cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A Doll A Day, please join!

Hi, thought it would be fun to do a doll a day.  Please join!  Every day, post one of your dolls.  It can be obscure, popular or only you love it.  Tell us who it is, who made it, a little bit about it and why you love it!  Only one a day and we can go on forever!....terri

terri b photo terrib.jpg

I'm havin' fun!
Message 1 of 2,404
latest reply
2,403 REPLIES 2,403

Re: A Doll A Day, please join!

but don't know how to post pics these days....terri

terri b photo terrib.jpg

I'm havin' fun!
Message 541 of 2,404
latest reply

Tacky:  I think they've finally taken care of the picture posting problems---knock on hard plastic (no wood available).

Unmarked compo, 21", all original (I think).   

Pat G.

Message 542 of 2,404
latest reply

Love your sweet Riley :-x tacky

Lover your big compo girl Patkan :-x Her face reminds me of the compo R&B Nancy.

I have to dig out some more doll pictures now that i'ts fixed.

Message 543 of 2,404
latest reply

Speaking of Nancy, here is my early 16" R&B compo, redressed, human hair, tin eyes, 2 teeth. 

Photobucket

Message 544 of 2,404
latest reply

@ fragile_bloom_232:

Christian is gorgeous! David would love to come over and play!

Life could be wonderful if people would leave you alone
~Charlie Chaplin~
Message 545 of 2,404
latest reply

Oh how I love these old girls, and fantastic outfits on both too. :-x

Photobucket
Message 546 of 2,404
latest reply

I agree,  precious compo girls:-x

My old girls are taking a ride with Santa;-)

Photobucket

Janey
Photobucket
E Loved Dolls
Message 547 of 2,404
latest reply

terri b photo terrib.jpg

I'm havin' fun!
Message 548 of 2,404
latest reply

photo SignatureCJS.jpg
Message 549 of 2,404
latest reply

"Peace on Earth" 

Pat G.

Message 550 of 2,404
latest reply

Sekiguchi Printemps 1970s - 1980s Japan.

Sekiguchi early 1980s

Message 551 of 2,404
latest reply

celticmom0370
Enthusiast

Dear HQueenLa,

When I was little my grandmother bought me a doll that looks soooo , soooo very much like this one! It was a tradition in our family, each new baby girl was bought her first doll by her grandmother. I always thought it was the sweetest tradition! Any way to try to make a very long story short----my family was a military family so as I grew "MaryAnne",my dolls name, was one of the only constants in my life and I love her so very much! She was always one of the first toys I packed into my toybox when we would get orders to move, I trusted putting her in that toybox because it had was made of oak and had pad locks which were always locked when ever we moved.  So it was a safe place for  her to travel, and so she and I did! We moved all over the world, MaryAnne and I. Together from the day I was born to our very last move when I was 15 years old and my father retired from the millitary. She was a littlle smaller than yours, with a lovely light blue and white gingham checked ,white lace trimmed dress and panties, also sweet little white socks and white maryjane style shoes. I can still see her so clearly in my mind and today I am 50 years old! On that very last move someone stole all of our camping gear, my brothers winter clothes, and worst of all my best friend-MaryAnne! I wanted my littlle girls to some day have her for their very own so badly! I feel like my childhood was stollen that day and it has left a hole in my heart that can never be filled! Why would anyone take a girls doll? I have spent countless hours since that day hunting for her or one like her. I'm still searching. If you have something that is and was that special to you never let it out of your sight! Always searching, Sheri Lewis.

Message 552 of 2,404
latest reply

Sheri, did you mean this doll...

http://forums.ebay.com/db1/topic/Dolls/A-Doll-A/5200030188?start=48#msg5200471518

or this one...

http://forums.ebay.com/db1/topic/Dolls/A-Doll-A/5200030188?start=28#msg5200466893

Linda identified the first as a Madame Alexander Wendy, and the 2nd as a Betsy Wetsy, so I would hope that could help you to find your girl again.

Photobucket
Message 553 of 2,404
latest reply

celticmom0370
Enthusiast

Thank you so much, it is the betsy wetsy, only mine was smaller, about 12 inches I believe. It is one of my dearest wishes to find her again some day. Thank you for your help.---Sheri

Message 554 of 2,404
latest reply

Sheri, when you least expect it, and when you think all hope is gone, Wham..."there she is"

A few months ago I found my stolen 1st doll on ebay, after missing her for 35 years! Turns out the nice seller bought the doll 20 years ago at a fleamarket in NYC, where I'm from. Doll is rare and one of the first hard plastic dolls made by Ideal in 1948. Makes me happy every time I look at her. Keep looking...:-D

Photobucket

Message 555 of 2,404
latest reply