cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RedKen P.P.T. "S-77" Instant-Acting Hair Reconditioner 1960's !?! Please help

Hello. I acquired this gem a few days ago. The bottle is full, though it appears some might have leaked. I have spent at least a couple of hours trying to find this version and the only references that I have come up with date in the late 1960's which leads me to believe that this bottle is the actual original formula and bottle. I know that would mean also, that this bottle is worth more than $200. I just don't know precisely how much. Will you guys please help me to figure this out once and for all?
Message 1 of 10
latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

Message 2 of 10
latest reply

curious as to why it would be worth more than $200.
Message 3 of 10
latest reply

did you ever sell it?

Message 4 of 10
latest reply

The price would be contingent upon what people will PAY for this item - Not what you (Or anyone else) thinks its worth. If you want to sell this, put it up on eBay with a MINIMUM Bid Price based on what you think you could get for it. Keep in mind that although it may be an ORIGINAL product, it is still not a gauranteed sale at that price.

Message 5 of 10
latest reply

Hi I started hairdressing in the late 70s Redken only came out them this ppt is put concentrate won't smell so good and be a bit sticky it can be mixed with your conditioner as a treatment for best results hope this helps .

Message 6 of 10
latest reply

Wow! That is a gem. Wondering what it sold for?

Message 7 of 10
latest reply

Wow!!  I used to use Redken PPT and Climatress on my hair in the 80's, and my stylist and I would like to use PPT again.  Neither of us care for CAT, Redken's replacement.  I'm not a hair stylist, but if this bottle is from the late 60's, we're talking 50 years old.  That makes it an antique, and I have to wonder what condition it's in!!  Good luck!

Message 8 of 10
latest reply

Actually, I've done some checking, and I think that may be a more recently produced product than the late 60's.  I don't know how many people, if any, would be willing to pay $200, since you don't know exactly when it was made & it looks like it's leaked.  Does it smell fresh?  Can you run it by some stylists or a hair supply place?  I'd be willing to consider purchasing at a lesser price, if you could get answer those questions!  Happy New Year!!

Message 9 of 10
latest reply

This looks as if it could be a 'First Run' of the P.P.T.-S77 Protein Treatment Concentrate which was introduced by RedKen in 1960 as the bottle in the 1970's was transparent and had the word 'REDKEN' embossed around the top shoulder and bottom of the bottle. RedKen was founded by Jeri Redding and actress/model Paula Kent hence the name: Red Ken taken from the first three letters of their surnames. 

Message 10 of 10
latest reply