cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Has USPS delivery been a little slow lately?

Last week I got a 1/2 DSR on shipping time. It was the first one I've received.  I'm working on running reports to see who it was.  The thing is, I ship the same day or the next morning.  I can't be any quicker than that.  To see if shipping time/delivery is off, I began tracking a Priority Mail package that was sent last week and after 6 days it still hasn't reached its destination. I hope this isn't happening regularly.  Is anyone else having late deliveries or getting your shipping DSR dinged?

Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is honorable, whatever is just, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is commendable, if there is any excellence, if there is anything worthy of praise, think about these things. --Philippians 4:8
Message 1 of 206
latest reply
205 REPLIES 205

Re: Has USPS delivery been a little slow lately?

The item I ordered on the 27th had tracking uploaded within 24 hrs, but was only just put in the mail a couple of days ago.  After a week with the tracking showing nothing at all I contacted the seller.  The auction I won on the first didn't ever have tracking uploaded & after a week I contacted that seller as well, who DID have tracking, she just hadn't uploaded it.  I wouldn't hesitate to contact using the "other" choice, of course - NOT the "I don't have my item yet" choice. 

I'm going to wait until the 3 week mark before messaging them, so 3 more days not counting tomorow since it's Sunday. Luckily, I didn't need this package before a certain date!

Message 76 of 206
latest reply

Yes, I just had a Prioriity package take 6 days from the Northeast to the Midwest.

So much for "2 day delivery".

Message 77 of 206
latest reply

They usually get my item to the buyer within 3 days.  I have found out that FC is just as fast as PM sometimes FC items get there faster than PM items. 

Message 78 of 206
latest reply

Okay so check this I am in arizona I get packages quicker from china then from east coast for one
I ordered 2 packages on jan 2 one never scanned notified seller when it showed up the other went missing on the 4th and finally popped back up on the 11th I guess I will have on the 13th, packages from China I get in 10 days lol, then I ordered package from ohio on 6th with all the snow anyways got on 8th and usps asks for comments and I am all where my comments for the other 2
Message 79 of 206
latest reply

I am glad to know that I am not the only one having this problem. I have ordered stuff and it has been taking at least two weeks now and that has never happened! I'm concerned now about the stuff that I have sold getting there in a timely fashion so the buyer won't be displeased but there is only so much that can be done I guess.

Message 80 of 206
latest reply

Yes, a package of minewent to san fran instead of the east coast, took 3 times longer than it should've. Then today, a customer contacted me because her 2 day package wasn't 2 dayand she needed today. I've called customer service and they have no live person to talk to as they are too busy because of the weather, is all they can say! I just wonder if the overnight stuff is getting there.

Message 81 of 206
latest reply

I had recently ordered a product from China and it took 3 days from acceptance in China all the way to Chicago, and has taken 6 days so far from chicago to my house (Aprrox 9 Hour drive), mind on the so called "Tracking" it says that the package has not made an additional stops.

It will probably take another 3 days to reach my house (So 9 days all together), for a 9 hour drive distance.

Message 82 of 206
latest reply

I just had a second case opened against me because of items not received yet, I am getting tired of this post office situation. People want me to send things just first class so its cheaper which adds to time, however this is getting ridiculous. I am getting low ratings for something out of my hands. Any suggestions?

Message 83 of 206
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

@victorianprincess77 wrote:

I just had a second case opened against me because of items not received yet, I am getting tired of this post office situation. People want me to send things just first class so its cheaper which adds to time, however this is getting ridiculous. I am getting low ratings for something out of my hands. Any suggestions?

if it qualifies, use first class with tracking...in some cases using first class I had packages delivered within 2 to 3 days

Message 84 of 206
latest reply

I'm in Atlanta. We haven't had mail delivered since Monday. I'm in the city, near Georgia Tech campus. The post office is opened, but they do not send the trucks, it is still too icy on the roads. I wonder what is the situation in other places affected by winter storm Leon.

Message 85 of 206
latest reply

I use first class with tracking and the last couple of months I have at least 6 issues with USPS more than in the last 8 years. Must be the weather?

Message 86 of 206
latest reply

Carry on pushing zero you will get a live person then ask to put a tracker on it. They will find your package USPS has been sending parcels North when should be going South East when should be West. Strange maybe they are having staff cutbacks?

Message 87 of 206
latest reply

Yes, I have experienced extremely slow delivery by the Poastal Service. Our postamn explained they have cut back on all kinds of facilities etc. and are trucking more than using air. I've got five stars on shipping---ship very quickly but the post office is going to screw that up for me. I complained to ebay to quit putting such quick estimates on the fast and free shipping because customer's think it's the sellers fault. Ebay should at least wrn buyers that the postal service is running slower and there may be delays.

Bob

@insearchofancestors wrote:

Last week I got a 1/2 DSR on shipping time. It was the first one I've received.  I'm working on running reports to see who it was.  The thing is, I ship the same day or the next morning.  I can't be any quicker than that.  To see if shipping time/delivery is off, I began tracking a Priority Mail package that was sent last week and after 6 days it still hasn't reached its destination. I hope this isn't happening regularly.  Is anyone else having late deliveries or getting your shipping DSR dinged?

Message 88 of 206
latest reply

My mortgage payment took 6 day to get from orlando to dallas, and that was just an envelope.
Message 89 of 206
latest reply

Im glad Im not the only person that is seeing this. I don't even know why the USPS bothers to even put the expected delivery day, because it never happens on that day at all for me. Its always like 4-5 days after. What is going on over there???

Message 90 of 206
latest reply