cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anyone tried DermaTend Mole remover?

I have a couple moles I would rather be without, and don't really want to get surgery. I've heard of this cream called DermaTend that supposedly removes them, I'm wondering if anyone has tried it and with what results? Thanks all!
Message 1 of 129
latest reply
128 REPLIES 128

Re: Anyone tried DermaTend Mole remover?

shaniz333
Enthusiast
Hi. I am sure this forum is probably super old but I just received my order of dermatend and I was wondering if you could give me anymore tips than what ive already read from here.

Also, did it scar at all?
Message 46 of 129
latest reply

paigearmstrong
Enthusiast
I purchased DermaTend about a year ago. Before my purchase I went to the Dr. to have her remove a couple different moles on my back and chest area, and to have them checked.
Because I wanted to have them removed for cosmetic reasons she said it would be $175 per mole removed. Thats when I found DermaTend.
Never before had I ever heard of it. Just came across it among the computer.
Anyway you need to be sure to use this EXACTLY how the directions tell you to. Really baby the scab. I have no mark at all where the moles were removed.

I know everyone has their own opinions. Mine for this is positive. I would recommend this to anyone, as long as the mole/ skin tag is not located on the face. It does take healing and A LOT of bandaids to keep it clean.
Message 47 of 129
latest reply

That was simply beautiful...
Message 48 of 129
latest reply

I am about to graduate medical school, and I have been using dermatend for over a year now. I have taken off about 40 or so moles. Granted most of them have been flat and not very raised, but they were very dark brown to black in pigment. I had them on my back, arms chest and abdomen. The trick is to not follow the direction on the package to just slop the stuff on the mole and then cover with a bandaid. The most effective and least time consuming way is to take a small pin and very precisely circle around the mole a few times, then within the border of the mole only scratch it a lot, like make it really raw almost bloody. Wait for the bleeding to stop, should only be a couple minutes, then carefully dip the tip of the pin in the dermatend and apply it only on the mole. Wait for it to dry and thats it. After a few days the scab will fall off. dont use bandaids because that will just absorb all the product you just put on. When the scab comes off there will be a pink looking depression of raw skin underneath that will fill in over a week or so. After a couple weeks, you will just maybe have a white spot or nothin where the mole used to be. It really is a dramatic difference to go from having black spots all over your body to having none, even if a few of them are little white marks. Much less trauma to skin than shave biopsies or excisions, and much cheaper!
Message 49 of 129
latest reply

tshhhh
Enthusiast
I chose to believe the success stories of this product and now I have 3 mole-sized third-degree chemical burns.

I followed the instructions exactly, and perhaps my skin is more sensitive than most, but this is a powerful acid and I'm sure to have some very disturbing scars as a result. I'm now coating the burns with a topical antiseptic to avoid infection, but it's been 10 days now and my skin is still the white, fleshy, and incredibly at risk of infection and definitely at risk of unfortunate scaring.
Message 50 of 129
latest reply

Uhm......this thread is scary!!! 😮

I'll live with my mole.
~Donna~
Message 51 of 129
latest reply

littlebit_ann
Enthusiast
I havent used that product but I have used duct tape and it works without all of those chemicals. All you do is put duct tape over the wort and leave it covered. In a couple of weeks the wort is gone. I did this a couple of years ago with a wort on my thumb. the wort never grew back !!!! and its painless to
Message 52 of 129
latest reply

Poster #54: You do know that warts and moles are two entirely different things, right?
Message 53 of 129
latest reply

Your son is in my thoughts...sending positivity his way.

I think it is important to remind lurkers that abnormal cells does not = cancerous cells. Many women have abnormal paps that are not cancerous. MyDH has Barrett's esophagus, which results in abnormal cells in the lining of the esophagus. This can become cancerous, but it is not cancerous now. I just don't want folks reading your post to assume that abnormal cells equate to cancer-they are two totally different things.
Message 54 of 129
latest reply

Those that chastise people performing DIY procedures may not understand what it is like to have a large number of moles all over their body and constantly be embarassed even to wear short sleeve shirts or shorts in public (let alone go shirtless at a swimming pool or at the beach).
Message 55 of 129
latest reply

The problem is, the very people you mention, who have a great number of moles on their body, are the very ones who are more at risk of melanoma.
Message 56 of 129
latest reply

marleymc7
Enthusiast
I was wondering if this product can be used on the penis because my son has a flat mole "down there" and is considering this product. Thanks in advance!
Message 57 of 129
latest reply

sbtier
Scout
I'm in cancer research and anything that burns the skin causes cancer, whether it's the sun, a burn from fire, or a burn from acid. You can't go deep enough to burn off a mole without causing damage to the deepest layers of the skin.
Message 58 of 129
latest reply

i've used Dermatend with some good results. Two things to keep in mind is 1) If you scar easily, you might want to stay away. 2) Keep out of sunlight (or tanning booths) while using the product. Scar tissue can be permanently pigmented by uv radiation.
Be good to those around you!!
Message 59 of 129
latest reply

viwanton
Thrill-Seeker
No one should be self-treating moles. Just go to the Dermatologist and have them taken care of properly.
Message 60 of 129
latest reply