Community Member

hc, have you been in the cooking sherry again? Dipping those Easter "PeePs" in it is the very best way to eat them, I've found. ( Note to self: starting no-carb diet today ) ( Further note to self: must begin marketing EBay collectables as "no carbs" for maximum hits )

Happy Day after Easter EVERYONE!

Whenever I spot something that looks like "money" should be written all over it, a "FIND!"; I ask myself, " Is it logical that I would find this in an antique mall seller's booth, in a garage or estate sale at 2 p.m., at the Goodwill store at all? It's so true that the 70's saw a big manufacturing of repro items. They could be called "vintage" reproductions, I suppose.
Please use plain text.
Community Member

In case you are considering listing this item - it is prohibited most likely ----

"...Therefore, eBay will judiciously disallow listings or items that promote or glorify hatred, violence, or racial intolerance, or items that promote organizations (such as the KKK, Nazis, neo-Nazis, and Aryan Nation) with such views. For example, eBay will generally remove items that bear the marks of such organizations, such as relics from the KKK or Nazi helmets...."
http://pages.ebay.com/help/policies/offensive.html
Please use plain text.
richarde13
Community Member

Those fake / fantasy brass membership tags are found in two varieties. One has the letters stamped in and the other (yours) has them punched out… They first appeared on the market in 1975 and were found among many other items of that ilk, including bawdy house tokens, Nazi items, etc…Click the link below for a listing of those and many other fake / fantasies.

Click Here

Please use plain text.
6rivets
Community Member

How od you konw it is authentic?

I am responsible for what I say. I am not responsible for what you hear.
Please use plain text.
Community Member

I HAVE A BRASS "KKK" 1.5" MEDALLION...CUTOUT ON MEDALLION SAYS "KKK" AND IMPRINTED SYAS "MEMBER IN GOOD STANDING"...I KNOW IT IS AUTHENTIC...BUT WHERE DID THEY ORIGINATE...I GOTTA GET THIS TO A COLLECTOR WHO COLLECTS RACIST MEMORABILIA????
Please use plain text.