cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anyone tried DermaTend Mole remover?

I have a couple moles I would rather be without, and don't really want to get surgery. I've heard of this cream called DermaTend that supposedly removes them, I'm wondering if anyone has tried it and with what results? Thanks all!
Message 1 of 129
latest reply
128 REPLIES 128

You're right about it being painless. I had one taken off my lower eyelid, inside the lash line, and it really didn't hurt. I was pleasantly surprised. The needles they use are about the size of a mosquito sucker-upper.
Message 31 of 129
latest reply

"Iodine will do the same thing for $1.99"

Do what? Iodine will remove moles? Skin tags? Is this the same iodine they use to prep you for surgery? Over the counter? Or are you kidding?

:)
Message 32 of 129
latest reply

I had a bunch of the raised, ugly looking "moles" on my back and torso. The doctor diagnosed them as actinic keritosis, and he removed 3 that interfered with my bra by using a sanding-type of removal.

I removed the others myself by using the freezone remover that is liquid nitrogen. I was able to remove at least a dozen without any pain. The mark where they came off is almost invisible (while the marks left by the doctor's sanding still remains). Since doctors do freeze these as one removal option, I'd recommend trying that for the ones that have been diagnosed as keritosis. It was easy to do. My twin sister is now removing hers that way...unfortunately this is heriditary and my mom has them too.
Message 33 of 129
latest reply

elite_trader27
Enthusiast
Franquerolane says:
"I had hoped nobody elso would be tempted to use this stuff. Moles aren't just on the surface, they can go very deep. So you burn off the surface with this stuff and the skin heals over. What happens if the rest
of the mole (which you can no longer see under the scar) turns into melanoma?"

I would just like to say that this product apparently does not only remove the moles on the surface, but also can also penetrate the whole root deep into the skin and kills it off. Lasers remove moles as well, however lasers cannot penetrate deep in the skin so they are less effective. I am not an expert of how this product works, but surely if the root of the mole was remaining, then in which case the mole would return??

I brought this product up to my derm oncologist surgeon at my annual exam recently. These are her words:

"Absolutely insane".

And she should know.

PLEASE EDUCATE YOURSELVES!"

First of all even if this product was perfect, the dermatologists will draw people away from it, as this will lose them business. Think about that!
Message 34 of 129
latest reply

There is no way this stuff can differentiate normal cells from the atypical cells that make up a mole.
Message 35 of 129
latest reply

My melanoma developed in a mole that I'd had for 20 years. There was just a *slight* change in its appearance, so on a routine visit I opted to have it tested. Surprise!

This bloodroot stuff will scar a lot worse than a dermatologist's scalpel.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt.

Message 36 of 129
latest reply

This thread makes me laugh.

One person said it right...

It's competition to dermatologists! why would they say anything good about it? Takes business from them.

Dermatend is all natural. it doesnt "freeze" anything off and it does work. even on the face! I have removed several. My chin, neck, back.

Of course you want to stay away from cancerous moles.

They're around with all this good feedback after all this time for a reason.

worked for me that's for sure.
Message 37 of 129
latest reply

Of course you want to stay away from cancerous moles.

Do you own your own microscope?
Message 38 of 129
latest reply

Any updates on this stuff? Any new experiences? I have four moles on my face that I would love to get rid of. But doctors have refused to remove them because they say they are not cancerous.
Message 39 of 129
latest reply

I really love using the freeze wart remover. It has been 150% successful with my keratosis.

Have you gone to a dermatologist? I am sure that they would remove the moles if you are unhappy. Perhaps your doctor was afraid of scarring? I see that Sarah Jessica Parker had her mole removed (thank God), and there is only a small scar remaining.
Message 40 of 129
latest reply

IQs under average

I think that you meant IQs below average.
Message 41 of 129
latest reply

Dermatend is amazing!!!!!!! in the past year i have taken 30+ moles off, dark flat ones up to a half-centameter. i dont suggest using the bandaid though, they will fall off, and bandaids can leave marks on the skin for a very long time. i just encircle the mole with a small pin and scratch it in a grid until is it uniformly raw. take a small dap of the dermatend on the top if the pin and then just paint it. if they are on ur body dont wear a shirt for a while until it dries. also maybe dont take a shower for 24 hrs to let the scab for. it will scab up within a day and last up to a week or so before it falls off. there will be a pink indentation where it fell off, but don't worry, it will fill in and be flush with the surrounding skin within a week. i had them all over my chest and arms. and they are all gone now, u cant even see any marks from where they were removed. having to get someone to help me on the back ones. it's all in technique people, just be very meticulous and precise in only putting the goop on the scratched area
Message 42 of 129
latest reply

I had a spot scrapped off on my chin -under my lip .I think it was called ketosis.I also have a nice stand of bloodroot that will be comung up soon.Personally,I recommend the doc.
Message 43 of 129
latest reply

goldendore512
Enthusiast
I would not recommend the product. Go see a doctor if you truly want to remove the moles. I was stupid enough to try Dermatend, and while the moles would come off, they all returned over time (like within 3 months). I think that's why they put that money back guarantee only for 3 months. If it was so great, why doesn't the money back guarantee last longer? They know the moles come back, and once you realize that, it's too late to get your money back. I mainly got it to use for moles on my face, but I never did because of the few moles that came back after I applied the cream. My hope is that I didn't cause any problems by doing this. I'll probably have to go see a dermatologist and remove the ones I applied it on. Those I didn't mind anyways, but now I feel like I need to remove them to avoid any health issues the Dermatend product may have caused. The problem before with seeing a dermatologist in removing moles is that he didn't see anything wrong with any of my moles, so he wouldn't operate. I still may not be able to convince one.
Message 44 of 129
latest reply

Golden, your family doctor (general practitioner) would probably remove your moles just for asking. My brother had a few small moles cut off his face last summer by his primary care physician. He never saw a dermatologist, just the doctor he regularly sees for checkups. He doesn't even have any scars now where the moles were.
Photobucket
Birth of a Butterfly
Message 45 of 129
latest reply