eBay
  • Daily Deals
  • Sell
  • Customer Support
Community Member

Selling Pearl necklace

I have a pearl necklace I'd like to sell and I have a written appraisal. What is the best way to sell this necklace?
Thank you for your help
Janice
Please use plain text.
Community Member

Re: Selling Pearl necklace

in reply to yaelemuna
Hello, I notice you have had no ne help you on your question. If I can be of help .
You have a current valuation I gather. It will tell you the retail replacement value and maybe another such as ,probate? Also it must tell you what the pearls are IE. Akoya, or Fresh water.

Here is a list of things someone would like to know.
Akoya; or seawater grown pearls.
Freshwater: this is important as the value is different for each type.
Graduated or non graduated. If graduated size of the smallest to largest in the middle. If not graduated the average size of say overall 8 pearls you check at odd intervals through the necklace. It is common for pears to vary slightly in size.
Length of necklace.
Blemishes, including discoloration owing to wear and tear, worn centre of bead, pitting and raise knobs. Dyed for colour, checking for this use a 10x loupe in to the drilled holes you will see the coloured line where the dye has stopped.
It is important that the condition is clearly made to whether the pearls are round or other shapes and Odd shaped pearls are less valuable.The term "baroque", refers to a pearl that is very knobbly or odd shaped.
The state of threading and the catch also must be listed. Jillian
Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to yaelemuna
They are seawater grown. Non graduated. Catch is listed. Here's the appraisers description:
18” strand of white pearls, uniform sized. They are knotted between each pearl and the strand has a yellow gold fish hook clasp. Size of the pearls = 6.5-7 mm. There are 61 pearls in the strand.

They have hardly been worn; purchased in about 1986 from Frederick & Nelson dept store in Seattle.

Thanks for your help!! I have a strand of Mikimotos that belonged to my mother and don't need these anymore.
Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to yaelemuna
I have a pearl necklace I'd like to sell and I have a written appraisal. What is the best way to sell this necklace?
Thank you for your help
Janice
Hi Janice, make a lovely bracelet that necklace. easy to do but do put a nice catch on it. Often half pair of gold earrings will make a nice catch. Jillian
Please use plain text.