cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Has USPS delivery been a little slow lately?

Last week I got a 1/2 DSR on shipping time. It was the first one I've received.  I'm working on running reports to see who it was.  The thing is, I ship the same day or the next morning.  I can't be any quicker than that.  To see if shipping time/delivery is off, I began tracking a Priority Mail package that was sent last week and after 6 days it still hasn't reached its destination. I hope this isn't happening regularly.  Is anyone else having late deliveries or getting your shipping DSR dinged?

Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is honorable, whatever is just, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is commendable, if there is any excellence, if there is anything worthy of praise, think about these things. --Philippians 4:8
Message 1 of 206
latest reply
205 REPLIES 205

I stalk my items as they travel across the country and everything so far has been tracking to the destination in 2 days.  I think a package to Hawaii took 3 days not counting the weekend.

Knock on wood...

photo bats.gif
Message 2 of 206
latest reply

Yes, I noticed that too. Something is wrong.

I noticed that they generally take 1-2 days longer now. One of my packages went to IA (its destination) from NY in quick 2 days, than traveled to NC, hanged there for 3-4 days and went back to IA where it was successfully delivered. ?:|

Another one (with very expensive item) stayed in my local sort facility for 3 days! And buyer was unhappy about that and blamed me 😞

Another one, also with very expensive item was only scanned upon delivery and never on the way, it was Priority and took 6 days which is pretty long time. I was so relieved to finally see "delivered", I almost said goodbye to over $200.

One Express International package with over $3000 in value (this was my personal, not ebay related, bought something for my family from web site that doesn't ship to Russia) stayed in US international sort facility for 3 freaking weeks! Express! I paid over $300 for that!

Message 3 of 206
latest reply

Yes it has been slower and it goes the scenic route to get there too.  I had a package mailed same day from from DC to Kentucky (2 states away) by way of TEXAS!!  I have had other packages take over a week to get from one end of Virginia to the other but from DC to California in 2.  I know there have been snow storms in the midwest for weeks now so not sure if the PO is rerouting the mail to go around the problem areas.  I once got slammed for "slow shipping" when the item sat at the buyers PO for 3 weeks without being delivered to their house or notifying them that it was ready for pickup.

Message 4 of 206
latest reply

I've noticed and have considered posting a note about slower shipping on my auctions.

Message 5 of 206
latest reply

I would be interested to see if there is an increase in lost items as well. In the past three months, I've had two packages "lost" on the way to my home and I have one of my sold items that is currently in limbo. 

I called the buyers local PO and the lady said it was preposterous that it was lost (it's been three weeks) and that I can't just call looking for things because I am impatient. 

If I bought and sold a large volume, three packages not scanned out of sorting centers wouldn't seem so crazy. 

Do UPS and FEDex have the same issues? Im thinking about using them for my more expensive items? 

Message 6 of 206
latest reply

I had a buyer contact me last week who was concerned after looking at her tracking info.  It was going from Texas to Utah and was in PA having gone through OH.....and then she actually received the package the next day.  So weird. 

Message 7 of 206
latest reply

Then it isn't just me. I have no problem with my personal mail being a little slower, but when it is business and the buyer dings my DSR when it is beyond my control it really bothers me.

Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is honorable, whatever is just, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is commendable, if there is any excellence, if there is anything worthy of praise, think about these things. --Philippians 4:8
Message 8 of 206
latest reply

No problems here, 2 days to anywhere, FC or Priority.  I think your individual PO has a lot to do w/ it, mine has always been really speedy.

This one goes to Eleven - Nigel Tufnel

Simply-the-best-for-you Volunteer Community Mentor
eBay Seller since 1996

Message 9 of 206
latest reply

I have noticed slower shipping also, however it may be because of the horrible weather lately.

Flights are canceled, airports closed, trucks can't move, etc.....

Message 10 of 206
latest reply

I had an item take 9 days last month from Los Angeles to Utah and I thought that was way too long.  I haven't received feedback on this item yet, but hope they won't hold the slow delivery against me since I mailed as soon as I received the order.

Message 11 of 206
latest reply

I thought it had been slower too.  But I just had something take 4 days to get from Indiana to Texas and it was mailed parcel select.   I've had priority take longer than that to get to Texas.  

Message 12 of 206
latest reply

It's been slower than usual.  Of course, for some crazy reason a package sent from northern IL to me (southern IL) had to go to Memphis, TN, first.  It was delayed by a couple of days, but obviously I knew why 🙂

Message 13 of 206
latest reply

I've had big problems lately.  Last Monday I mailed a Priority pkg from St. Louis to Southern Illinois.  Buyer had said they really needed it by Thursday.  It went on a tour of Kentucky (spent three days in Louisville and Lexington), finally got delivered Saturday (day 6).

First three International packages with the higher new postage and "tracking" disappeared off the grid more than two weeks ago.  No tracking after they left the local hub. 

Priority pkg to me coming from CA somehow made it to New Jersey (I guess it flew right over the midwest without stopping).

Such a mess.  When I called about the one hanging out in KY I was told nothing they could do until the 6th business day which was 1/2 hour later, but she refused to help, and when I commented that this is part of the reason why USPS is having trouble, she hung up on me.  I filed an online complaint, got a call from my local PO (who were not involved at all) but they told me that what she told me about the 6th day was totally inaccurate, and they could have put a trace on it then.

Heather
Message 14 of 206
latest reply

YES.

I sent out a Priority package last Friday afternoon (March 8), was supposed to be there on Tuesday, as of today (March 16), still not there.

I sent out something First Class on Thursday and it is still showing that the Electronic Shipping Info Has Been Received.

This is frustrating. If I'm paying money for a shipping service, I expect it to get there in a reasonable time. Paying $13 for 2-3 shipping that takes more than 6 mail business days to arrive is silly.

Message 15 of 206
latest reply