cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A Doll A Day, please join!

Hi, thought it would be fun to do a doll a day.  Please join!  Every day, post one of your dolls.  It can be obscure, popular or only you love it.  Tell us who it is, who made it, a little bit about it and why you love it!  Only one a day and we can go on forever!....terri

terri b photo terrib.jpg

I'm havin' fun!
Message 1 of 2,404
latest reply
2,403 REPLIES 2,403

Re: A Doll A Day, please join!

mabverick
Scout

Her wig had never been off of her, I had to pop it off (VERY nervously) because she had jammed eyes. Turned out that the sleeper rod in her head, the bit of wood which stopped the weight of her eyes rolling up too far when she was laid down, had come unstuck and jammed the weight down, so that they wouldn't open or close - so she was permanently like this:

Photobucket

I do have a very soft spot for the dolls I have rescued/rehabilated, and this is my first - and currently only - K*R character doll, but NOT the last one, I hope!

ebay siggy
Message 151 of 2,404
latest reply

Gorgeous dolls. How I love this thread. The K&R celluloid toddler is heart melting. I'm happy that you won her. She obviously could not have gone to a better home.

Message 152 of 2,404
latest reply

I really like your character toddler, Mab.

Her chunky body is just adorable!

What a fabulous buy!

These character dolls have SUCH lively expressions; they always make me smile.

:-x

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems,

but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

~Herm Albright
Message 153 of 2,404
latest reply

Oh Wow! Marie, The W. D.:-x

Bella,:-x what a story, must have been like looking for a needle in the haystack, great that you saved her.

Janey
Photobucket
E Loved Dolls
Message 154 of 2,404
latest reply

Choca, love your "little":-x

Mab, darling girl and beautiful eyes:-x

'Little Hertwig' w/glass eyes

Janey
Photobucket
E Loved Dolls
Message 155 of 2,404
latest reply

My 28" SH  HH on her wooden ice skates.  At the moment, this lovely girl is a horse woman, her summer activity!:^O  Marie

Message 156 of 2,404
latest reply

Choca, your little Kestner is sooooo sweet. Lovely eyes!

Mab, your toddler is an incredible buy! If I had seen her, I would surely have wanted her, so, great sleeper find!!!

Photobucket
Message 157 of 2,404
latest reply

I am so loving looking at all the beauties and learning something about dolls as well!...keep them coming and thanks!

This is my little Unis Matilda who started out life as Mathew...can you tell I am a doll unisexer?

terri b photo terrib.jpg

I'm havin' fun!
Message 158 of 2,404
latest reply

One of my three wax dollies.  I will post the other two tomorrow and Friday.  This grand lady came from an auction in NH.  Two photos.  First, she is ready to retire for the evening, wig on the hat stand and night cap on her head.

Second photo as she looks today.  New old wig, cape and dress and hat.  Holding her fur muff as the chilly London mornings can make one shiver.;-)

Message 159 of 2,404
latest reply

12" cloth Chad Valley, tagged outfit. 

Pat G.

Message 160 of 2,404
latest reply

I adore this flirty-eyeddoll, marked W for Wernike... original everything. (a sleeper that a dolly buddy pointed out to me)

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems,

but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

~Herm Albright
Message 161 of 2,404
latest reply

This little Miss Nobody Important is my favorite doll.  (Don't tell the others!). I love her little face, and even her bad haircut hiding under the cap I made for her.  I am having so much fun looking at y'all's dolls.  They are what my daughter called buuuugorjus when she was little.

Photobucket
Message 162 of 2,404
latest reply

The dolls have been stunning and I've loved each one. But how well I understand Susie's beloved Miss Nobody Important.

Last December I found this Vogue Baby Dear One in a TS toy bin while taking a break from the hospital where my cherished young niece was dying. I love this doll unaccountably.

In March I was stunned when my 7th grade granddaughter used this doll's photo in a school assignment on an interesting relative and said, "I think my Grandma saves dolls because she can't save people."

Message 163 of 2,404
latest reply

Love, Love, Love Seeing EVERYONES Beautiful Dolls:-x

A.W. Fr. Kister China Head Doll

(modified flat top)

Janey
Photobucket
E Loved Dolls
Message 164 of 2,404
latest reply